The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nightmare91
awwwhhh how cute :biggrin:

You are part of my extended family! LOL
Original post by 94george94
It's weird. I come on this thread every night to help one another and see the same people everyday.

You're starting to become my family. :colondollar:

init though tbf i am pretty new here
Reply 3202
Original post by crazy1234
Lol, mine was in German, so also a language :smile:

I got a B in French too :woo:

Original post by 94george94
You are part of my extended family! LOL

I'm the Dad as the thread starter then? :sexface:
Original post by Tateco

Indeed you are... daddy? :wink:
I looked at the last post on this thread and was a bit :lolwut:

Through detailed research consisting of looking back a few posts, I then conclude, ahhh I understand... :ms:

:h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tateco

Hahahhahahaha That is hilarious!!! I guess you are :sexface: And what is Groat? The godfather? :biggrin:
Reply 3206
Decided on Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and either Queen Mary / Sheffield for L100
Original post by somaiyar
Decided on Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and either Queen Mary / Sheffield for L100

No LSE? I think I know, but I'll ask anyway, why?
Original post by perrytheplatypus

Are all ur unis in the top 7 man?
whose applying to durham ?
Reply 3210

I don't have full A2 Further Maths, I will only have AS Further Maths, thats the main reason, but UCL is really competitive as it is, and I'm told by my teachers applying to Cambridge, UCL, and LSE is unwise
Reply 3211
I don't have full A2 Further Maths, I will only have AS Further Maths, thats the main reason, but UCL is really competitive as it is, and I'm told by my teachers applying to Cambridge, UCL, and LSE is unwise

Whoops. :sexface:
Reply 3212

I would be interested to hear what you think the benefits of LSE are because I'm still not 100% on my choices...
Reply 3213
Original post by Groat
Whoops. :sexface:

*Unless you are Groat / Tateco / any other Dons on this thread
Reply 3214
*Unless you are Groat / Tateco / any other Dons on this thread

Trust me I have flaws in my application, hence getting rid of LSE (but flaws weren't the only reason... and I still haven't 100% ruled it out yet :colondollar:)
Reply 3215
Original post by Tateco
I would be interested to hear what you think the benefits of LSE are because I'm still not 100% on my choices...

There's probably no advantage compared to the others in terms of teaching. Maybe even a disadvantage actually from what I hear about contact time with lecturers. However, LSE's reputation I'd say is right up there with Cambridge for economics. Some would argue it's even better but then again Cambridge is Cambridge.
Reply 3216
Original post by zxh800
There's probably no advantage compared to the others in terms of teaching. Maybe even a disadvantage actually from what I hear about contact time with lecturers. However, LSE's reputation I'd say is right up there with Cambridge for economics. Some would argue it's even better but then again Cambridge is Cambridge.

The reputation is good, but for me the course seems to force too much maths on you compared to other universities. I would probably apply if the course content looked amazing but because of my GCSEs I don't know whether or not is worth the risk :s-smilie:
Reply 3217
Original post by Tateco

Original post by Tateco
The reputation is good, but for me the course seems to force too much maths on you compared to other universities. I would probably apply if the course content looked amazing but because of my GCSEs I don't know whether or not is worth the risk :s-smilie:

I wasn't (and still am not, to some extent) convinced that setting my hopes on LSE is a good idea. I think it's unreasonably competitive, and what I've heard about the teaching is similar to what you and others have said here. Then again, there are those who go there and say it's great - the graduate prospects aren't too bad either. :P
Its reputation is the only real reason for it being on my application. I'm looking at it as a likely rejection though.
Original post by Tateco

This is true. I know a really intelligent girl who studies Maths and Economics there, and she says the content, particularly the maths, is incredibly hard and time-consuming. Of course she's doing a maths joint course but she says most courses at LSE are like this.
She even failed her first year and had to retake it! She's moving into her third year this year though.

But yeah she says she doesn't enjoy it very much at all, wishes she firmed Warwick instead :eek:
Not to put anyone off LSE, but just saying Tateco has a point. LSE students are worked real hard.
Reply 3219
Original post by VCR
I wasn't (and still am not, to some extent) convinced that setting my hopes on LSE is a good idea. I think it's unreasonably competitive, and what I've heard about the teaching is similar to what you and others have said here. Then again, there are those who go there and say it's great - the graduate prospects aren't too bad either. :P
Its reputation is the only real reason for it being on my application. I'm looking at it as a likely rejection though.

Original post by Confused101
This is true. I know a really intelligent girl who studies Maths and Economics there, and she says the content, particularly the maths, is incredibly hard and time-consuming. Of course she's doing a maths joint course but she says most courses at LSE are like this.
She even failed her first year and had to retake it! She's moving into her third year this year though.

But yeah she says she doesn't enjoy it very much at all, wishes she firmed Warwick instead :eek:
Not to put anyone off LSE, but just saying Tateco has a point. LSE students are worked real hard.

Thanks for sharing!

Who knew choosing universities would be such a difficult decision :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending