The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twelve
Didn't you post this link yesterday? :s-smilie:

my tsr is messing upp :frown:
Hi,

I have just met with my referee from my old college and he said that I should put a few sentences in my personal statement about the skills I learnt from my A-levels. I am really struggling for space in my personal statement as it is but I thought that the reference was meant to be about academic skills and achievements and the personal statement about you and your work experience.

I was just wondering if anyone else has put anything about their A-levels in their personal statement/if you think it would be a good thing to do??

Thank you!!! :smile:
Original post by michelle.dorringto
Hi,

I have just met with my referee from my old college and he said that I should put a few sentences in my personal statement about the skills I learnt from my A-levels. I am really struggling for space in my personal statement as it is but I thought that the reference was meant to be about academic skills and achievements and the personal statement about you and your work experience.

I was just wondering if anyone else has put anything about their A-levels in their personal statement/if you think it would be a good thing to do??

i literally have about 6 words relating to my advanced highers, personally i dont think they are the most important thing in my statement and if im over the character limit its gonna come out
Hi guys, I'm a Scottish re-applicant and was hoping you good guys could give me some advice! I have 6 highers at AAAAAA, but I didn't do advanced highers last year. I have a UKCAT of 662.5, and am spending a few months of my year out in a health clinic in Peru. Been looking for a healthcare related sort of job, but there's none in my very rural area!

Was going to apply to Dundee, Edinburgh and Aberdeen as they don't have any specific requirements for re-applicants (as far as I'm aware), but what about my fourth choice?

It better show our determination to the unis, seen as we're all bending our year to suit them!
Original post by atomos
as long as you make it sound relevant then its relevant! say what you've learned from work, even if its not medically related

yeah, I thought as much, it's just I think maybe having a job that's so directly linked with hospital work and patients might have a slight advantage that's all. :smile:
I appreciate the advice though.

Hows your app going?
Anyone finished choosing which schools they're going to apply to?:cool:
Reply 3805
I have got a cheque in the post for £100 :biggrin: and not even from a relative, turns out its from a group who 'feel it desirable that there should be some reward for outstanding work and results' :biggrin::biggrin: this has soo made my day!
Hey guys, are you going to apply through your old college or as an individual? :smile:
hey, i was wondering does any one have any ideas about earning money on a gap year until like april so that i can then spend the next months travelling before uni??
Reply 3808
Original post by 123username
hey, i was wondering does any one have any ideas about earning money on a gap year until like april so that i can then spend the next months travelling before uni??

I may well be getting a job at Tesco.

I know it's not the most relevant thing for medicine, but hey, has to be done :rolleyes:
Original post by -Taz-
I may well be getting a job at Tesco.

I know it's not the most relevant thing for medicine, but hey, has to be done :rolleyes:

I work in ASDA pharmacy, if you get work in tesco you'll be the highest paid supermarket employee out of all the big supermarkets :wink:
Random but, does anyone know where I can find the Edexcel June 2011 paper ? I just got my scripts back and I want to go over them...

Thanks ^^

Original post by dunnicare
Hey guys, are you going to apply through your old college or as an individual? :smile:

As an individual :smile:
Original post by michelle.dorringto
Hi,

I've put in a brief line about it, just to lead onto my Extended Project but that's it.

I've decided I hate how theres a 47 line limit as well as the 4,000 character limit (that's not even 4,000 characters :l) Got under the limit quite a bit, but now I'm one line over :frown: Back to trying to cut it down again :/
Original post by RO'Gara
:biggrin: whoops

:eek: Bath Medical School! Oxbridgers prostrate themselves in awe when confronted by the sheer mightiness of the Bath Meds, noble lauerates compose sonnets which barely capture the eloquence of their surgical skills and Jedward dream of emulating their hairstyles! :eek: But I'm still 1 short of a 9880765 UKCAT average sighs

On a less serious note that was the most amazing thread

Original post by twelve
I don't know why it was closed :frown: It was just hilarious

Barts didn't want them made common knowledge.

Spoiler

4,003 characters oioioi :sexface:
Original post by laurenl93
4,003 characters oioioi :sexface:

LEGEND.

remember though
4000 char on word
is like 4000 + the number of paragraphs you have on UCAS.

Hooray for formatting.
Original post by twelve
I have got a cheque in the post for £100 :biggrin: and not even from a relative, turns out its from a group who 'feel it desirable that there should be some reward for outstanding work and results' :biggrin::biggrin: this has soo made my day!

where's my cheque? :colone:
Oh, the C? Well that subject sucked dick
Original post by joemullally
LEGEND.

remember though
4000 char on word
is like 4000 + the number of paragraphs you have on UCAS.

Hooray for formatting.

UCAS :rant:

My one from last year was like 3970 characters. That's a whole 30 characters lost. could have wrote a whole extra skillword with that. Bastards.

Is your application all sent off now pal?
IM STILL DECIDING BETWEEN UEA AND LIVERPOOL. Both med schools seem to refuse to tell me either how many applications they get and how many interviews there are and UEA wont say how theyre using the gcse's and stuff. Pfft.
Original post by laurenl93
UCAS :rant:

My one from last year was like 3970 characters. That's a whole 30 characters lost. could have wrote a whole extra skillword with that. Bastards.

Is your application all sent off now pal?
IM STILL DECIDING BETWEEN UEA AND LIVERPOOL. Both med schools seem to refuse to tell me either how many applications they get and how many interviews there are and UEA wont say how theyre using the gcse's and stuff. Pfft.

Still waiting on my tutor to get it all shipped off.
Just my reference and the "ok" to my statement to go, I can taste the freshers!
(not literally, I mean like I don't go round licking freshers)

Box clever, go for the enemy you know. apply to the uni you know most about from the applications, remember you'd still qualify as Doc Brown either way.
Reply 3818
Do you think it would be wise to choose med school 4 by throwing a dart at a map of England?
Original post by Tinth
Do you think it would be wise to choose med school 4 by throwing a dart at a map of England?

Wiser than throwing it at a map of wales, if you miss cardiff you're screwed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending