The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

I've been watching the first season of Community, and I was a little unsure what all the fuss was about. It's a very funny sitcom, and certainly better than a lot of stuff on TV at the minute, but given all of the hype I was expecting a little bit more.

That all changed about halfway through the run, when it suddenly hit it's groove and became one of the sharpest, funniest parodies about films around. Episode 21 (Contemporary American Poultry) is one of the smartest mobster skits I've ever seen. If you are interested in the show, I'd recommend starting with that episode so that you can see how good it gets.
Original post by lukejoshjedi

btw anyone else seen Apollo 18? Heard like barely anyone talking about it

Everybody that I've seen talk about it were of the general consensus that it was terrible.

Original post by Deshi
The Final cut. I actually didn't watch it in the end, I was like 15 minutes into the film and realised that I was more in the mood for an action film rather than something philosophical :colondollar:

I sighed at this. :pierre:
Breaking Bad is brilliant. I love how TV has stuff that is far, far superior than films. Of course, TV does benefit from having episodes and for every bloody amazing show, there's about 100 terrible ones. Seriously though, watch Breaking Bad, Bryan Cranston is awesome and deserves the three best actor Emmy's he's won for it. Coen brother fans will enjoy the show a lot, it's quite dark in its humour.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4343
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

I honestly find nothing more boring than a slow sci-fi film :colondollar:. 2001: A Space Odyssey and Solaris rank as the most boring films I've ever seen.
the film includes, amongst other things: robot aliens, angst-ridden teens, cleavage-wielding soul takers, dark overlords, cross-dressing retards, pregnant 14-year-old cougars, macho scientists and Santa Claus.

Greatest film summary ever?
Original post by Deshi
I honestly find nothing more boring than a slow sci-fi film :colondollar:. 2001: A Space Odyssey and Solaris rank as the most boring films I've ever seen.

Time to die.

:pierre:
Original post by Madjackismad
Time to die.

:pierre:

Soon... all these posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Just watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Very impressive film, brilliantly done.

Spoiler

Original post by Jace Falco
Just watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Very impressive film, brilliantly done.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by cadaeibfeceh

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Jace Falco

Spoiler

I think Tom Hardy is a really good find for filmmakers recently - I loved him in Inception then TTSSpy and then I saw him in Warrior tonight and he was really superb!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Everybody that I've seen talk about it were of the general consensus that it was terrible.

yeah maybe the anti-conspiracy theorist feeling among people these days drives home the general dislike of a film like this - and it just plain sucked

Phalanges - it's good that you're into community, really genuinely funny show imo

on a random note, I wonder what the Mortal instruments film will end up being like

As long as it is as distinct from the existing versions as De Palma's was from Hawks', I don't see the problem.
Hmm, Michael Moore is giving a speech in London and you can get tickets for £10. Tempting...
Original post by Phalanges
Hmm, Michael Moore is giving a speech in London and you can get tickets for £10. Tempting...

Your sigs broken.
Original post by cambo211

Original post by cambo211
Your sigs broken.

I was just changing it, you might have seen an early draft. :p: Does it look OK now?
Original post by Phalanges
I was just changing it, you might have seen an early draft. :p: Does it look OK now?

Aye. It just had field tags before.
Going to see Jurassic Park at the cinema on Sunday :excited:
Anyone going to watch Drive? Looks like it's going to be one of the films of the year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending