The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by polka_dott
Hi, does anyone know if there is TV reception in Bill Mo? Is is worth someone taking a TV with freeview on it?

Every room has a socket where you can plug your TV in for freeview. I fully recommend bringing a TV, it was great socially and to just turn on and relax after lectures. This is the cable I bought to connect my TV into the wall socket - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002B0TY6S/ref=oss_product
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Phobia27
Every room has a socket where you can plug your TV in for freeview. I fully recommend bringing a TV, it was great socially and to just turn on and relax after lectures. This is the cable I bought to connect my TV into the wall socket - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002B0TY6S/ref=oss_product

So there is definately reception there? :biggrin:
Original post by polka_dott
So there is definately reception there? :biggrin:

Yes, I personally had no problem receiving all the freeview channels.
Are wired connection cables provided in billmo?
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Are wired connection cables provided in billmo?

Are we talking for the internet? AFAIK, they come as standard in all halls.
I'm staying in Bill Mo and was wondering if I need to take an iron and an ironing board?
I noticed that it wasn't mentioned on the Bill Mo 'What to Bring' list so I presume I don't.
Original post by CaptainGeek
I'm staying in Bill Mo and was wondering if I need to take an iron and an ironing board?
I noticed that it wasn't mentioned on the Bill Mo 'What to Bring' list so I presume I don't.

i think it has been said before that it's provided for us :smile:
Original post by mwhelan
hi, does anyone know whether it's worth bringing an iron with you (first year, Royce accommodation)?

Bring an iron, they're not provided in Royce :smile: (or at least, they weren't in our flat)
How much room is there for clothes in Bill Mo? I'm packing atm and I've got so much stuff!
Does anybody else have like...loads of stuff? I've got so much stuff!
Reply 1010
Original post by strawberryfields93
Does anybody else have like...loads of stuff? I've got so much stuff!

Same. I doubt I'll need it all though.
So I have just started packing, i am moving in on tuesday. Just wondering how everyone is bringing their belongings, in suitcases, boxes or bin bags etc.
I have found i have more electrical things than anything else i am bringing.
I've bringing suitcases and bags, like a holdall, some 'bags for life' and a couple of suitcases.
Reply 1013
Original post by strawberryfields93
I've bringing suitcases and bags, like a holdall, some 'bags for life' and a couple of suitcases.

Same and some boxes.
What are the jet like noises over William Morris all the time? Whenever I look up I cant see any jets and it doesnt sound like a passenger aircraft its way too loud and seems to last for ages too.
What are the jet like noises over William Morris all the time? Whenever I look up I cant see any jets and it doesnt sound like a passenger aircraft its way too loud and seems to last for ages too.

Jets? :dontknow: Can't say I've ever really noticed them but we're not all that far from East Midlands Airport.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Jets? :dontknow: Can't say I've ever really noticed them but we're not all that far from East Midlands Airport.

Sounds more military if anything.
Reply 1017
Sounds more military if anything.

Indeed.
hey i am applying for an art foundation at loughborough and just wondered if anyone had anything to say about it? the main thing though is that i cant decide between telford halls and butler court... which one is bettter? and which one is better for social life?
also havent heard anything about butlers bathrooms for the single bedrooms... what are they like? and are the shared showers and bathrooms ok in telford?
thanksss
Original post by charlie.m24
hey i am applying for an art foundation at loughborough and just wondered if anyone had anything to say about it? the main thing though is that i cant decide between telford halls and butler court... which one is bettter? and which one is better for social life?
also havent heard anything about butlers bathrooms for the single bedrooms... what are they like? and are the shared showers and bathrooms ok in telford?
thanksss

I was in Butler last year which is about 30 seconds across the road from the School of Art where you'll be most of the time. The committee's I've seen have all been really good with organising stuff in Fresher's week and making sure there's plenty to do (IMS teams, RAG fundraising, Christmas/Summer balls and even just trips out). The en-suites in Butler are a decent size, it's a pretty standard standing shower, toilet and sink.

Latest