The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A friend of mine got in to Oxford today :smile:

Though it makes me think I should probably start preparing my application...
Original post by thethinker

? they just started?
Original post by Brand New Eyes
? they just started?

No, just got an offer- an organ scholar so it's way earlier

But he hasnt been interviewed, taken any admissions tests (depending on subject) is he on gap year?
But he hasnt been interviewed, taken any admissions tests (depending on subject) is he on gap year?

No he did them a couple of days ago, and got the offer today. It's really very different for organ scholars :smile:
No he did them a couple of days ago, and got the offer today. It's really very different for organ scholars :smile:

why so early! well good for him. what course did he go for?
why so early! well good for him. what course did he go for?

Music :smile:
Music :smile:

Figures, :smile: what about you? and what college?

We have to wait 3 months to hear back, or earlier if its a pre-interview rejection :s
Figures, :smile: what about you? and what college?

We have to wait 3 months to hear back, or earlier if its a pre-interview rejection :s

English :smile: Not really sure about the college yet, but maybe Magdalen.

You?
Reply 6009
Original post by Ray of Light
Hopefully everything will be a go-go next week, with my reference written etc.

Is anyone here doing their LNAT after sending off your UCAS application?

I'm doing mine before. Although I don't think it really matter which way you do it.

When is your LNAT?

Wow! I'm jealous (firstly because I'd like to have an Oxford offer, but also because I'd quite like to be able to play the Organ :biggrin:)

Did he apply for Cambridge as well?
Reply 6011
I am not sure if Oxford uni will accept Btec qualification, as i had supreme grades though? does any1 know about it
Original post by fishtail

I am not sure if Oxford uni will accept Btec qualification, as i had supreme grades though? does any1 know about it
What course are you hoping to apply for?
Fuxk Oxford, I'm applying for Hogwarts!
lmao

:erm: Do you have any A levels as well?
Original post by Gummy'bear94
Fuxk Oxford, I'm applying for Hogwarts!
lmao

Thanks for your hilarious, astute and highly original contribution :yy:
Hi guys, been a while since my last post,

Supposed to send my UCAS form off today but my school said my qualification dates and date for EPQ results were wrong, and I apparently put "No" instead of "Yes" to recieving info by post.

Spent ages sorting it out and finally celebrated being able to send it all off.:rolleyes:

Got a message saying my qualifcation dates are all wrong, and it turns out I was right about everything all along, especially as the UCAS form actually said "I do NOT want to recieve information by post - YES/NO"...

I now have no idea what to do. I already paid/ sent earlier today. The school messed my details up (they made me change the qualifcation dates to 06/2011, even though I KNEW it was supposed to be August) :frown:

The school have sent me an email apologising, but I don't know what to do? If I change it, will any universities have already looked at it? </3 Will they be angry that it looks like I'm randomly changing qualification dates (it might look dodgy?)

So unhappy :frown:, particularly because the UCAS lady at our school shouted at me when I suggested she may be wrong (I had read the applicants info. the night before, and knew what date I should be putting) and I've spent so long changing stupid little details round on my form because the people at my school seem to not know what they're doing....

Today has been the most horrible day of my life, all of the disappointment and waiting, and hope and finally thinking I'd finished with all of this.....I thought I'd only feel this let down when I actually got a rejection or something..............I genuinely feel like giving up with UCAS right now.

I was really looking forward to posting in here later today when I'd sent everything off :'(
Reply 6017
Original post by medbh4805
:erm: Do you have any A levels as well?

No i don't, but i m from abroad and my qualification done in my home country is equivalent to AS level according to NARIC
Reply 6018
Original post by fluteflute
What course are you hoping to apply for?

For general computing
No i don't, but i m from abroad and my qualification done in my home country is equivalent to AS level according to NARIC

In that case it might be better to email the comp sci department directly and ask if your qualifications are suitable :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending