The Student Room Group

Joint degrees 2012! :P

Anyone doing a joint degree? :tongue: haven't come across many people who are, but if you are, what are you doing and where? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Yes! French and Politics, applying to Lancaster, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Sussex :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by somebodytoldmexo
Yes! French and Politics, applying to Lancaster, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Sussex :smile:

Woo nice! :biggrin: Do you do more French than Politics, or is it an equal split?
It depends on the Uni, some offer courses which are more weighted towards one or the other. I wanted a course with an equal split, so that's what all the ones that I am applying to have :smile: What do you want to do?
Original post by Jabberwox
Anyone doing a joint degree? :tongue: haven't come across many people who are, but if you are, what are you doing and where? :biggrin:

Economics and Geography at UCL. Just found out that this degree is extremely difficult and hardly anyone gets a first. There goes my hopes of getting onto a top Master's programme :biggrin: Then again, I do like a challenge :colone:

What are you reading?
Reply 5
It depends on the Uni, some offer courses which are more weighted towards one or the other. I wanted a course with an equal split, so that's what all the ones that I am applying to have :smile: What do you want to do?

English and Psychology, which I'm sure is an equal split :smile: best of luck! :biggrin:
English and Psychology, which I'm sure is an equal split :smile: best of luck! :biggrin:

aah sounds good to me! Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Economics and Geography at UCL. Just found out that this degree is extremely difficult and hardly anyone gets a first. There goes my hopes of getting onto a top Master's programme :biggrin: Then again, I do like a challenge :colone:

What are you reading?

Wow UCL :biggrin: nice :biggrin: that's quite an unusual combination too :smile:

English and Psychology; I'm applying at Winchester, Oxford Brookes, Keele and Gloucestershire ^^

omg another person doing french and pol! its a miracle! :biggrin:
for me - leeds, warwick, exeter, l'boro and perhaps b'ham :smile:

missed open days for warwick and bham so unsure :s-smilie:
Maths and philosophy, applying to: Oxford, Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham.:smile:i am so not looking forward to the entrance exams aha
Original post by Georgiana1605
omg another person doing french and pol! its a miracle! :biggrin:
for me - leeds, warwick, exeter, l'boro and perhaps b'ham :smile:

missed open days for warwick and bham so unsure :s-smilie:

Aaah, awesome! Have you visited Leeds? I won't be until if they give me an offer but I really liked the look of it from the prospectus :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by MobiusPrime
Maths and philosophy, applying to: Oxford, Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham.:smile:i am so not looking forward to the entrance exams aha

Good luck with Oxford :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm applying to Lancaster too:smile: which will be your firm if you get offers for all?

I'm applying for Biology with Psychology at Lancaster and Liverpool :smile:
Reply 13
my maths teacher did maths and dance for her degree. which i thought was odd
Reply 14
History and Politics. Applying to (in order of preference) Nottingham, York, Lancaster, Sussex and Leicester.
Praying I'll get in... writing the personal statement is so tricky :/
Original post by rajabilal

Original post by rajabilal
my maths teacher did maths and dance for her degree. which i thought was odd

:lolwut:
Reply 16
Russian (ab initio) and Sociology. Leeds is my main choice but only 3 unis offer it! :/
Wow UCL :biggrin: nice :biggrin: that's quite an unusual combination too :smile:

English and Psychology; I'm applying at Winchester, Oxford Brookes, Keele and Gloucestershire ^^

I guess it's an unusual combination in the sense that not a lot of uni's offer it, but (human) geography and economics overlap in so many areas. In fact, there's even a field called economic geography.

English and Psychology - now that's an unusual combination! Good luck with your application :smile:
English Literature and History. :biggrin:

I was thinking earlier, does doing a joint give you an advantage or not? I mean, it must be harder to persuade two admission officers from two different subjects, rather than just the standard one...
Original post by calamitysarah
I'm applying to Lancaster too:smile: which will be your firm if you get offers for all?

I'm applying for Biology with Psychology at Lancaster and Liverpool :smile:

I'm really not sure - probably Sussex, or in fact Lancaster. In a way I just want to go to all of them! That sounds good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending