The Student Room Group

2012 - veterinary re-applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Irishguy2K10
You would never call me names Tom :tongue:

****er :tongue:

Original post by ILurfSmurf
who the hell is gregor mendel?!?!
mm true - chemistry seems much easier when my horse isnt in a referral hospital... although he may be going back for surgery 2 weeks today - eugh its never ending! Still will be a good case study to talk about :tongue:

I hope I shall be raving it up, however it wont be at bristol, as errr

i'm not applying there this year :colondollar:

although i AM at some point coming to visit helen, oh and i suppose i guess that means you too :wink:

Hahaa thats only because your not cool enough to apply there! Gregor Mendel is like the founder of genetics numbnuts:tongue:! I think anyway!
OHH and when you come to visit Helen, i'm hiding, and she lives like 3 miles from me so you won't find me :wink:
Original post by ILurfSmurf
who the hell is gregor mendel?!?!
mm true - chemistry seems much easier when my horse isnt in a referral hospital... although he may be going back for surgery 2 weeks today - eugh its never ending! Still will be a good case study to talk about :tongue:

I hope I shall be raving it up, however it wont be at bristol, as errr

i'm not applying there this year :colondollar:

although i AM at some point coming to visit helen, oh and i suppose i guess that means you too :wink:

gregor mendel? mendelian inheritance :wink: not sure what that has to do with you though...
Original post by Mooseyboy

****er :tongue:

OO, well I see how it is, never been so hurt in my life :frown:
Original post by scar-man
I'm doing a SA practice at the moment where my grandad used to work and luckily 2 of my best friends have gone to Kent Uni so I went to visit them last night which was so much fun! I'm the same as you, got work experience booked solidly before I go full time at my job in 5 weeks time!
I don't have to do any resits this year luckily because I got A*s in Chemistry, Maths and English Lit and then an A in Biology and was happy enough with that to not resit haha! Have you got all your UCAS ready? :smile:

Baha well there's really no competition between us then :') Well done on your grades - they're amazing!!! :biggrin:
Ah one of my best friends gone to Kent to do Pyschology! And another is in Canterbury so I'm going to go visit them in November (hopefully!)
As for UCAS - it's all done, apart from my 5th option - I chose Bio last year and got my place at Nottingham but turned it down :\ And my personal statement. I know I'm going to want to change it once I've done just one week at the vets! Let alone the weeks I have planned after! How about you? :smile:
Reply 284
Original post by jayy...(:
I did work experience at VLA Starcross in Exeter. Maybe try Veterinary Practices which have large labs?? How can you be too old?!

I really don't know, I'm 18 - maybe it's something to do with their insurance?? I have been to a vets that did a lot of poultry work in their lab so that may have to do...
You HAD to remember didn't you! I hope I don't run into any one of those 5/6 people who saw me do it in freshers! They were pretty fit too :s

I remember everything. :tongue:
Original post by gernumblies
I remember everything. :tongue:

Lucky you! My memory is like a seive:tongue: SHHHH about the door though:wink:
Lucky you! My memory is like a seive:tongue: SHHHH about the door though:wink:

Including remembering the correct spelling of sieve... :tongue:
Original post by stef_vet?

Just proves the point, really. :tongue:
Original post by stef_vet?

I kept spelling protein as protien the other day....im supposed to be a friggin' vet student, not an illiterate retard!!
Reply 290
finished my ucas yeyyy

i feel sorry for us, doing this the first time around was stressful enough! :tongue:
Original post by Lucy_x
finished my ucas yeyyy

i feel sorry for us, doing this the first time around was stressful enough! :tongue:

At least we have some experience of how the system works now for waiting for different places. :redface:
Reply 292
Edinburgh > London anyday tbh! I wish i had applied there in a way, better than Glasgow!

Whats wrong with RVC???!! Its easier to get into because they take more students, particularly english ones compared to Edinburgh :tongue:
Original post by Lizzywoo
i may be interested, which one did you find was the best?

Right sorry this has taken so long!

I have

1. Preparing for the BMAT
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/043504687X/ref=s9_qpp_gw_p14_g14_ir04?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=051F5F46KHMNPN890NH2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128133&pf_rd_i=468294

Which was good because it's the official one telling you the basics of what's in the exam and can test yourself.

2. How to master the BMAT (1st edition)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Master-BMAT-Unbeatable-Preparation/dp/0749463368/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317222584&sr=1-1

The link is to the second edition. But i found it very useful because it goes through most of the syllabus that you need to know which i found super helpful because i hadn't done A levels in years.

3. Succeeding in the BMAT
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Succeeding-Medical-Admissions-Entry-School/dp/190683900X/ref=pd_sim_b4

This one goes through a lot of questions and explains the answers and then has full mock exams.

I found all useful but probably the 2nd and 3rd the best.
Book 2 and 3 in mint condition but book 1 is a bit worn on the inside but nothing wrong with it :smile:
Original post by jacko111
Whats wrong with RVC???!! Its easier to get into because they take more students, particularly english ones compared to Edinburgh :tongue:

Nothing is wrong with it at all! I loved it when i went for interveiws and seriously contemplated their offer! But Edinburgh just looks epic, not gnna lie:tongue: Obviously NOTHING on Bristol which of course is the best vet school:tongue:
Reply 295
OK then, is that cos thats where you are ???LOL
Bristol or Edinburgh would have been cheaper than living in London!
Hey, just thought i would say 'Hi'
I am also reapplying after straight rejections last year :frown:
I've decided to apply to RVC this time, but dreading BMAT... And unfortunately have the added pressure of having to resit a chemistry module coz i only got a B, sucks...
But hopefully we will all prove the vet schools wrong, and all get offers this time round XD
Reply 297
Original post by Becky:)*
I really don't know, I'm 18 - maybe it's something to do with their insurance?? I have been to a vets that did a lot of poultry work in their lab so that may have to do...

I'm 18 and they're having me at starcross. its not essential anyway!
Reply 298
Nothing is wrong with it at all! I loved it when i went for interveiws and seriously contemplated their offer! But Edinburgh just looks epic, not gnna lie:tongue: Obviously NOTHING on Bristol which of course is the best vet school:tongue:

The new vet school is pretty darn snazzy, has to be said. And the Roslin building is cool too.
Reply 299
Original post by jayy...(:
I'm 18 and they're having me at starcross. its not essential anyway!

where are you from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending