The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

When do you get your timetable?

Im about to start at UoL next week and was just wandering when you get your timetable for the first term not just the first week? Also anyone who did an arts course, like history or english for example, roughly how many hours a week did you have in your first year? im jujst really excited and curious :rolleyes:
Reply 1
We should have our timetables by the start of term I think (hope, would rather like it now tbh). I did history and in my first year had 6hrs a week.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
I got mine already :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by grape:)
I got mine already :biggrin:

Through the post?
Try blackboard to see if they have been published. (https://blackboard.le.ac.uk/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp). But otherwise you will get when you register with the department on the start of the week 3rd october, check your emails too.
Everyone that I knew that studied English or History had around 6-8 hours a week of lectures and a few more hours for seminars.
Reply 5
Is anyone else having problems accessing on blackboard? It keeps saying my username and password are wrong but there not :/
Reply 6
Original post by AmyAmy0913
Is anyone else having problems accessing on blackboard? It keeps saying my username and password are wrong but there not :/

It can take 24 hours to kick in after you register online. If it's longer than that contact IT support and they will sort you out. You can email/ring them - or if you're in Leicester already there is a help desk in the library.
You should get a paper timetable where you can put in your personal seminars and tutorials when you register with your department and if they're on the ball, they may have put it on blackboard by now as said.
I got my timetable yesterday for economics(third year) but the seminars timetable usually takes a few days more while they sort out rooms and groups.
did you people getthe e-mail from your leicester e-mail? and i never got a password for the e-mail im confused :s-smilie:
right i'm slightly worried now because i still haven't got my timetable. should i be ring them up, or will i get it at the introductory lectures or something?
Try blackboard to see if its available, also check your emails as you get an email if the timetable is published, I won't worry about the timetable not being published yet, the rooms being confirmed take a while to occur, the economics department in my case usually take a long while.
When you register they ask you to set up a password.
Original post by shamim2k9
right i'm slightly worried now because i still haven't got my timetable. should i be ring them up, or will i get it at the introductory lectures or something?

Wait till the end of freshers fair, they are probably confirming rooms atm, what department are you in, as you could always ask reception. You should get it before introductory lectures.
Reply 13
Whole group teaching timetables have now been published here: http://www.le.ac.uk/ua/ac/tt/index.html

So if you know what modules you're doing you can work out your timetable. Otherwise, you will be given your individual timetable when you register..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending