The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9600
Original post by davireland
This is a great comment and great feedback, what role do you do?

I'm a team leader, been with the company for about 10 weeks now.
Hello all!

I had an interview for sainsburys exactly 10 days ago today, i still haven't heard from them and on the website it just says first stage interview under application status. They said they'd contact me within 10 days. Will the 10 days be business days? its been 10 normal days (including weekends). And should i call them? If so the HR number or the actual store number?

Thanks
Tom
Reply 9602
Original post by Tom_Andrews
Hello all!

I had an interview for sainsburys exactly 10 days ago today, i still haven't heard from them and on the website it just says first stage interview under application status. They said they'd contact me within 10 days. Will the 10 days be business days? its been 10 normal days (including weekends). And should i call them? If so the HR number or the actual store number?

Thanks
Tom

Call HR Shared Services, and give them your reference number [you should have one].
Reply 9603
Right so im in a pickle at work, they want to move me on to checkouts from the bakery, they haven't even told me anything or asked me, I put I have asthma on my form when i started, but it's with pets and not dust/flour etc, they've already got a replacement working my shifts lined up, i've been told to ring hr as nobody has a clue on how to help me..... this isn't right is it? I don't want to go on checkouts, I want to move off the bakery, but not on to there, my asthma is fine and there are no problems... where do I stand?
^not 100% but if you asked to be moved from bakery and they have a replacement for you I don't think theres anything you can do. A guy at work was in a similar situation, asked change departments then changed his mind but because they'd already got someone else he had to move. Obviously go and see HR explain to them you would rather not move to checkouts, is there anywhere else you can go etc.. and maybe talk to other department managers see if they might want you, but other departments might not have the hours and c/outs do always need more people so not sure of your chances really :dontknow:
Reply 9605
I asked my manager and he's clueless.. there was a film I had to fill in that if I wanted to move, which department? I never put checkouts
What is this love card? I only recently just started so I'm not even sure on what the previous shining star thing was. How do you get rewards? Are you expected to have the card with you all the time when working?
Original post by StrayBullet
What is this love card? I only recently just started so I'm not even sure on what the previous shining star thing was. How do you get rewards? Are you expected to have the card with you all the time when working?

Colleagues and customers can nominate you to recieve an award, weither it be helping a colleague when they were struggling with a task or doing something extra for a customer like getting them a extra basket helping them to their car that sort of thing. The difference between the Love card and the shinning star that I've gathered is that you dont get the little pin badge anymore.

You dont need to carry it with you, I just left mine in my locker.
Original post by Salzar
I asked my manager and he's clueless.. there was a film I had to fill in that if I wanted to move, which department? I never put checkouts

have you got a reason you cant work checkouts? just talk to hr and said youd prefer to move to x department but really unless youve got a reason you might not have a choice!
Reply 9609
Okay so I have to move onto checkouts, can anyone give me any tips or help or anything to look out for before I go on?
Reply 9610
Hi just wanted to ask a bit of advice. I applied for a job at Sainsbury's yesterday online and got a text today to say i had been selected for an interview. There are interviews happening today but they couldn't book me on the same day so it's now on the 3rd october. I saw posted else where that they take down the job vacancies after 6 people have applied and then only invite 3 people for an interview. Can anyone confirm that this is true. The way the girl on the phone was acting it was like there was a large number of people that had applied for the job. there were 3 jobs advertised just different days during the week. The job is only for 12 hours a week but I'm hoping with christmas coming up there will be more hours available. Thanks
Reply 9611
If iv worked for the company for approximately 6 months, how many paid hours holidays am i entitled to if my contract is 12 hours a week.?
Original post by hasm
If iv worked for the company for approximately 6 months, how many paid hours holidays am i entitled to if my contract is 12 hours a week.?

You are entitled to 6 weeks per year, so if you've been there 6 months, that would mean you have 3 weeks holiday. By weeks, it goes on your contracted hours, so you'll have 3*12 = 36 hours to take. :smile:
Reply 9613
Original post by affinity89

Original post by affinity89
You are entitled to 6 weeks per year, so if you've been there 6 months, that would mean you have 3 weeks holiday. By weeks, it goes on your contracted hours, so you'll have 3*12 = 36 hours to take. :smile:

Thanks
Reply 9614
hey guys! i have an interview next week for sainsburys as a costumer assistant. could someone explain what happens at the interview/what to expect from the interview? what are the questions they will ask me? thanks
Not strictly a Sainsbury's-related question, but I thought some of you lot might know anyway; on UCAS should I put the employer address as the address of the store I work in, or the 33 Holborn, London thing? Cheers.
Original post by Liam6993
Not strictly a Sainsbury's-related question, but I thought some of you lot might know anyway; on UCAS should I put the employer address as the address of the store I work in, or the 33 Holborn, London thing? Cheers.

not sure if serious?
Reply 9617
Original post by Liam6993

Do you work in H/O

If not, store address...
I've been working at Sainsburys for around seven weeks now, it's only 12 hours a week and it's a temporary position. My contract was supposed to end last weekend; I spoke to the team manager and mentioned it, and she said to take it as a positive sign that they still want me to carry on. Does this mean I'm still a temp? :s-smilie:

I currently work on checkouts, and although I don't hate it, I'd rather be doing something else. So exactly how hard is it to transfer to another department and who should I speak to?

I should also mention that I'm currently off sick, and have come across other Sainsburys vacancies, ones which are considerably closer to where I live. Would I need to inform the Sainsburys that I currently work at, if I was to apply to another store?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9619
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
I've been working at Sainsburys for around seven weeks now, it's only 12 hours a week and it's a temporary position. My contract was supposed to end last weekend; I spoke to the team manager and mentioned it, and she said to take it as a positive sign that they still want me to carry on. Does this mean I'm still a temp? :s-smilie:

I currently work on checkouts, and although I don't hate it, I'd rather be doing something else. So exactly how hard is it to transfer to another department and who should I speak to?

I should also mention that I'm currently off sick, and have come across other Sainsburys vacancies, ones which are considerably closer to where I live. Would I need to inform the Sainsburys that I currently work at, if I was to apply to another store?

How do you know your contract has not finishes/finished? Do they tell you to stop coming or something?

Latest

Trending

Trending