The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Is it just me who feels like next week could be a HUGE disappointment?

Oo err, it depends... The Doctor has been a bit feeble and helpless of late, with the occasional flair of his true colours ('As usual, you have a choice. You deactivate yourselves, or I deactivate you')... But essentially relying on others to bail him out of the problem...

So what would be ideal for next week's episode? Well besides the obvious requirement that he doesn't just escape death too quickly, it seems perhaps from the preview that, in contrast to the end of Smith's first season, many of his allies may be coming for him as opposed to all of his enemies... After which we ideally need The Doctor (because we know he obviously doesn't die permanently :tongue:) to emerge victorious in a triumphant display of his genius and demonstration of the dangers of crossing him, as opposed to flailing around helplessly...

Of course I'm anticipating he's just going to sit around and somehow be saved entirely by his chums, who seem to inevitably do all the work at the moment... Just my take on it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Time to watch Closing Time. Been out and to get the poll up on episode thread popped into my uni library on the way home, otherwise you get shot down with people saying 'where's the poll'.

Couldn't resist watching the sneak peek of next week's episode first however.
Original post by Joseppea
It could be. I hope it isn't.

It's been set up to be amazing, so it'll be hard for it to actually live up to expectation. I'm already worried as it's only 45 minutes long - it needs an hour. :frown:

Original post by Pandora.
Nope, I'm half expecting it to be :cry2:

Original post by Friar Chris
Oo err, it depends... The Doctor has been a bit feeble and helpless of late, with the occasional flair of his true colours ('As usual, you have a choice. You deactivate yourselves, or I deactivate you')... But essentially relying on others to bail him out of the problem...

So what would be ideal for next week's episode? Well besides the obvious requirement that he doesn't just escape death too quickly, it seems perhaps from the preview that, in contrast to the end of Smith's first season, many of his allies may be coming for him as opposed to all of his enemies... After which we ideally need The Doctor (because we know he obviously doesn't die permanently :tongue:) to emerge victorious in a triumphant display of his genius and demonstration of the dangers of crossing him, as opposed to flailing around helplessly...

Of course I'm anticipating he's just going to sit around and somehow be saved entirely by his chums, who seem to inevitably do all the work at the moment... Just my take on it.

I just kinda think that it can't be resolved in a satisfactory way in one episode and it's just gonna end up being a huge disappointment.
This has probably already been realised by people months ago but I think I've figured out the significance of the eyepatches.

Spoiler

Apologies if I'm months late and have just wasted everyone's time but it suddenly seemed really obvious to me.
Original post by Man-in-the-Moon
This has probably already been realised by people months ago but I think I've figured out the significance of the eyepatches.

Spoiler

Apologies if I'm months late and have just wasted everyone's time but it suddenly seemed really obvious to me.

Indeed, I and many others here agree with you. It's possible that

Spoiler

Original post by snowyowl
Indeed, I and many others here agree with you. It's possible that

Spoiler

But doesn't an image of a silence, eventually, fade away like Amy's video?
Original post by spacepirate-James

I can't entirely remember tbh :o: but assuming that's true, then

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by LastLordofTime

Spoiler

The CCTV! (as used in the prequel.) :wink:

Meh, in this series the rules are out of the window...as in The God Complex, where the image of an angel wasn't an angel. :angry:
i have a thoery about why the tardis explodes

i future version of the doctor needs help

so who does he send for himself

so to get his own attention he blows up the tardis resulting in the cracks in the bedroom of a little girl with red her whos crying everything the doctor would not be able to ignore

Spoiler

I think the last series has been brilliant.:biggrin:
Original post by Joseppea
Meh, in this series the rules are out of the window...as in The God Complex, where the image of an angel wasn't an angel. :angry:

It wasn't an actual image though, it was a meta-physical hallucination of an angel. Whereas everything else is a physical copy of an angel. If you want these manifestations of fear become real angels, then the memory of them would also create an angel - by that logic.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
It wasn't an actual image though, it was a meta-physical hallucination of an angel. Whereas everything else is a physical copy of an angel. If you want these manifestations of fear become real angels, then the memory of them would also create an angel - by that logic.

Touché. :tongue:
I have to agree, i just don't think 45 minutes is long enough to fit a satisfactory ending into :frown: I do think that there will be quite a few O: and very epic moments but some moments, the ending particularly, I fear will be not so up to scratch :frown:

But I hope that the next episode will answer the following questions because there are a few questions that need (well, that I at least want :P) answering :P

1) How/why did the Silence/Kovarian put little River in the spacesuit in the first place?
2) Why an astronaut? Is there a particular reason why is has to be an astronaut? Perhaps it's because the Silence/Kovarian put little Melody (as we saw in TIA) into a spacesuit to 'change' her for a human life/brain wash her and they want to continue to image of the impossible astronaut?
3) What is the question?
4) Who/what is that black blob/person hiding behind the shed at Lake Silencio?
5) Who/what exactly are the Silence? Are they the Silent species we have seen since the beginning or a collection or species? etc
6) So if the Doctor doesn't die....why is River still in prison? O:
7) What's going to happen to Rory :frown:
Original post by dizzeedollee
I have to agree, i just don't think 45 minutes is long enough to fit a satisfactory ending into :frown: I do think that there will be quite a few O: and very epic moments but some moments, the ending particularly, I fear will be not so up to scratch :frown:

5) Who/what exactly are the Silence? Are they the Silent species we have seen since the beginning or a collection or species? etc

It's a religious movement or something along those lines, they mentioned it in an earlier episode IIRC. :smile:

As for what the bulbous-headed alien things actually are, is anyone's guess. :s-smilie:
I have an as-yet-unasked question :biggrin::

Amy appears on the advert for that Petrichor perfume (cleverly named!) - however it's mainly people that are already famous that get picked for perfume ads. On the offchance a randomer does an ad, they don't get stopped and asked for an autograph! So my question is, what has Amy done that makes her so famous?
Original post by Sophie...

Spoiler

I think the last series has been brilliant.:biggrin:

If he does that, I'll be annoyed because he could've then saved old Amy. :frown:

But I agree, it's looking like there are many Doctors (and Rivers) floating around Lake Silencio... :holmes:

Edit: Or sinking - in astronaut-River's case. :awesome:

--awkward silence--
(edited 12 years ago)

Amy appears on the advert for that Petrichor perfume (cleverly named!) - however it's mainly people that are already famous that get picked for perfume ads. On the offchance a randomer does an ad, they don't get stopped and asked for an autograph! So my question is, what has Amy done that makes her so famous?

Maybe they do if they are in the shop and a little girl sees the lady in front of her and on a big poster?

I'm still trying to figure out what Petrichor means/stands for :colondollar: (I'm such a failure xD)

Maybe, Doctor Who is a programme inside Doctor Who and Amy Pond is famous for playing Amy Pond. POND-CEPTION. :ninja:

Edit: Nevermind, just realised it's to do with rain etc.

Thought there was some sort of anagram/clue thing going on there. :facepalm:

Latest