The Student Room Group

A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that doesn't make them biscuits

My friend won 10,000 pounds in the lottery, and now she's acting really stuck up and and wearing really fancy clothes, even Though her family is poor and she comes from a Working class background,

how do I make her come back down to earth! ?? She's avoiding her old friends
When that money eventually finishes, she'll come crawling.
Reply 2
10,000 isn't really THAT much is it? By lottery standards anyway. But she will fall to earth with a bang don't you worry.
Reply 3
Original post by Bektas
When that money eventually finishes, she'll come crawling.

I don't think lack of money will affect her ability to walk but okay, thanks any ways :s-smilie:
Reply 4
The title :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Elwyn
10,000 isn't really THAT much is it? By lottery standards anyway. But she will fall to earth with a bang don't you worry.

She lives in a first floor apartment if she falls it won't be much of bang, but okay, thank anyways.. :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Haha. Reminds me of the family guy episode I just watched.

Yeah it's only 10,000. It won't last her long. How can anyone feel the need to be obnoxious with that. It most certainly isn't life changing.
Reply 7
Maybe she realised that you are a jerk that judges people on their social class and financial status?
10 grand? Not a huge amount really, I wouldn't change for that amount... or for any amount come to think of it!
Original post by Besakt
The title :lolwut:

Exactly what I thought!! I mean where does it fit in?? :lolwut:
Love the name of this thread :biggrin:

I guess as everyone so far has said, just let her have her fun. As she's from a poor background, having that amount of money probably went to her head. The 10,000 won't last her long and then she'll be back.
Original post by TheQuietOne
Love the name of this thread :biggrin:

i dont get the thread title :confused:
Reply 12
Original post by Computerised
i dont get the thread title :confused:

It means just because you act like or say you are something, it doesn't mean you are this thing.
Original post by Snippetor
It means just because you act like or say you are something, it doesn't mean you are this thing.

Ohh, The English language is vague. I read that as "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that does not provide them with biscuits" rather than "a cat can have kittens in the oven, but that does not mean that they are biscuits"

Quick Reply

Latest