The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3780
Original post by atomos
ukcat tomorrow, panicking, waaaaah

Good luck!! I'm sure you'll be fine! :smile:
Original post by laurenl93
Their feedback letter was also oh so kind to tell me that im 'welcome to reapply' however my ukcat is unlikely to increase and therefore they 'cannot predict how highly the ukcat scores of next years applicants will increase in comparison to this years which made me not get the offer'

therefore, you're ukcat is **** so accept it.
i dunno. i like the idea tha i get to buy a big coat for snow in aberdeen :/ lmao!

... btw im not joking about this partying at lancaster or liverpool... lancaster is more likely as they only have like 5 interview days :O

I am sure you will also need a big coat for snow in St Andrews ;P hahaha did you take your UKCAT yet, I am sure you did :P maybe it was someone else....

You think I am joking? I would not even mind if you guys came to Spain for a visit! lol okay Lancaster it is :biggrin:
Original post by laurenl93
Their feedback letter was also oh so kind to tell me that im 'welcome to reapply' however my ukcat is unlikely to increase and therefore they 'cannot predict how highly the ukcat scores of next years applicants will increase in comparison to this years which made me not get the offer'

therefore, you're ukcat is **** so accept it.
i dunno. i like the idea tha i get to buy a big coat for snow in aberdeen :/ lmao!

... btw im not joking about this partying at lancaster or liverpool... lancaster is more likely as they only have like 5 interview days :O

... Come on... you know you want to apply to St. Andrews again :h:

Remember, you'll get more points for your academics this time because I think they're weighted higher than predictions and everything else will be better just because I say so! lol
Reply 3783
Have most people submitted their application yet?
Reply 3784
Original post by bertstare
its been 2 days since my friends left and im already bored out of my mind. cant believe its come to this lol

I know exactly how you feel. It feels so lonely not to have my friends around. They probably wont miss me a because they are having such a quality time at fresher's.
I havent prepared for my ukcat and also am still making no progress in the job hunt.
WHAT A WONDERFUL LIFE
Original post by Oggz
Have most people submitted their application yet?

No idea, but I know I haven't applied yet :P my deadlines friday so by then I will be done! (apart from ukcat on the saturday but still :P)
Original post by twelve
Dammit, I couldn't manage the 7 year old, but I've finished off a 4 year old? Do you think thats enough? :|

And also - I have a crazy chinese friend. He has a fanpage on facebook :ninja:

Ohh I don't know, you'd have to impress at interview.

And I was helping my Chinese friend tonight,
just got in actually, been at work since 8.15
then helped him out in the Chinese (for free) .
His cousins in hospital atm and does all the cooking etc,
So I ran the counter so that Chris could cook untill his cousins better.
There were a couple of other of his family members too,
Do you reckon I should mention it at interview? :P:P
It's right that I help a friend when he's in a sticky situation, but essentially that chineese tonight was being run by two 18 year olds (taking orders, cooking them etc etc)
His cousin/sister(no idea which) and his cousins other half were preparing the food also.
Some people are soo impatient when they want their chineese.

Original post by RO'Gara
Best leave Barts to the Irish then, we've had plenty of practise at that! :wink: I find a fine straw works best myself :cool:

I'm half irish half welsh :P.
I found that it worked best if you used a hollow javelin from 25 and a half paces.
Any more or less then you don't get rewarded with a rainbow ride and sweet sweet gold.

Original post by Madderroo
No need to be like that. It's not a self plug, I don't make any money out of this. I am bored and just wanted something to do.

Have fun being a troll :smile:

Original post by twelve
Yayy, well done on UKCAT :smile:

Haha, you say that in a sarcastic way, but how good would it feel if you actually had done everything haha.

I don't think he was serious hun :smile:

EDIT: Damn, just realised that sounded SOO patronising. I didn't mean to be :biggrin:

I was only messing :P
Seriously I completely agree with helping other medical applicants, puts everyone in the same boat.
I'm a friendly guy really :biggrin:D
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3787
Original post by joemullally
Ohh I don't know, you'd have to impress at interview.

And I was helping my Chinese friend tonight,
just got in actually, been at work since 8.15
then helped him out in the Chinese (for free) .
His cousins in hospital atm and does all the cooking etc,
So I ran the counter so that Chris could cook untill his cousins better.
There were a couple of other of his family members too,
Do you reckon I should mention it at interview? :P:P
It's right that I help a friend when he's in a sticky situation, but essentially that chineese tonight was being run by two 18 year olds (taking orders, cooking them etc etc)
His cousin/sister(no idea which) and his cousins other half were preparing the food also.
Some people are soo impatient when they want their chineese.

I'm half irish half welsh :P.
I found that it worked best if you used a hollow javelin from 25 and a half paces.
Any more or less then you don't get rewarded with a rainbow ride and sweet sweet gold.

Seriously I completely agree with helping other medical applicants, puts everyone in the same boat.

Frantically rushes out to practice with said javelin

Ah so you've got the best of both worlds then!

whispers
I've heard St George's are looking for candidates who can shoot one handed a scalpel of a dragons ear from 50 paces whilst stirring poitchin with the other :wink:

sounds like you'll be ideally suited :biggrin:

For those unlucky enough not to be Irish :tongue: Poitchin is a very strong very illegal homemade alcohol that we Irish would never ever dream of making/drinking :colone:
Original post by RO'Gara
Frantically rushes out to practice with said javelin

Ah so you've got the best of both worlds then!

whispers
I've heard St George's are looking for candidates who can shoot one handed a scalpel of a dragons ear from 50 paces whilst stirring poitchin with the other :wink:

sounds like you'll be ideally suited :biggrin:

For those unlucky enough not to be Irish :tongue: Poitchin is a very strong very illegal homemade alcohol that we Irish would never ever dream of making/drinking :colone:

Poitin is only illegal if you get caught drinking it.
It's like the irish version of vodka, potato based (as most irish things seem to be :P)

See i've never shot a gun, I can however shoot the wings off a fly from 50 paces with a BB gun, would that do?
I have to have at least one ear open though, otherwise I can't see.
Daymnn I can't apply St. Gorgeous
Reply 3789
Poitin is only illegal if you get caught drinking it.
It's like the irish version of vodka, potato based (as most irish things seem to be :P)

See i've never shot a gun, I can however shoot the wings off a fly from 50 paces with a BB gun, would that do?
I have to have at least one ear open though, otherwise I can't see.
Daymnn I can't apply St. Gorgeous

I'm kinda sure its making it too at least thats what it says in the old children's rhyme!

Well I'm sure if you spend at least 6,000 characters explaining that in your personal statement they might, might make an exception

Anyhow who said it had to be a gun? I was thinking more along the lines of syringes filled with sweetcorn which would enter more into the medical spirit of the task
Original post by RO'Gara
I'm kinda sure its making it too at least thats what it says in the old children's rhyme!

Well I'm sure if you spend at least 6,000 characters explaining that in your personal statement they might, might make an exception

Anyhow who said it had to be a gun? I was thinking more along the lines of syringes filled with sweetcorn which would enter more into the medical spirit of the task

I was taking the mic lol,

6000 char? brilliant.

This kinda reminds me of those threads that help us through the hard times by being purely satirical.

OH NO A SHAMELESS SELF PLUG!. :biggrin:
Original post by Shaz51
I know exactly how you feel. It feels so lonely not to have my friends around. They probably wont miss me a because they are having such a quality time at fresher's.
I havent prepared for my ukcat and also am still making no progress in the job hunt.
WHAT A WONDERFUL LIFE

I feel the same!
Reply 3792

6000 char? brilliant.

This kinda reminds me of those threads that help us through the hard times by being purely satirical.

:biggrin: whoops

:eek: Bath Medical School! Oxbridgers prostrate themselves in awe when confronted by the sheer mightiness of the Bath Meds, noble lauerates compose sonnets which barely capture the eloquence of their surgical skills and Jedward dream of emulating their hairstyles! :eek: But I'm still 1 short of a 9880765 UKCAT average sighs

On a less serious note that was the most amazing thread
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3793
Original post by RO'Gara
:biggrin: whoops

:eek: Bath Medical School! Oxbridgers prostrate themselves in awe when confronted by the sheer mightiness of the Bath Meds, noble lauerates compose sonnets which barely capture the eloquence of their surgical skills and Jedward dream of emulating their hairstyles! :eek: But I'm still 1 short of a 9880765 UKCAT average sighs

On a less serious note that was the most amazing thread

I don't know why it was closed :frown: It was just hilarious
Reply 3794
Original post by twelve
I don't know why it was closed :frown: It was just hilarious

I bet them oxbugers snuck in under cover of the dead of day, threw a bag over its eyebrow hence disabling it hence it closed, just out of pure jealousy. :angry:

On second thoughts maybe it is real and the thread was a matter of national security, those attending were of course learning the valuable skills needed to be Chancellor of the Exchequer in order to resucitate this country's debts.

The mods were probably afraid some poor fool would come along and take it seriously, shame I miss it (even though I'm only just discovering it :biggrin:)

I think I just need to say before I'm hunted down, slaughtered and quartered by those applying to/attending Oxbridge, I think you are the most loveliest of people :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

6000 char? brilliant.

Hahaha, witty. I still thought my parody of gap yah ideas post on this thread early on was witty, I'm tempted to repost for ultimate vanity if you guys havn't seen it...

BTW Actual problem, putting in my Highers qualifications, which I earned in 2004, and the drop down menu only goes down to 2005 for the years!?! Are my school grades now redundant, what should I do????
Ignore my query in my last post, I really am an idiot.
Hi,
I was wondering what kind of work would be seen as relevant?

I know that getting a job as a HCA would be a good choice, but I don't think I'd be able to handle doing a full time job as well as studying for admissions tests and volunteering on the weekend at a care home which I don't want to stop.

Any current HCAs - could you please tell me what the job is like? Is it manageable or do you feel a bit overwhelmed by it?

Also would volunteering be enough with a paid job in retail/ect or would the work have to be related to medicine?

I know this is all rather waffly, but it is 3am...I'm up doing ps :tongue:
Original post by acciodobby
Hi,
I was wondering what kind of work would be seen as relevant?

I know that getting a job as a HCA would be a good choice, but I don't think I'd be able to handle doing a full time job as well as studying for admissions tests and volunteering on the weekend at a care home which I don't want to stop.

Any current HCAs - could you please tell me what the job is like? Is it manageable or do you feel a bit overwhelmed by it?

Also would volunteering be enough with a paid job in retail/ect or would the work have to be related to medicine?

I know this is all rather waffly, but it is 3am...I'm up doing ps :tongue:

as long as you make it sound relevant then its relevant! say what you've learned from work, even if its not medically related

ahah i know tiss coool :smile: worry not :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending