The Student Room Group

Funding a postgraduate in the USA

I am thinking of studying for my postgrad (associates degree in usa terms) next year but would like some financial aid (if any) does anyone know of any scholarships/grants/loans etc that could be useful?
Original post by redrabbit
I am thinking of studying for my postgrad (associates degree in usa terms) next year but would like some financial aid (if any) does anyone know of any scholarships/grants/loans etc that could be useful?

But an associates degree is an undergraduate degree...right?
Reply 2
Original post by beefmaster
But an associates degree is an undergraduate degree...right?

Yeah thats right. Its like the foundation degree or Btec Higher national diploma in the UK.
Reply 3
Original post by redrabbit

What you're looking for is a masters degree not an associates degree. I have tried to look for funding for a masters for myself but have only found the Full bright which is extremely hard to get.
Original post by Gutterville
What you're looking for is a masters degree not an associates degree. I have tried to look for funding for a masters for myself but have only found the Full bright which is extremely hard to get.

What sort of masters are you looking to fund?

For the ones I am applying for this year (professional schools of International Relations) they have great funding packages for all students...even internationals. You need a few years of work experience in an international organisation and good languages. But it is always an option if you want to study in the US.
Reply 5
Huh? An Associate's Degree is an UG degree in the States, not a Master's. In the US system, it's AA --> BA --> MA.

I'm a little confused.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending