The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kingbradley6
How does that even work out? 4,000 characters is around 46/47/48 lines? But 4 lines? Take out spaces between paragraphs?

i don't even know :confused: if it comes to that i will, but it looks better spaced out
Original post by laurenl93
when do youhear back from the nursery?
And yes, I'm hoping to get it down to under 4000 and within the 47 lines today :crossedf:

"In due time" apparently :l

But I don't think it's looking good atm as my mum works there, and my little sister is in the nursery and I've been in and out so many times this week, seen both the managers and nothing has been said :frown: Still got my fingers crossed though cause i really need to get something there... it's already in my personal statement lol But if worst comes to worst, I'll just volunteer there so my personal statement should be ok but still... i need money!

And... jklashjgkhjasioe ... UKCAT tomorrow :O Not looking good, in any practice tests and questions I have always done badly in QR, the best I've been getting is roughly 550 which completely sucks cause last year I got 690 D:

Right off to do some final prep before doomsday :h:
Original post by Quackers93

But I don't think it's looking good atm as my mum works there, and my little sister is in the nursery and I've been in and out so many times this week, seen both the managers and nothing has been said :frown: Still got my fingers crossed though cause i really need to get something there... it's already in my personal statement lol But if worst comes to worst, I'll just volunteer there so my personal statement should be ok but still... i need money!

And... jklashjgkhjasioe ... UKCAT tomorrow :O Not looking good, in any practice tests and questions I have always done badly in QR, the best I've been getting is roughly 550 which completely sucks cause last year I got 690 D:

good luck for it! maybe we shall be ukcat twins once more :wink:
1! ONE! One ****ing mark off a B at AS!!! OMGOMGOMG!!! I'm soo pissed off! That rules out about half the possible unis...
There go all these mint possibilities: Liverpool, Lanc, HYMS, Barts, St Georges, Keele, oh maybe not that one! JOKES, jokes... :colone:

But still, I'm am ejaculatingly spunkbubbled off, err, I mean pissed... pissed off...
Reply 3844
What I'm doing in my gap year is a line long :K:

Really?
Well thats not so bad then :smile:

but then again your average sentence is around 100 characters. Is it bad that I know this? :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3845

I know how you feel! I've applied to work in a nursing home but they won't get back to me until late next week which is crap in terms of my personal statement

Good luck for your UKCAT and don't worry in my last test before the real thing I scored 300 in QR which then magically improved to 780 so you'll be fine :biggrin:
Original post by atomos
good luck for it! maybe we shall be ukcat twins once more :wink:

Thanking you :h: How did you do again? (or have you not done it yet? knowing peoples names aswell as usernames is really starting to confuse me lol)

Original post by RO'Gara
I know how you feel! I've applied to work in a nursing home but they won't get back to me until late next week which is crap in terms of my personal statement

Good luck for your UKCAT and don't worry in my last test before the real thing I scored 300 in QR which then magically improved to 780 so you'll be fine :biggrin:

If that happens I think I'd cry :') and thanks :h: I've decided having finally gotten a QR practice above 600, I may just give it up for now... having said that all the rest went down but hey, I'm not in the think positive mode :smile:
Thanking you :h: How did you do again? (or have you not done it yet? knowing peoples names aswell as usernames is really starting to confuse me lol)

667.5, so could have been worse!
Reply 3848

I'm really tempted to apply to Newcastle now. I don't really understand why my boyfriend said that its not a nice area :s-smilie: (that'll teach me to just take his word for things :P)

So yeah, next week, I might be visiting your hometown :wink:
Reply 3849
Original post by Limesasquatch
1! ONE! One ****ing mark off a B at AS!!! OMGOMGOMG!!! I'm soo pissed off! That rules out about half the possible unis...
There go all these mint possibilities: Liverpool, Lanc, HYMS, Barts, St Georges, Keele, oh maybe not that one! JOKES, jokes... :colone:

But still, I'm am ejaculatingly spunkbubbled off, err, I mean pissed... pissed off...

I'm the same!
Reply 3850
Does anyone know that if it is mandatory to enter all your qualifications in the ucas? I have an E in the EPQ and I do not want to mention it in my application!
BECAUSE "E" WILL RUIN MY APPLICATION :frown:
Original post by twelve
I'm really tempted to apply to Newcastle now. I don't really understand why my boyfriend said that its not a nice area :s-smilie: (that'll teach me to just take his word for things :P)

So yeah, next week, I might be visiting your hometown :wink:

I have friends in first and fourth year and one who's doing GP training who qualified there so can help you with stuff about the course etc for interview.

Really? Ah that's brilliant! I'd definitely be willing to show you round and stuff or atleast tell you where to go and look around (especially the proper student places), I live 10 minutes from the University and 5 minutes from Henderson halls and about 8 minutes from all the other halls so I know quite a lot :P

The med school's loooovely and it's right in the middle of loads of lovely trees and stuff in the city centre and has a lovely path you have to walk down to get to it from the city centre, it's right next to the business school.

Silly boyfriend not appreciating my lovely home town :h: Out of interest what did he not like?
Original post by Shaz51
Does anyone know that if it is mandatory to enter all your qualifications in the ucas? I have an E in the EPQ and I do not want to mention it in my application!
BECAUSE "E" WILL RUIN MY APPLICATION :frown:

Yes it's compulsory, if you read all the medicine unis application criteria to withold any qualifications you have can cause your application to be completely rejected, it's just so that people cant hide that they failed loads of stuff :smile:

HOW WAS YOUR UKCAT?!
God what a crappy nursery to not hire the lovely kirstie immediately! Yeah i know what you mean about fretting about hearing from them so that you can make sure it doesn't sound like you're lying on your UCAS form :P
Original post by RO'Gara
Really?
Well thats not so bad then :smile:

but then again your average sentence is around 100 characters. Is it bad that I know this? :colondollar:

I'm just hoping they ask me more about my gap year at interview or email me for more information :h:
I didn't see my gap year as being all that important as skills i hope to gain < skills ive alreqady gained from other work experience
Reply 3854
I have friends in first and fourth year and one who's doing GP training who qualified there so can help you with stuff about the course etc for interview.

Really? Ah that's brilliant! I'd definitely be willing to show you round and stuff or atleast tell you where to go and look around (especially the proper student places), I live 10 minutes from the University and 5 minutes from Henderson halls and about 8 minutes from all the other halls so I know quite a lot :P

The med school's loooovely and it's right in the middle of loads of lovely trees and stuff in the city centre and has a lovely path you have to walk down to get to it from the city centre, it's right next to the business school.

Silly boyfriend not appreciating my lovely home town :h: Out of interest what did he not like?

Ahh thats great thankyou :biggrin: Well, I just need to see if I can persuade my parents to buy me train tickets there and back haha - either that or a travelodge so I don't have to drive 8 hours in a day :| Aww it does all sound really nice. I don't know what he didn't like - he just said that he didn't like it, and he didn't think I would. I just went with it, cause I thought 'well, he knows me ridiculously well, so he's probably right...' foolish mee.

So yeah, I want to visit, just cause I've never been anywhere that far north - I want to actually see it. And since I have practicaly nothing else to do at the moment, might as well go visit! :biggrin:
My personal statement is 13 characters too much and 5 lines too long.
I can easily get rid of 13 characcters, but 5 lines is a bit of a challenge...
should i just get rid of spaces between paragraphs? it cant matter that much can it? :frown:
Has everyone picked their fifth choice by the way? If so, what did you choose?
I kinda haven't thought about it yet...
Original post by atomos

chemical engineering
Reply 3858
Original post by atomos

Maths
Original post by Tinth
Maths

sending a separate statement?>
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending