The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shaz51
Hey everyone! I just wanted to know if E in EPQ will ruin my application as I have the right Alevel grades already but I am a little worried about the E in EPQ......

Guess it might depend on whether they look at AS's or not, cause if they don't you might be ok? :smile:
Reply 7381
Original post by Quackers93
Guess it might depend on whether they look at AS's or not, cause if they don't you might be ok? :smile:

I am applying to keele and bristol. I can iterate them mentioning in the prospectus "grade B or above in the fourth AS level". Well, I do have B in my physics but also an E in EPQ. But is EPQ an As level qualification? I always thought that it was not a proper A level qualification.:confused:
Original post by Shaz51
I am applying to keele and bristol. I can iterate them mentioning in the prospectus "grade B or above in the fourth AS level". Well, I do have B in my physics but also an E in EPQ. But is EPQ an As level qualification? I always thought that it was not a proper A level qualification.:confused:

Well you get the same ucas points for it, so I assumed it was. And I'd also been told that "It's only worth an AS but it's the work of A2" So i think it's not the same but it's the equivalent... so who knows :rolleyes:

To be fair, you've met the grade requirements, the EPQ is just an extra. You could try ringing the unis? or speak to a careers person maybe? :smile:
Reply 7383
Did anyone attend Barts open day yesterday? If so, can you please clarify their admission policy for this year since they haven't updated their prospectus and from the TSR Barts forum, there seems to be flaws in their new system.
Original post by kim93
Did anyone attend Barts open day yesterday? If so, can you please clarify their admission policy for this year since they haven't updated their prospectus and from the TSR Barts forum, there seems to be flaws in their new system.

From what I can tell:

1st you need to meet their GCSE, A level and UKCAT entry requirements. You need AAA predictions, a B in a fourth AS level, 600 average UKCAT or higher, and AAABBB GCSEs including English lang, maths and the sciences.

Then all remaining applicants will be ranked by UCAS tariff scores, with the highest scoring being invited for interviews.
Reply 7385
Guys how risky is it applying to 3 BMAT unis, i.e. Cambs, Imperial and UCL? I am thinking about swapping Kings for UCL as if I do well in the BMAT then it puts me in good stead for 3 unis which I really like, thoughts? :smile:
Reply 7386
Original post by Nator
Guys how risky is it applying to 3 BMAT unis

It is a bit of a risk putting 3 BMAT unis down merely because the test is after you have applied so if you think of it from the opposite end of the perspective, if you do badly in the bmat then you wouldn't be in the best of positions application wise.

It all depends on how confident you are of doing well in the bmat, because some people can just ace it no problem, if you are one of those people there's no harm in putting 3 bmats down. Of course all the unis you mentioned are very competitive too, so make sure the rest of your application is just as strong as your aptitude test scores.
To those that have already sent off their UCAS forms:

The 2012 stalking wiki page is now open for use.... have fun :awesome:
Reply 7388
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Thought I'd just add a link. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine_Applicants_Stalking_Page_2012_Entry

vgVAJGVSVSAGVFjdn!!""jdis&&^ :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just a li'l representation of my excitement :colondollar:
Reply 7390
Original post by mya_r
It is a bit of a risk putting 3 BMAT unis down merely because the test is after you have applied so if you think of it from the opposite end of the perspective, if you do badly in the bmat then you wouldn't be in the best of positions application wise.

It all depends on how confident you are of doing well in the bmat, because some people can just ace it no problem, if you are one of those people there's no harm in putting 3 bmats down. Of course all the unis you mentioned are very competitive too, so make sure the rest of your application is just as strong as your aptitude test scores.

Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it :smile:
Reply 7391
what realistically are edinburghs requirements grade wise, ukcat wise, personal statement wise? someone please give me an accurate answer as dont wanna waste a choice!
Reply 7392

:unsure: Haven't sent mine yet but you've seen my wiki editing skills.
Reply 7393
Original post by cz100
:unsure: Haven't sent mine yet but you've seen my wiki editing skills.

Let the stalking commence.:ninja:
Original post by Besakt

On it like a car bonnet :ninja:
Reply 7395
Original post by Besakt

:ninjagirl:
I suppose I'll put on the 3 choices I'm completely sure of, some eager ones are already on.
Reply 7396
Original post by cz100
:ninjagirl:
I suppose I'll put on the 3 choices I'm completely sure of, some eager ones are already on.

Done mine, now. :biggrin:
Reply 7397
Original post by Besakt
Done mine, now. :biggrin:

Saw you there, I'm likely to apply to Southampton for my last one too, but that one won't be finalised for another couple of day :redface:
Reply 7398
Original post by cz100
Saw you there, I'm likely to apply to Southampton for my last one too, but that one won't be finalised for another couple of day :redface:

I'm so nervous now.
Reply 7399
I know the unis can't see which other unis you've applied to but can they see what other courses you've applied to?

Latest

Trending

Trending