The Student Room Group

does anyone here actually love their job?

and i mean LOVE, or are we all just getting by? ive graduated, got the decent job that i craved for, with a decent pay, with decent hours but ive just fell in to that same old feckin routine again. im always looking at the clock to see when i can go home.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes I love my job, I get a much-higher-than-average hourly rate, plus service, plus cash tips. I also meet interesting people. I have a high degree of responsibility so if I don't like an aspect about my job I have the power to do something about it.
Reply 2
I feel the same way...i get bored so easily that i don't know how i'm going to work full time, at the same job, for most of my life

shoot me now:shot:

Let me stay in uni forever....
Original post by AmusedDouche
and i mean LOVE, or are we all just getting by? ive graduated, got the decent job that i craved for, with a decent pay, with decent hours but ive just fell in to that same old feckin routine again. im always looking at the clock to see when i can go home.

most of the jobs we stick to are not made to be loved```
Reply 4
Yes
Reply 5
''Pick a job you love and you never have to work a day in your life''.......

One of the best quotes ever made :smile:
I love MOST things about my job; great colleagues, love my working hours, tasks really vary so it doesn't get repetitive, I enjoy most of what I have to do, opportunities to take on roles with more responsibility but no obligation to, boss is happy for me to revise/ read/ shop online when I have some free time and I do kind of get to learn as much as I want in the field of my work.

Things not so great: the pay isn't fab and progression doesn't go very far.
I've only ever had one job I didn't always like. The others have all been amazing :smile:
Nobody can physically love their job unless they work on an island :P But from an economic perspective a "job" doesnt necessarily mean you get all the benefits you put in, out of it. I.e somebody wont employ you unless they get a better deal, this is based on pure monetary terms.

However say if your a teacher and you love your job because you like seeing children smile then maybe.
I work part time at the moment. When I'm walking to work sometimes I hope a bus will hit me. I love it that much.

I have no soul anymore, dang call centres.
I love mine :smile:
Original post by Nana_A
''Pick a job you love and you never have to work a day in your life''.......

One of the best quotes ever made :smile:

Sadly thats unrealistic

Edit: Negged, obviously I was wrong, I apologize for that. Infact it is realistic for people to just pick a job they love, head off to la la land and live happily ever after. I'd love to become prime minister. So never fear, all I have to do is use my initiative, fend off my 1000s of competitors, and I'll be the most popular person in history, so much so that people will vote for me forever, allowing me to be in the job I love and hence I would never have to work a day in my life. Awww reality, I love you sooo much!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
I love my job!!
After graduating from uni, got a job in a good law firm, work 2 minutes from the London Thames,
It's a dream come true. Excellent Pay for my first job, I'm just getting accustomed to the wealth of people around me
Reply 13
I think happiness comes from within, you don't need to let your job dictate your happiness.
Original post by bartender
Yes I love my job, I get a much-higher-than-average hourly rate, plus service, plus cash tips. I also meet interesting people. I have a high degree of responsibility so if I don't like an aspect about my job I have the power to do something about it.

Are you a bartender?
Original post by Bill_Gates
Nobody can physically love their job unless they work on an island :P But from an economic perspective a "job" doesnt necessarily mean you get all the benefits you put in, out of it. I.e somebody wont employ you unless they get a better deal, this is based on pure monetary terms.

However say if your a teacher and you love your job because you like seeing children smile then maybe.

If you live in the UK you are on an island but it still feels like work.
Reply 16
When I've done Uni, and I go into riding full time for an international team, I'll adore it just as much as I do riding.

As I've already done paid work involving biking, and my passion for it on the whole, yeah its a job I want to do until my body wont physically allow me to do it anymore. :yep:
Original post by k9markiii
If you live in the UK you are on an island but it still feels like work.

Tropical Island* :P
YES I LOVE MY WORK!!!

nice wage (well i think it is so anyway),
flexible with what hours i do,which means i've been able to start doing a second postgraduate degree,
is interesting work,
a manager who is actually not bitchy female at all,
my boyfriend works here and is part of my work team,
and i was recently given a car as part of a performance related bonus...... what is there to not like <3
Reply 19
i think it's hard for most people to love their job because no matter how appealing it is to you personally you're gonna be doing it 40 hours a week. for most people that will always become monotonous. it's life though i guess and in fairness 4 months doing nothing but chilling over the summer became monotonous too, so i might as well do something i'm getting paid for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending