The Student Room Group

What is seen as a good LNAT score?

I want to apply to Oxford, UCL, KCL, Bristol and Birmingham, what do these universities see as a good LNAT score?

I just did a practice test (off of the LNAT website) and got 23/42. which is only just over half marks so I assume I need to really improve??

What marks do the majority of people get?

I tried looking for this info on the LNAT website but I just can't seem to find it!!

Scroll to see replies

That's either utter stupidity or pure genius. Why would you apply to five LNAT universities? The average last year was 17.7 so I'd say 20+ is 'good'
Reply 2
Original post by Tsunami2011
That's either utter stupidity or pure genius. Why would you apply to five LNAT universities? The average last year was 17.7 so I'd say 20+ is 'good'

well i am hovering over deciding Warwick or Bristol. And Warwick isn't LNAT. I just kind of forgot to put in I was considering Warwick.

What Uni's would you recommend me to apply to that aren't LNAT?
Original post by alipally94

What Uni's would you recommend me to apply to that aren't LNAT?

I believe LSE doesn't require the LNAT. And this is not from personal experience, but a friend of mine got 14 and A*AA prediction and got rejected from Nottingham.
Reply 4
Original post by yahyahyahs
I believe LSE doesn't require the LNAT. And this is not from personal experience, but a friend of mine got 14 and A*AA prediction and got rejected from Nottingham.

I considered LSE but apparently they want really high GCSE (like 8A*) and I only got 4. So thats why I'm not considering them..even though I got AAAA at AS.

Or is that just a rumour that I have heard about LSE??
Original post by Tsunami2011

Are you sure that was the average out of 42? I did it when it was out of 30 and at that point around 16 was average
Reply 6
Hey guys!

I'm selling an LNAT book (Mastering the National Admissions Test for Law by Mark Shepherd) so if any of you guys are interested, please PM me. I'd recommend you start practising for it as soon as possible as Universities prefer for you to have done the LNAT by october. Good luck!
Reply 7
I only got 17 and I'm starting at UCL in a few weeks. I did get rejected from Oxford though...
Reply 8
Original post by imonlysleeping
Are you sure that was the average out of 42? I did it when it was out of 30 and at that point around 16 was average

17.7 is correct. When they emailed the scores out, it included the average for the year. There's been some conjecture that the number of questions increased the time pressure resulting in a lower average score. Alternatively, maybe this year was just a duff year! (Before anyone takes offence, I'm included in this year's cohort so... :wink:)
Original post by FDCR
17.7 is correct. When they emailed the scores out, it included the average for the year. There's been some conjecture that the number of questions increased the time pressure resulting in a lower average score. Alternatively, maybe this year was just a duff year! (Before anyone takes offence, I'm included in this year's cohort so... :wink:)

Bearing in mind that 8 would be the average score if all the candidates went eeny meeny miny mo. :confused:
Reply 10
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Yeah, I've been wondering about this as well. I'm considering two LNAT unis (Durham and Nottingham/Bristol, can't pick which :tongue:) and I scored 33/42 in a paper version of the multiple choice bit. I figure it's *good* (insert the sound of my ego expanding here but how good?
Original post by doxie

Original post by doxie
Yeah, I've been wondering about this as well. I'm considering two LNAT unis (Durham and Nottingham/Bristol, can't pick which :tongue:) and I scored 33/42 in a paper version of the multiple choice bit. I figure it's *good* (insert the sound of my ego expanding here but how good?

really really really good. highest oxford applicant last year got 34.
Original post by silverspoonmess
really really really good. highest oxford applicant last year got 34.

Indeed, that is a great score, and is amazing if it was your first attempt. Don't get complacent though, go over what you got wrong, as you might find the real thing harder.
Reply 14
I did the 1st Practice Test on the LNAT website and got 27/42...
Original post by joan2468

Better than most, a very good score actually, but don't get complacent.
Reply 16
Original post by Thegoodleftundone
Better than most, a very good score actually, but don't get complacent.

Yeah, I know - it's really easy to make mistakes. I won't be taking the real thing until like next year, so I've got time to practice :P

i did this as my first one, and got 27. then got progressively better whilst working through Mark Shepherds book, getting 26/30 in the last test i did, then did the 2nd paper on the lnat website and got 22... completely shot my confidence and my lnat is tomorrow
:cry:
Reply 18
Wait, does the actual test have 30 multiple-choice questions or 42? o_O
Reply 19
Wait, does the actual test have 30 multiple-choice questions or 42? o_O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending