The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This 4am nights out and 9am lectures will be the death of me. 3 Days in a row so far..... 7 more to go....
FPAS: Joke of a system
Original post by digitalis

They've been doing that one for a while now and still haven't managed to get it right? Not looking forward to being the 2nd cohort for the new system :frown:
at least you won't be the first! thinking of intercalating just to miss the mess-fest
lol there's probably not many better reasons to intercalate tbh
Hello from Chichester! Having an ace week, although is still introductory stuff (meeting firm heads, practicing examinations on each other etc), feel like clinical years are gonna be ace. Went to first medical grand rounds this afternoon, all way over my head.

The city is great, not too busy but very nice and with a very good bunch here, all went to the coast today for a wander.

Only problem is lack of internet in our rooms (RAGE!!), so am in the education centre to get some.
Leads are heavy :frown:
Reply 5687
Original post by digitalis

Indeed. Not looking forward to October, I must say.
Can somebody explain Confidence Intervals to me in a nice, simple way? :puppyeyes:
Original post by Lantana
Leads are heavy :frown:

Leads?
I automaticcaly thought of car jump leads - but im guessing thats not true!
Original post by Syncope
Indeed. Not looking forward to October, I must say.

Agreed! Im very very not looking forward to it!
Original post by fairy spangles
Leads?
I automaticcaly thought of car jump leads - but im guessing thats not true!

as in Pb :wink:
Original post by Lantana
as in Pb :wink:

In my oh crap i have one day to learn a whole rotation state - i dont get it. Im confuzzled!
In my oh crap i have one day to learn a whole rotation state - i dont get it. Im confuzzled!

:biggrin:
I'm commencing the year on surgical rotation. An 'upper and lower GI' ward is my initial ward.
On setting out to get drunk with the Freshers I never imagined one of them would piss me off that much.
Original post by RollerBall
On setting out to get drunk with the Freshers I never imagined one of them would piss me off that much.

It wasn't me was it? :puppyeyes:

Nah but if you want to pm me (the nosy git) what happened and plot evil revenge schemes etc? :colone:

As in the lead aprons you have to wear in cath lab, orthopaedic theatre etc. I hate them with a passion.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Can somebody explain Confidence Intervals to me in a nice, simple way? :puppyeyes:

Basically, for a given data reading, there is a lot of variance that could have interfered with the data. The confidence interval is a calculated range where you are 'confident' that, with a given probability (usually 95%), the true value lies.

The size of the interval varies with the usual causes of variance. Large sample sizes for instance, reduce variance and therefore reduce the confidence interval.

Generally speaking, if two data points have overlapping confidence intervals, you cannot say there is a significant difference between the two.
Saw our first patients this morning with some consultant teaching, as an aid to neuro examination and investigation. Very interesting stuff!

Latest

Trending

Trending