The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
thank you. yes it was lovely. gorgeous weather - it seems I've brought it back with me too as we are predicted 25-28 degrees by midweek in the UK! *jiggles happily*.

We went out to the handmade burger co. for Jason's birthday, and today Lydia had some friends over for a mini party. She only invited 3 kids from school but we ended up with half the neighbourhood in our house regardless!

We're thinking of getting a puppy. eek! Going to have a look at some tomorrow. Lhasa Apso cross Papillon. There are two girls left from the litter. I'm exited but kind of terrified!

How was the puppy?? Does the face look more Lhassa Apso or Papillon in shape? We took on a Schnauzer a few months back. DD loves her dog. Have fun training the puppy not to poo on the carpets :biggrin: First time keeping dogs or?

I heard a lot of good things about the handmade burger co, always wanted to try it out when I'm in Birmingham, but never got the chance... is it as good as the crowds and reviews make them out to be?

Unfortunately for me, I will miss what is most likely going to be the last good British weather days for the year, whole week in Zurich, predicted to have nice weather too but I will be in class 8-5 Tue-Thurs :frown: hehehehehe but its ok, get to hang out with one cute Italian woman with a really nice Italian car :biggrin:
Original post by Erich Hartmann
How was the puppy?? Does the face look more Lhassa Apso or Papillon in shape? We took on a Schnauzer a few months back. DD loves her dog. Have fun training the puppy not to poo on the carpets :biggrin: First time keeping dogs or?

I heard a lot of good things about the handmade burger co, always wanted to try it out when I'm in Birmingham, but never got the chance... is it as good as the crowds and reviews make them out to be?

Unfortunately for me, I will miss what is most likely going to be the last good British weather days for the year, whole week in Zurich, predicted to have nice weather too but I will be in class 8-5 Tue-Thurs :frown: hehehehehe but its ok, get to hang out with one cute Italian woman with a really nice Italian car :biggrin:

cute dog is cute :biggrin:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299941_10100285291746829_197812287_56720101_1209156490_n.jpg

handmade burger co was delicious yes. burger was huge though I couldn't finish it. Very tasty though. I had a cheese and bacon barbecue beef burger. DH had cheese and bacon barbecue chicken one.
Reply 542
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/299941_10100285291746829_197812287_56720101_1209156490_n.jpg

handmade burger co was delicious yes. burger was huge though I couldn't finish it. Very tasty though. I had a cheese and bacon barbecue beef burger. DH had cheese and bacon barbecue chicken one.

Awwwww cute dog is indeed cute!!! :biggrin:

Awww... the doggy look so adorable. Got a name yet?

I must give that place a try the next time I'm there.
Hey guys, sorry to appear out of the blue with this but I'm not sure where to go for advice and I feel you lot are probably my best source of wisdom. (Please excuse the Anon - I'm not ready for people to know my situation yet. :frown: )

I was advised by my doctors that I had very strong signs of a miscarriage - but I was adamant that I couldn't have been pregnant and so stupidly ignored their warnings. The past two days I've looked back on my pill diary and noted that I did indeed miss two pills in a row (because I was ill, chances are I wouldn't have digested either of them properly and I took note of this) around two months ago, and had various signs and symptoms of pregnancy including a very late very light period. I'm a bit at a loss of what to do and I'm devastated. Should I go back to the doctors, is there anyway for them to confirm if a miscarriage has occurred two weeks ago?

Please excuse my ignorance, I have no one to turn to and can't think straight. I'm in a committed long term relationship but he is equally at a loss.
Original post by Erich Hartmann
Awww... the doggy look so adorable. Got a name yet?

I must give that place a try the next time I'm there.

her name is Fluffy. She'll be 9 weeks old on Saturday. :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, sorry to appear out of the blue with this but I'm not sure where to go for advice and I feel you lot are probably my best source of wisdom. (Please excuse the Anon - I'm not ready for people to know my situation yet. :frown: )

I was advised by my doctors that I had very strong signs of a miscarriage - but I was adamant that I couldn't have been pregnant and so stupidly ignored their warnings. The past two days I've looked back on my pill diary and noted that I did indeed miss two pills in a row (because I was ill, chances are I wouldn't have digested either of them properly and I took note of this) around two months ago, and had various signs and symptoms of pregnancy including a very late very light period. I'm a bit at a loss of what to do and I'm devastated. Should I go back to the doctors, is there anyway for them to confirm if a miscarriage has occurred two weeks ago?

Please excuse my ignorance, I have no one to turn to and can't think straight. I'm in a committed long term relationship but he is equally at a loss.

I'll be totally honest I don't know very much about miscarriages, so I don't know whether there are any tests that can be done to determine whether or not you had a miscarriage a fortnight ago. I'm very sorry you're going through this though *big hugs*. I'd say the only thing to do is to phone the surgery and make some enquiries.
Reply 547
her name is Fluffy. She'll be 9 weeks old on Saturday. :biggrin:

Thats weird, I was originally going to say that I thought the puppy was a ball of fluff!!.I know she will be an asset to your family and a very much loved member too.
I'll be totally honest I don't know very much about miscarriages, so I don't know whether there are any tests that can be done to determine whether or not you had a miscarriage a fortnight ago. I'm very sorry you're going through this though *big hugs*. I'd say the only thing to do is to phone the surgery and make some enquiries.

I am the same, all I would think is please go to the Doctors and get it confirmed. If by any chance it has been incomplete or ectopic, it could make you quite ill. Alwys best to get it checked by a Doctor. I am really sorry hun xxx
I hasten to add this is most likely not your case x
Reply 550

Actually the same thing happened to me last month. I nearly posted here but I figured I was being paranoid.

Err guys, this is going to sound ignorant, but: what if that is what happened? So what? Would that lead to health problems? Because if not, is it wrong to just... not care? On the pill, don't want to be pregnant, I'm not, so: good?

I'm making this anon to give advice to the best of my ability, although a couple on here will know who I am anyway.

I had a miscarriage in December, and have been trying to get pregnant pretty much ever since. Two months ago I experienced exactly what you described, and I assumed that it was a miscarriage even though I had not got a positive pregnancy test yet (hadn't taken one, didn't want to "burst the bubble").

I didn't go to the doctor, which was silly of me, and never told a soul other than my best friend who was unsympathetic and said my period was probably just late (which NEVER happens to me).

You should go back to the doctor and have yourself checked out to make sure you're okay and that there aren't any complications. Chances are it wasn't a miscarriage, but I know just how heartbreaking it is to think that it might be. Losing my baby has honestly destroyed my life, but it's so hard to talk to people about it as they don't understand why it's affecting me so much.

Anyway- I hope you're okay and that you get it sorted out. I know it's hard. xx
Original post by Zenobia
Actually the same thing happened to me last month. I nearly posted here but I figured I was being paranoid.

Err guys, this is going to sound ignorant, but: what if that is what happened? So what? Would that lead to health problems? Because if not, is it wrong to just... not care? On the pill, don't want to be pregnant, I'm not, so: good?

I wonder how many miscarriages go unnoticed. In the past my period has been strange, heavy, late and ive never ever thought it was anything more then my period but now it makes me think. In terms of health complications, you would definately know if it were incomplete ectopic-my best friend has very sadly lost her third pregnancy in a row. each time has been agony, but this time was ectopic and it gave her extreme pain. I bet the majority of women who have suffered miscarriage go on and have normal subsequent pregnancies. I wouldnt worry Zenobia-None of your emotions are wrong nor right. I would imagine if you knew for sure, it would affect you but everyone is different. Having seen my bestest friend go through all this, my heart was breaking for her. Its horrendous and I feel so sorry for anyone who experiences it x
It is so bloody hard to talk to her about it. I know what i want to say but my words are off little comfort. particularly as she was only 2 weeks behind me. When my baby is born, she will be god mother but i cant help but feel terrible. my best friend has cancer and 2 children. because its a lymphoma they need to wait for it to devlop to effectively treat. this was her last chance, shes now found new growths in the lympth nodes and i think this is what we have been waiting for. Biopsys, appointments at QE Hosp in Birmingham
Reply 554
Original post by HerRoyalHighness
I wonder how many miscarriages go unnoticed. In the past my period has been strange, heavy, late and ive never ever thought it was anything more then my period but now it makes me think. In terms of health complications, you would definately know if it were incomplete ectopic-my best friend has very sadly lost her third pregnancy in a row. each time has been agony, but this time was ectopic and it gave her extreme pain. I bet the majority of women who have suffered miscarriage go on and have normal subsequent pregnancies. I wouldnt worry Zenobia-None of your emotions are wrong nor right. I would imagine if you knew for sure, it would affect you but everyone is different. Having seen my bestest friend go through all this, my heart was breaking for her. Its horrendous and I feel so sorry for anyone who experiences it x

Thanks ^^ I really don't mean to be insensitive of course; actual miscarriages can be so horrible and I really empathize. I just had to ask.
Original post by Zenobia
Thanks ^^ I really don't mean to be insensitive of course; actual miscarriages can be so horrible and I really empathize. I just had to ask.

Exactly. Dont worry- nothing you have said or feel is wrong or insensitive x
Reply 556
sorry hun I didn't mean to scare you - it was like that for me but that doesn't mean it's like that for everyone. It's a personal thing xx

No worries. You know what us preggos are like. Hormones = overworry.

PMP how are you with slings? I would like to use one with the next baba (especially for breastfeeding on the move)
Original post by Tufts
No worries. You know what us preggos are like. Hormones = overworry.

PMP how are you with slings? I would like to use one with the next baba (especially for breastfeeding on the move)

I tried just clip together carriers, like the ones you buy from mothercare, your basic standard carrier, as opposed to a SLING sling if you know what I mean, and I found them awkward to fasten. After that I did want to try a more natural looking sling type that people praise so highly, or a wrap around tie thing, but I never got around to buying one. I already had prams so it seemed like extra to fork out money-wise so I didn't bother.
Ive read there has beens everal baby death in traditonal slings, because baba has been suffocated.
Reply 559
I tried just clip together carriers, like the ones you buy from mothercare, your basic standard carrier, as opposed to a SLING sling if you know what I mean, and I found them awkward to fasten. After that I did want to try a more natural looking sling type that people praise so highly, or a wrap around tie thing, but I never got around to buying one. I already had prams so it seemed like extra to fork out money-wise so I didn't bother.

I like the idea of putting the newborn in a sling so he can help himself to boob whenever we're out and about.

btw I have a question about co-sleeping. I've just bought one of those "bedside cribs" that attaches directly to the bed. They're designed to be useful for nighttime breastfeeds. The theory is that you sleep close to the baby and they can help themselves to boob through the night without waking you too much. I can see how this would work with the boob closest to the crib, but what about the other one? For instance I will be attaching the crib to the right-hand side of the bed and lying on my right. So baba can have easy access to right boob. But the left boob will still be hard to reach. :confused: Does this mean I'll still have to lift baby and place him on the left for the left boob?

Quick Reply

Latest