The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dizzeedollee
^
This, absolutely. Apart from AGMGTW perhaps; I wasn't underwhelmed by it, but it wasn't /that/ good in my opinion. But I do agree with whoever said that Doctor Who has become a bit too 'humany'; although I love the psychological/emotional/'deep' type episodes that have featured this series I so miss the adventure type episodes from the Russell T Davis era when it was all about visiting new planets, new worlds and chasing/being chased by weird and wonderful aliens. This series is very earth based it seems :frown:

I prefer Old Who especially 60's stuff where it wasnt rushed and all over in moments i.e the Doctor would argue with someone for a few minutes about a monster, monster would arrive, everyone runs and they hatch a plan to stop monster which doesnt feel deus ex machina.
Reply 6801
Completely off topic but I was watching a couple of older episodes today, including 'The Long Game' back in Series 1. In it, there was a news story saying that 'The Face of Bo has announced that it is pregnant'.

Could it be possible that there is a mini-Jack running around somewhere in the universe? Would be cool :smile:
Original post by JXamie
Completely off topic but I was watching a couple of older episodes today, including 'The Long Game' back in Series 1. In it, there was a news story saying that 'The Face of Bo has announced that it is pregnant'.

Could it be possible that there is a mini-Jack running around somewhere in the universe? Would be cool :smile:

This was all addressed in some canon: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Boekind
The Wedding of River Song sneek peek

Spoiler

Original post by sleekchic

Spoiler

Thoughts in bold
Original post by elitepower
Thoughts in bold

Re: black suit. The one she was kidnapped in. I assume we get to see what happened to her in those days she was missing/why she was actually kidnapped.
birduk has been offline for a week. So someone else will need to create the episode thread.
I've been MIA for a while - I'm now trying to avoid any information I don't already know as the last two episodes air.
Original post by BethSwift
I don't think so. They'll come back for the last few episodes I reckon, there's too much unresolved there. But yeah, in my opinion it's probably their last series, but that's just speculation on my part (there's probably people here who know for sure but spoilers scare me :P )

i heard that karen and matt have been given contracts for 2 more seasons, but not arthur, i think i saw it in a interview. saying that i wouldnt put it past moffet to have done that to throw people off.

the doctors room nmumber was 11

and im probably wrong but i'd have thought it was susan in his room surely any grandparents greatest fear would be there grandchild all alone in the future with a man who is going to die probably millennia before she does
Original post by kopite493
i heard that karen and matt have been given contracts for 2 more seasons, but not arthur, i think i saw it in a interview. saying that i wouldnt put it past moffet to have done that to throw people off.

the doctors room nmumber was 11

and im probably wrong but i'd have thought it was susan in his room surely any grandparents greatest fear would be there grandchild all alone in the future with a man who is going to die probably millennia before she does

After the whole Daleks thing, I don't trust a word Moffat says.
Episode thread here.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6811
I probably won't be here to do the thread next week. So someone do the finale for me please :h:
I cried :cry:
I thought it was fairly good, although there were a few annoying bits.

Spoiler

... See bold
(edited 12 years ago)
Prequel to The Wedding of River Song
Prequel to The Wedding of River Song

It needs to be next week already! :mad:
Is it just me who feels like next week could be a HUGE disappointment?
Original post by greeneyedgirl

It could be. I hope it isn't.

It's been set up to be amazing, so it'll be hard for it to actually live up to expectation. I'm already worried as it's only 45 minutes long - it needs an hour. :frown:
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Nope, I'm half expecting it to be :cry2:

Latest