The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenl93
Eh but surely they would know you're a reapplicant when you're using the same ucas id no as last year?

are you old using the same id no as last year? I have a new one, but I think that is just because I am applying as an individual this time...
Original post by areyousure?
are you old using the same id no as last year? I have a new one, but I think that is just because I am applying as an individual this time...

I'm applying as an individual too?.... :confused:
I'm applying as an individual too?.... :confused:

and you have the same UCAS number? I don't :s-smilie:
Like it asked for my old one, I put it in so it gave me my contact details and that kind of thing already but then I was given a new number... weird

Well that way you won't have to learn the new one!
Reply 3883
Like it asked for my old one, I put it in so it gave me my contact details and that kind of thing already but then I was given a new number... weird

Yeah this happened with me too, got asked for my old number and got given a new one?? :confused:

I liked my old number :tongue:, it took me ages to memorise so now I have to do it all over again :eek:
Original post by RO'Gara
Yeah this happened with me too, got asked for my old number and got given a new one?? :confused:

I liked my old number :tongue:, it took me ages to memorise so now I have to do it all over again :eek:

hahah same here, I need to memorise the new one now!
Original post by RO'Gara

Okay so i may be wrong.. i probably do have a new number

I never learnt my old number from last year anyway seeing as i never had to log in to UCAS other than to see my rejections :/

HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT :crossedf:

... but what if they say i've plagiarised my last years one... :K:
Reply 3886
Original post by Shaz51
Which unis accept a seperate personal statement. I would appreciate if you let me know because I am planning to apply to chemical engineering as a back up.

I chose Chem Eng last time. I turned it down for a gap year. I applied to Brum and I just had a pleasant phone call with the secretary who said it would be fine to send them a second PS, which the interview then had when I got interviewed.

:colone: I sort of regret not going now, especially because all my friends are bugered off there, and I am sitting at home. Alone. With nothing but a computer and the internet... :frown:
Reply 3887
Original post by Seb
I chose Chem Eng last time. I turned it down for a gap year. I applied to Brum and I just had a pleasant phone call with the secretary who said it would be fine to send them a second PS, which the interview then had when I got interviewed.

:colone: I sort of regret not going now, especially because all my friends are bugered off there, and I am sitting at home. Alone. With nothing but a computer and the internet... :frown:

By "Brum" do you mean Birmingham?

I am in the same boat. I too have nothing exciting to do. On top of that I have moved to Edinburgh from kent and i know nobody here. Life couldnt get much worse.

I have got selected for a job as a care worker which I am due to start after a couple of weeks. I haven't taken UKCAT yet and I am totally dreading it. :frown:

What are your plans for the gap year? Which unis are you going to be applying to?
Reply 3888
Okay so i may be wrong.. i probably do have a new number

I never learnt my old number from last year anyway seeing as i never had to log in to UCAS other than to see my rejections :/

HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT :crossedf:

... but what if they say i've plagiarised my last years one... :K:

I kind of stalked track last year hence the need to memorise my UCAS no. :colondollar:

If they're giving some people new no.s then they must go on email addresses or something when they think a personal statement looks similar ... well at least I hope they do since mine is just last years polished up a bit :s-smilie:

They should really give us reapplicants some sort of bonus points or free interview for perseverance. :biggrin:
Reply 3889
Original post by RO'Gara
I kind of stalked track last year hence the need to memorise my UCAS no. :colondollar:

If they're giving some people new no.s then they must go on email addresses or something when they think a personal statement looks similar ... well at least I hope they do since mine is just last years polished up a bit :s-smilie:

They should really give us reapplicants some sort of bonus points or free interview for perseverance. :biggrin:

When you sign up for ucas again they ask if you have already applied and you put in your old ucas ID, that's how they know. You do get a new number though.
Reply 3890
Original post by Quackers93
Erm I think I ended up going through every question for AR in 600Q, how to master the ukcat, and passing the ukcat and bmat. and stressing out because I couldn't do it. The highest I ever got was 32/65 and that was with guessing most of them :P Tbh I think it was luck... or I am very good under stress... but i'm voting luck lol

Practice with an online calculator!!! I failed to do this and kept screwing up in my exam :/ (Might be useful to learn the difference between the CE and C buttons, i wasted loadssssss of time deleting loads of work after one little mistake :P)

Ermmmm best advice would probably be practice lol I think i mighta done about 15 hours total + 2 offical mocks? Last year I only did about 3 hours total... whoops :tongue:

that is incredible, i am encouraged as well as inspired now! and i haven't congratulated you upon such fantastic score have I? so yeah WELLDONE!:smile:

and by 15 hrs total: do you mean 15 hrs total of preparation or 15 hrs a day? :eek:
Original post by Shaz51
715????????:eek: WOW that is incredible! i am taking my test on tuesday the 4th oct. Any tips on how to get such marvellous score? I am dreading this test and i have an E in EPQ so it just seems like an unrealistic dream for me to get into the medical school. :frown:

Any tips would be appreciated. :smile:

most unis dont even look at EPQ... as long as your other grades are fine then you're alright
Reply 3892
Original post by tkoki1993
most unis dont even look at EPQ... as long as your other grades are fine then you're alright

Phew! thats a relief. :banana:Else, I am not getting into any med. school this year either!
For those that have sent their UCAS forms off the stalking page is up and running: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2012_Entry :awesome:
Original post by Shaz51
Phew! thats a relief. :banana:Else, I am not getting into any med. school this year either!

Plus its a waste of time... wish i didnt do it grrrr
Reply 3895
Original post by Shaz51
By "Brum" do you mean Birmingham?

I am in the same boat. I too have nothing exciting to do. On top of that I have moved to Edinburgh from kent and i know nobody here. Life couldnt get much worse.

I have got selected for a job as a care worker which I am due to start after a couple of weeks. I haven't taken UKCAT yet and I am totally dreading it. :frown:

What are your plans for the gap year? Which unis are you going to be applying to?

Yes, bham lol

So are you also reapplicant then? :frown:

I have a job too, at a school for disabled children. I'm only a supply though and noone is ill at the moment, GODDAMMIT!

I want to save up loaaads of money, because I just want to travel everywhere! I've already got plans to go to an orphanage in south africa for ~3 weeks, but I'm sort of cheating because my aunt 'n' uncle own it, so it's to see my cousins and family combined with volunteering (and hopefully a lot of football :colone:)

I also want to do CampAmerica in the summer, and travel around either Australia or Europe. So im not really doing much that will help my application, but I'd rather enjoy my gap year and make the most of it. (I probably wont be saying that when, no if, let's say IF, I get another 4 rejections)

My UKCAT was meh, people tell me it's good, but I have gone down from last year :frown: 675... Good luck with yours :smile:

What you got planned? (If I'm right in thinking you're a gap yearer too)
Reply 3896
Original post by tkoki1993
Plus its a waste of time... wish i didnt do it grrrr

did you do the EPQ too? I know total waste of time and i truly hope this E will not ruin my application. :colondollar:
Reply 3897
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
For those that have sent their UCAS forms off the stalking page is up and running: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2012_Entry :awesome:

Wow, thats very efficient!

Quite pleased at the moment - planning a trip to the Newcastle open day next saturday. Is pretty lucky that I decided I wanted it to look at it, and just happens there's an open day :biggrin: So probably going to book a hotel/hostel/b&b for friday night and have a fun few hours on the train there and back :|

Going on my own though... oh the independence!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3898
Original post by twelve
Wow, thats very efficient!

Quite pleased at the moment - planning a trip to the Newcastle open day next saturday. Is pretty lucky that I decided I wanted it to look at it, and just happens there's an open day :biggrin: So probably going to book a hotel/hostel/b&b for friday night and have a fun few hours on the train there and back :|

Going on my own though... oh the independence!

Glad to hear you're going -and on your own.Bring the boyfriend back a few photos eg bridges over the Tyne,fantastic architecture on south side of river etc
Reply 3899
Original post by oldbatty
Glad to hear you're going -and on your own.Bring the boyfriend back a few photos eg bridges over the Tyne,fantastic architecture on south side of river etc

Oh and the Metro is fabulous for getting about!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending