The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jampolo
RIGHT. so who will i see at Warwick tomorrow? :biggrin:

I'll be there - Metallica shirt, long hair, tired from my 5:45 AM wakeup call :frown:
Yo guys, quick question, I'm also self teaching FP4 and M3, can I declare there on UCAS, since they're only modules and not an actual qualification, I'll be sitting the actual exams.
Original post by Xero Xenith
I'll be there - Metallica shirt, long hair, tired from my 5:45 AM wakeup call :frown:

What are you taking? :smile: I'm just taking the confimation of sessions and printed off the page where it says 'Book and Open Day ,Confirmed Bookings'. Do we get the maps and stuff there?
Reply 1563
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Yo guys, quick question, I'm also self teaching FP4 and M3, can I declare there on , since they're only modules and not an actual qualification, I'll be sitting the actual exams.

not entirely sure... you should ask this in the 'declaring grades on ucas applications' thread.

But if it turns out that you cannot declare the individual modules (which I highly doubt), it is definitely worth getting your referee to mention it.

short black hair, mixed race with a big black dude called 'my dad' hahaha. black ralph lauren top with red pony, and tigers on the back of my jeans (although seems kinda gay if you were intentionally looking) :tongue:
ME! Brown skin, Short Spiky Hair, glasses! I'll be with my friend who is Somalian, I'll be wearing grey joggers and a black jacket and top. YOU CAN'T MISS ME NOW! ;D

short black hair, mixed race with a big black dude called 'my dad' hahaha. black ralph lauren top with red pony, and tigers on the back of my jeans (although seems kinda gay if you were intentionally looking)

might see me tribal skanking occasionally.
What are you taking? :smile: I'm just taking the confimation of sessions and printed off the page where it says 'Book and Open Day ,Confirmed Bookings'. Do we get the maps and stuff there?

Yep, well normally. There's basically always free maps and goodie bags. I'm taking the essentials (phone, wallet, etc) plus a notepad, pen or two, and a bag to put free stuff in :smile:

Ever since Cambridge I've felt open days are wasted if I don't get any notes from talks - I have a terrible memory for important things like this :frown:

Original post by Jampolo
short black hair, mixed race with a big black dude called 'my dad' hahaha. black ralph lauren top with red pony, and tigers on the back of my jeans (although seems kinda gay if you were intentionally looking) :tongue:

Red pony on your top, tigers on the jeans? Sounds pretty easy to spot :tongue: Hope there's not too much walking - I'm lazy and I need to get the train there through London! :s-smilie:
Reply 1567
12:15 warwick talk tomo guys? cant wait =D
Yep, well normally. There's basically always free maps and goodie bags. I'm taking the essentials (phone, wallet, etc) plus a notepad, pen or two, and a bag to put free stuff in :smile:

Ever since Cambridge I've felt open days are wasted if I don't get any notes from talks - I have a terrible memory for important things like this :frown:

Red pony on your top, tigers on the jeans? Sounds pretty easy to spot :tongue: Hope there's not too much walking - I'm lazy and I need to get the train there through London! :s-smilie:

me too! Going from Marylebone, you?
Original post by Jampolo
me too! Going from Marylebone, you?

I'm in Kent, but within the M25. Going through Euston to Coventry, then some weird bus to campus :s-smilie: no idea how that's gonna play out! If I miss a single train or the bus takes more than 45 minutes or so, I'm gonna miss my first talk.

I can feel the fail coming :tongue: when are you getting there for?
ME! Brown skin, Short Spiky Hair, glasses! I'll be with my friend who is Somalian, I'll be wearing grey joggers and a black jacket and top. YOU CAN'T MISS ME NOW! ;D

Great Description! :tongue:
Reply 1571
I'm doing A2s at the moment, but I'm taking a gap year, so I'll be applying next year.

At the moment, I'll be applying to Oxford, Nottingham and Warwick.

My subjects are:

Full A Levels: Maths[A](A*), English Language[A](A*), Biology[-](A), Chemistry(A)

Just AS: Further Maths(B), Computing.

[...] = grade acheived, thus far
(...) = predicted grade

During my gap-year, I'll do further maths A2.
I'm in Kent, but within the M25. Going through Euston to Coventry, then some weird bus to campus :s-smilie: no idea how that's gonna play out! If I miss a single train or the bus takes more than 45 minutes or so, I'm gonna miss my first talk.

I can feel the fail coming :tongue: when are you getting there for?

Marylebone to Leamington Spa, then the U1 to Warwick Campus, gotta find the bus station, that will be a challenge :tongue:
I'll be at Warwick! Look for the whitest skinniest kid you've ever seen and that will be me.
Got my predictions today, how important are they?
Original post by ben-smith
I'll be at Warwick! Look for the whitest skinniest kid you've ever seen and that will be me.
Got my predictions today, how important are they?

Meh, for Warwick, AAB and you're good. For Cambridge pretty important. But you know it all comes down to the interview. Which your guaranteed I'd say, you seem really smart.
Meh, for Warwick, AAB and you're good. For Cambridge pretty important. But you know it all comes down to the interview. Which your guaranteed I'd say, you seem really smart.

AAB for Warwick? seems a bit low...
I got 4A*s (M, FM, Phys and Spanish) and an A (chem). You at warwick tomorrow?
Original post by ben-smith
AAB for Warwick? seems a bit low...
I got 4A*s (M, FM, Phys and Spanish) and an A (chem). You at warwick tomorrow?

That's more than enough, don't sweat, you'll get the offer. And the AAB is actually their official policy. Yepp I'll be there! My description is above, come talk to me if you recognize me, don't just recognize and walk away! It'll be cool to meet maths applicants like me. There are hardly any at my college. :frown:
Yeah I'll be there too, we could have a proper TSR meet, and everyone sit in like the bottom left corner or something? :wink:

For Cambridge, UMS are more important than predicted grades.
B
Original post by Jampolo
Marylebone to Leamington Spa, then the U1 to Warwick Campus, gotta find the bus station, that will be a challenge :tongue:

Oh my days, Warwick is SO SICK! Best maths building I've been to by a mile! Was good seeing you today as well. :p: If you weren't with your dad we could have jammed! How did you find it? I ain't gonna go for MORSE, I was thinking about it, but I think I'm just going to opt for solid insurance choices now the AAB thing was confirmed lol. THE BUILDING IS SO NICE!

Latest