The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7340
Original post by apple17
i am excited. next wed when i submit my app: i will be scared. Its kinda terrifying how this affects my future and stuff, also my parents have worked so hard for me and this, so I will feel guilty if i don't even get one interview.
btw, if u only apply to ukcat unis so no bham, brsitol, liverpool: they can't do anything till November right because they get ukcat scores in November i think?

correct.The scores came out around the 5th November last year.
Reply 7341
Original post by oldbatty
correct.The scores came out around the 5th November last year.

Oh. Thank you
Also, how do i put my ukcat id on the ucas apply app.
Reply 7342
Original post by apple17
Oh. Thank you

Just completed mine last night, don't remember anywhere to put UKCAT ID number :confused:
Original post by Straight up G
This is exaggeration, there ARE medical schools who prefer this (Oxford, Cambridge, Barts, more I'm sure), and surely some who may consider it as a tiebreaker between two candidates.

However, on the whole, yeah, there's no point taking 4, no point at all.

Okay, yes, an exaggeration it is. But in the grand scheme of things, only a minute number of applicants (compared to the applicant population) will be caught in a tie-breaker situation - and when they are, it won't just be the extra subject that wings it for them (if indeed it does at all), but rather their application as a whole. So it is not the sole determinant in people winning a place even in tie breaker situations - but I'm it does definitely work in their favour by taking an extra subject in that case - but other applicants can still win over such candidates without taking 4+ A2s.

And in many cases (this is coming from somebody raising the question at the open day), Oxford does not weight any credit for people taking extra A2 subjects. That is the medical school's stance, anyway - individual colleges might apply a different game once interviews kick in.
Reply 7344
Original post by apple17
Hey
same. I sorta like disappeared with IB stress and workload. One month in year 2, and I have 3 quizzes in a week, 2 assignments, 2 labs and a test. insane xD
It went well:702.5 avg, I was aiming higher cuz I prepared more but whats done, is done. How about u and UCAS process. Where u applying?

I'm applying to UEA, Southampton, Leeds and two biomedical universities which give you the opportunity to transfer after the first or second year as back up they will probably be two from (Bradford, St George, Newcastle, Keele or Leicester).
My PS is pretty close to completion now as well as the other UCAS stuff, the deadline for medicine, dentistry and Oxbridge candidates is next week so I need to finish everything by then. Then it is the waiting...:yikes:
Is the official 'preparing for the BMAT' prep book better than ISC 400 BMAT questions book because i used the 600 questions book by ISC medical and i thought it was fab but i've read elsewhere that the official guide better
Reply 7346
Original post by apple17
Oh. Thank you

ukcat automatically send your score to your chosen universities so you dont have to declare you ukcat score on your ucas form
Original post by Nightmare
What's the cut off point for Newcastle for the UKCAT?

last year was 675 revised down to 667.5.
Original post by Sophia56
where are you applying to?

Keele, Mancs, Nottingham and Soton.
Original post by MrsNorthman
Just sent off my UCAS form... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I dont dare press send!!!!
hey

I am thinking of applying to nottingham

UKCAT: 650 (range from 630-720)
GCSEs: 6A* 5A
AS: AAAB ( B in chemistry :s-smilie:)
PREDICTIONS: A*AA

Do u think that i stand a chance? I have been told that my personal statement is good and i have a lot of work experience but i had that nottingham is very competitive??
15 medics in my year, we started off at 35 last year, its sad, i was off the 'list' at one point.
Original post by SamHey789
I dont dare press send!!!!

Hahhha do it! Then its done... out of our hands :/
Personal statement DONE!!!

Not pressing send yet... Need to go through everything with my college UCAS officer person to sort out some of my more 'obscure' qualifications...

Nearly done!!!

BAHHHHHHHHH *does several erratic star jumps*
Original post by Loulibelle
Personal statement DONE!!!

Not pressing send yet... Need to go through everything with my college UCAS officer person to sort out some of my more 'obscure' qualifications...

Nearly done!!!

BAHHHHHHHHH *does several erratic star jumps*

Whoop! :biggrin:

I'm in the same position. Just have a meeting with my senior tutor to finalise everything on Monday. :zomg:
hi,

im looking to apply to medicine for 2012 entry:

i got 1A* 6As 3Bs in my GCSES ( AA in dual Science, B in maths and BB in English Lit and Lang)

I got 4bs at as level, im doing chemistry, biology, history and business (which ive dropped)

ive got 3 as prediction

i got 652.5 average in my ukcat

Im thinking of applying to keele, leicester and Queens Mary.

I am unsure about my fourth choice? also i would like any recommendations on other universities where i should rather apply to :smile:

Original post by sortedguy
hi,

im looking to apply to medicine for 2012 entry:

i got 1A* 6As 3Bs in my GCSES ( AA in dual Science, B in maths and BB in English Lit and Lang)

I got 4bs at as level, im doing chemistry, biology, history and business (which ive dropped)

ive got 3As A2 prediction

i got 652.5 average in my ukcat

Im thinking of applying to keele, leicester and Queens Mary.

I am unsure about my fourth choice? also i would like any recommendations on other universities where i should rather apply to :smile:

ive got 3As A2 prediction
My UCAS track login details arrived today... let's get this ball rollin'!
Reply 7358
Does anyone know much about Southampton's admission policy?
Reply 7359
Original post by SamHey789
Keele, Mancs, Nottingham and Soton.

Hey, I applied to 3 of those! If ya need any advice let me know :-) I'm at Manchester now and I got 3 offers (withdrew from Keele as their admissions process was irritating me and I had 3 offers)

Latest

Trending

Trending