The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco

Original post by Tateco
Fancy taking a quick look at mine? I'll PM you the link and put my most recent one on there if you get a sec :tongue:

Will be doing a couple tomorrow :h: Will take a look
Reply 3261
Original post by Tateco
Same :colone:

Well, when I say send off, I mean complete the UCAS from and pay, but my school will still take a week or so to complete the reference, so it won't actually be properly sent until the first week of October
Reply 3262
Original post by -Illmatic-
Tateco get in the queue :rant:

jk, jk

:tongue:

I've helped enough people in my time to deserve a bit of advice myself :colone:

Original post by StarChamber
Will be doing a couple tomorrow :h: Will take a look

Thanks :biggrin: Obviously other people's that need a first review take priority but if you can have a quick skim it would be great...

Original post by somaiyar
Well, when I say send off, I mean complete the UCAS from and pay, but my school will still take a week or so to complete the reference, so it won't actually be properly sent until the first week of October

My UCAS form is done, will probably send it off early next week!
Original post by Tateco
Same :colone:

Original post by somaiyar
Nearly, I'm sending mine off some time next week, as our internal school deadline is the 30th

So it must be only our school that had a deadline last week :frown: A leniant one though as I'm sending it today, but still...
Reply 3264
Original post by crazy1234
So it must be only our school that had a deadline last week :frown: A leniant one though as I'm sending it today, but still...

Why don't you want to send it?

I'm not holding off sending mine off, I just haven't got round to it!
Original post by Tateco

Na I am sending it, just wanted to perfect it, by getting more teachers to check through it. Even now I don't feel entirely happy with it, but I think/hope its good enough, just.
Original post by Tateco

Also trying to pick a Durham college is so much effort, and taking some time :smile:
What college is the most prestigious in Durham? Anyone applying there? Have no idea what college to put down.

Put down University College for now because it looks like a Cambridge college
Original post by WalkerPrince
What college is the most prestigious in Durham? Anyone applying there? Have no idea what college to put down.

Put down University College for now because it looks like a Cambridge college

Having that problem right now, trying to pick one tonight aswell, to send off the UCAS form tonight :smile:
Bloody hell, I haven't even started my PS :s-smilie:
Reply 3270
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Bloody hell, I haven't even started my PS :s-smilie:

If you're not applying to Cambridge, I wouldn't worry too much. If you are then :s-smilie:
Original post by zxh800
If you're not applying to Cambridge, I wouldn't worry too much. If you are then :s-smilie:

or Oxford....

:wink:
Original post by zxh800

Yeah I am applying to Cambridge- I'm probs gonna start this weekend :colonhash:
Reply 3273
or Oxford....

:wink:

Oh of course, I sometimes forget that place exists lol.
Original post by zxh800
Oh of course, I sometimes forget that place exists lol.

:rofl:

seems to be a lot of hostility towards Ox in this thread :K:

:rofl:

seems to be a lot of hostility towards Ox in this thread :K:

They don't do a proper straight Economics course what do you expect!
Reply 3276
Original post by crazy1234
Na I am sending it, just wanted to perfect it, by getting more teachers to check through it. Even now I don't feel entirely happy with it, but I think/hope its good enough, just.

I hear you, one teacher says my personal statement's fine and the other says I need to put more about myself in! The only problem with give your personal statement to multiple teachers :tongue:
Original post by jeparlefrançais
Hey guys I need a wee bit of advice on where to apply for economics this year.

First off, my AS didnt go brilliantly :|

I got BBBD in Economics, French, Maths and Chem

Both Economics and French are pending remarks so fingers crossed they go up! (1 UMS and 2 UMS off the next grade respectively)

I've also managed to presuade my college maths teacher to teach me AS and A2 Further Mathematics and I'm coping really well with it at the moment!

I've dropped Chemistry and I'm getting predicted grades of A*AAB/A*AAA/AAAA in Maths, FM, Economics and French

Most likely AAAA

I'm planning on making an exceptional statement and i'm looking at places such as Bristol (study in Europe) and Nottingham (with French)

What are my chances...

:s-smilie:

Amy

This is an example of how corrupt predicted grades are.

Seriously, how can a school be allowed to do this???
Original post by Confused101
This is an example of how corrupt predicted grades are.

Seriously, how can a school be allowed to do this???

well the unis are gonna see her AS grades, but I was thinking the exact same thing!
Original post by Hemzo
I hear you, one teacher says my personal statement's fine and the other says I need to put more about myself in! The only problem with give your personal statement to multiple teachers :tongue:

Yeah one of my teachers said it reads well, the other says it has to be more concise with less rambling :smile: Ah well I took the leap and have sent it in now anyway, so I'm just going to forgot about it till November time :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending