The Student Room Group

Job interview for the Odeon

Hello! On Tuesday I have an interview for a part-time job at an Odeon cinema as a team member. I was just wondering what sort of interview questions I should expect and whether they usually do group or individual interviews?

Also, does anyone know what the pay is like? :tongue:

Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 1
"What was the last film you watched?"

"What did you like about it?"

"What didn't you like XXX and XXX?" (Be wary that the interviewer has a high chance of knowing what film you are talking about, for obvious reasons)

"What can you bring to our company?"

"Do you have any cash handling/customer experience?" (Normally used to see what area you belong such as Box Office, Concessions or Floor Staff)

The pay is probably minimum wage for a new person, with free popcorn and movies per week.

*I worked in another cinema company for 5 years (part time)*
Reply 2
Original post by KateMP
Hello! On Tuesday I have an interview for a part-time job at an Odeon cinema as a team member. I was just wondering what sort of interview questions I should expect and whether they usually do group or individual interviews?

I think you might be at the same interview as me O.O Metrocentre?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by L3mon
"What was the last film you watched?"

"What did you like about it?"

"What didn't you like XXX and XXX?" (Be wary that the interviewer has a high chance of knowing what film you are talking about, for obvious reasons)

"What can you bring to our company?"

"Do you have any cash handling/customer experience?" (Normally used to see what area you belong such as Box Office, Concessions or Floor Staff)

The pay is probably minimum wage for a new person, with free popcorn and movies per week.

*I worked in another cinema company for 5 years (part time)*

Thank you, that's really helpful :biggrin: Now I just have to work out how to explain my love for LOTR...

Original post by Sendaii
I think you might be at the same interview as me O.O Metrocentre?

Haha, yesss! Good luck ;D
Reply 4
Original post by KateMP
Haha, yesss! Good luck ;D

You too. Coincidence and a half that one O.O
Reply 5
Original post by KateMP

Minimum wage.

I've worked in 3 cinemas.

I wouldn't expect free popcorn, you may get a discount on it though. And yes, free tickets.
Reply 6
Original post by Sendaii
You too. Coincidence and a half that one O.O

Failed miserably. </3 After they told me I'd have to work 'til 3am I kinda stopped trying...

Did you get through to the next stage?
Reply 7
Original post by KateMP

Original post by KateMP
Failed miserably. &lt;/3 After they told me I'd have to work 'til 3am I kinda stopped trying...

:knuddel:
Reply 8
Original post by *hakz*
:knuddel:

<3 thank you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by KateMP
Failed miserably. </3 After they told me I'd have to work 'til 3am I kinda stopped trying...

Nope :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Sendaii
Nope :frown:

Their loss man.

Also, I failed to see the relevance of the plane crash task!?

Out of interest, who were you? I was the girl with the curly dark hair who barely said anything, haha.
Reply 11
Original post by KateMP
Their loss man.

Also, I failed to see the relevance of the plane crash task!?

Out of interest, who were you? I was the girl with the curly dark hair who barely said anything, haha.

I was wearing a black jacket, a white shirt, glasses and jeans. I didn't even get to the group interview stage cos I wouldn't be able to go to the induction cos of work and college -.-
Reply 12
Original post by Sendaii
I was wearing a black jacket, a white shirt, glasses and jeans. I didn't even get to the group interview stage cos I wouldn't be able to go to the induction cos of work and college -.-

Oh, I didn't see you then :tongue: The group interview was awful. You didn't miss much.

Yeah, they looked really puzzled when I said I wouldn't be able to work until 3am because of sixth form! But I lied and said I'd do it so I could get to the interview, haha..
Reply 13
Original post by KateMP
Oh, I didn't see you then :tongue: The group interview was awful. You didn't miss much.

Yeah, they looked really puzzled when I said I wouldn't be able to work until 3am because of sixth form! But I lied and said I'd do it so I could get to the interview, haha..

If it was anything like other group interviews I've been to, it would have been both bewildering and degrading.
Reply 14
Original post by Sendaii
If it was anything like other group interviews I've been to, it would have been both bewildering and degrading.

I can confirm that it was!
Reply 15
How did you get a job there? Was their a vacancy online or something?
Reply 16
Original post by KateMP
I can confirm that it was!

No surprises there then...
Reply 17
Original post by okeefematt

Vacancies were advertised on their site.
Reply 18
Original post by okeefematt

I didn't get a job, wahhh.

But yeah, they advertise vacancies on their website :smile: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/odeon/Search.aspx
Reply 19
I'm going to their selection day on weds...what should i expect?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending