The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3340
does ucl favour further maths? I'm predicted A* in maths and got A for AS so should i be ok?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3341
Original post by thegenius31416
Hi guys,

Had a really busy summer and a fair amount to do back at school so haven't really had time for posting. But I'm back now :biggrin:

Grades (damn Physics, 1 UMS off an A! :angry:) and universities/courses in my signature.

Thanks to you two for your concern over my disappearance! :wink:

You're finally back :h:

Don't worry about your B in Physics, your results are amazing! Well done :smile:

Nearly ready to apply? :smile:
Original post by wachno
does ucl favour further maths? I'm predicted A* in further maths and got A for AS so should i be ok?

What do you think, huh?
Economics at Birmingham, yay or a nay?
Original post by Tateco
You're finally back :h:

Don't worry about your B in Physics, your results are amazing! Well done :smile:

Nearly ready to apply? :smile:

Yep, it's been quite a long time, sorry! I did some awesome work experience this summer at a macroeconomics consultancy and I could really see myself in a place like that some day. Everyone spoke at least one foreign language too! I have to go get myself an Economics degree :cool:

Ah, I wasn't happy at first but I think I've just about accepted it now. Still, to be 0.33% off is a little annoying.

Your results are even more amazing, well done! Good luck with your Cambridge application.

Haha, nowhere near. Got loads to do on my personal statement. Fortunately though, I'm not early entry so got plenty of time to make it perfect.
Reply 3345
Original post by wachno
does ucl favour further maths? I'm predicted A* in further maths and got A for AS so should i be ok?

Original post by -Illmatic-
What do you think, huh?

Some questions are just beyond me :facepalm:
Reply 3346
Original post by Tateco
Some questions are just beyond me :facepalm:

What do you think, huh?

S*** massive typo guys. I meant predicted A* in maths, not further maths. sorry.
Need one of the Economics PS helpers to read my Personal Statement, is their any around on this thread? and how do i submit my PS to you?
Reply 3348
Original post by thegenius31416
Yep, it's been quite a long time, sorry! I did some awesome work experience this summer at a macroeconomics consultancy and I could really see myself in a place like that some day. Everyone spoke at least one foreign language too! I have to go get myself an Economics degree :cool:

Ah, I wasn't happy at first but I think I've just about accepted it now. Still, to be 0.33% off is a little annoying.

Your results are even more amazing, well done! Good luck with your Cambridge application.

Haha, nowhere near. Got loads to do on my personal statement. Fortunately though, I'm not early entry so got plenty of time to make it perfect.

Wow that sounds amazing! How did you go about getting that kind of work experience? Going to be amazing for your personal statement!

You can always get it mentioned in your reference, but you did 5 AS levels so it doesn't matter one bit :smile:

Ah yes, the benefits of the late deadline, fortunately mine is pretty much done now...
Is anyone applying for a BA in economics? I went to Durham last year and I left and am reapplying for economics this year. When I was at Durham there was a lot of anger about them only offering a BA course which is restricting them, anyone got any views on this?

Secondly, im reapplying as I say, hoping to get AAA (already got 300 points) so has anyone got any advice for where to apply? Do you think universities are gonna be a bit more flexible regarding the entry requirements now that the fees are rising so therell possibly be less applicants?
Reply 3350
Original post by hypercaine.
Is anyone applying for a BA in economics? I went to Durham last year and I left and am reapplying for economics this year. When I was at Durham there was a lot of anger about them only offering a BA course which is restricting them, anyone got any views on this?

Secondly, im reapplying as I say, hoping to get AAA (already got 300 points) so has anyone got any advice for where to apply? Do you think universities are gonna be a bit more flexible regarding the entry requirements now that the fees are rising so therell possibly be less applicants?

No.
Original post by Tateco
No.

LOL blunt but true :yes:
Reply 3352

Thought it did the job :sexface:
Original post by Tateco
Thought it did the job :sexface:

I'm guessing it did

:rofl:
Do you think Universities will reject you if you talk a lot about stuff like Game theory when they don't offer the optional module of game theory there?
Original post by miscellaneous123
Do you think Universities will reject you if you talk a lot about stuff like Game theory when they don't offer the optional module of game theory there?

Why would you talk about game theory, anyway :yawn:

On a serious note, they may think you aint compatible with their degree programme. If you make it subtle enough, you should be okay though
Reply 3356
Original post by miscellaneous123

Not reject, but it might make you look like you haven't researched their course.
Original post by Tateco
No.

How about the BA in economics, any supreme knowledge about that?

Unless you're looking at the lower end of the spectrum...>_>

...I don't see some universities surviving this change...
Reply 3359
Original post by hypercaine.
How about the BA in economics, any supreme knowledge about that?

What about it?

Original post by perrytheplatypus
Unless you're looking at the lower end of the spectrum...>_>

...I don't see some universities surviving this change...

I agree, I think a lot of the lower universities will really struggle. I personally would rather go straight into work than pay £27,000 and waste 3 years at a sub-standard university.

Latest

Trending

Trending