The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6160
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
She probably won't, which is a shame, because it's not really the student experience then....

I'm hoping Worcester don't do a "Harry Potter" Bop theme like Brown did (I know someone who went to Brown and apparently it was very awkward...)

"Who are you going as Emma?"

".........Dobby"

:giggle:
Original post by Lexi C
OH hell yes I thought this was just Fermanagh. I now call my county "Backwards Fermanagh" because it SO is. Yeah in my school about two thirds of the year always goes to QUB or UU... It's pathetic! And now since they're keeping the fees the same the majority of my year will be applying to these uni's or down south!

Yeah everyone wants to go to UU or QUB, otherwise TCD/UCD. Personally I can't think of anything more depressing than spending another three years in NI, and I'm not really rich enough to live in Dublin either :sad:

but we're exceptions :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6162
Original post by 007dunlop
Me too!! I'm worried about not even getting to the interview stage :s-smilie:

How are your grades by the way? (Like GCSE, AS, predicted A2) :smile:

Pfft don't worry. I worry too much these days. It's more important that you keep your head down and work!
GCSEs:7A*s, 2As ASs: 4As
For my predictions I haven't been told all of them but I've been predicted at least 2A*s. I reckon my predictions will be A*A*A*A.
What about yourself?

Original post by medbh4805
Yeah everyone wants to go to UU or QUB, otherwise TCD/UCD. Personally I can't think of anything more depressing than spending another three years in NI, and I'm not really rich enough to live in Dublin either :sad:

but we're exceptions :awesome:

I knooow people think I'm exaggerating when I say I'd rather not go to Uni than go to NI. BIT of an exaggeration but not far from the truth!
Also, how is your school with predicting A Level grades? I'm getting the impression that NI schools are more reluctant to predict you higher grades, but that might just be me...
Ha yes Dublin is so nice but SO expensive :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lexi C
Pfft don't worry. I worry too much these days. It's more important that you keep your head down and work!
GCSEs:7A*s, 2As ASs: 4As
For my predictions I haven't been told all of them but I've been predicted at least 2A*s. I reckon my predictions will be A*A*A*A.
What about yourself? (

:s-smilie:

GCSE: 4 A*s, 6 As, 2 Bs
AS: AAABC
Predicted A2: A*A*A
Original post by Lexi C
Ah yes, I saw that. Unfortunately I hadn't joined the thread until later on :frown:
It's such good banter speaking in German though!!

Well...it being "banter" never really occurred to me, but sure!

I'm in a really similar position to you! 5A*'s, 5A's and a B at GCSE.
Predicted A*A*A :/
Good luck to us both haha!
Original post by economics111
I'm in a really similar position to you! 5A*'s, 5A's and a B at GCSE.
Predicted A*A*A :/
Good luck to us both haha!

Yeah, good luck to us! haha, what you applying for and where?
Original post by Lexi C

I knooow people think I'm exaggerating when I say I'd rather not go to Uni than go to NI. BIT of an exaggeration but not far from the truth!
Also, how is your school with predicting A Level grades? I'm getting the impression that NI schools are more reluctant to predict you higher grades, but that might just be me...
Ha yes Dublin is so nice but SO expensive :frown:

When I asked for A* predictions, they said "But do you NEED an A*?"

I said "I think you're missing the point" :sigh:

got sorted in the end, as you can see from my sig :yeah:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah, good luck to us! haha, what you applying for and where?

I'm applying to Brasenose for E + M, what about you?
I'm applying to Brasenose for E + M, what about you?

Experimental Psychology, Lady Margaret Hall :smile:
Experimental Psychology, Lady Margaret Hall :smile:

Ah awesome :biggrin: Well good luck! Do you also have to take the TSA for that? Thats the E+M test, not looking forward to it haha!
Ah awesome :biggrin: Well good luck! Do you also have to take the TSA for that? Thats the E+M test, not looking forward to it haha!

Thanks, same to you :smile: Yeah, TSA for me too :frown:
Everyone and anyone who asked a question via email to the Oxford UG admissions people will probably have a shock when they go to their email inboxes right now haha. Some idiot emailed the entire list by accident and now people are freaking out.
Original post by Ray of Light

Original post by Ray of Light
Everyone and anyone who asked a question via email to the Oxford UG admissions people will probably have a shock when they go to their email inboxes right now haha. Some idiot emailed the entire list by accident and now people are freaking out.
It's not people asked a question, it's anyone who request a prospectus... probably only upwards of ten thousand people on that list... :tongue:
Original post by fluteflute
It's not people asked a question, it's anyone who request a prospectus... probably only upwards of ten thousand people on that list... :tongue:

Oh! Haha, that's even worse :tongue:
Do you reckon Oxford know that their mailing lists are so insecure? :tongue: Hopefully someone has reported it!
Reply 6176
Original post by medbh4805
When I asked for A* predictions, they said "But do you NEED an A*?"

I said "I think you're missing the point" :sigh:

got sorted in the end, as you can see from my sig :yeah:

LOL bad times. I know my German teacher said she wasn't going to predict me an A* because she didn't want to "put pressure" on me. Nearly lost my life! Even though I got over 90 UMS in my AS.
Oh well, good going for you too, at least it's all sorted. Stress over regarding that. There are still plenty of hurdles to get through with my school however, as if the Oxford application wasn't stressful enough. My school is just adding to my stress! :sad:
Reply 6177

Oxford standard me thinks :smile:

Original post by such_a_lady
Well...it being "banter" never really occurred to me, but sure!

It is utter banter is it not?! Haha! :biggrin:
Original post by Lexi C
LOL bad times. I know my German teacher said she wasn't going to predict me an A* because she didn't want to "put pressure" on me. Nearly lost my life! Even though I got over 90 UMS in my AS.

Some people....:facepalm2: The worst thing is that you're applying for German too :colonhash:

Oh well, good going for you too, at least it's all sorted. Stress over regarding that. There are still plenty of hurdles to get through with my school however, as if the Oxford application wasn't stressful enough. My school is just adding to my stress! :sad:

I'm having some trouble with my reference, what about you? What sort of problems are you having?
Original post by hannahwhelan
Do you reckon Oxford know that their mailing lists are so insecure? :tongue: Hopefully someone has reported it!

Funnily enough, someone just mentioned this forum in the latest update from Idiots R Us.

Latest

Trending

Trending