Scroll to see replies

Original post by cz100
No problem.
Im still no closer and deadline is this week :s-smilie:

Oh dear..

Good luck in deciding :redface:
Original post by Rocketeeer
8% on UKCAT which is really small....:frown::frown:

Unless 'Deen interview everyone, UKCAT affects more than 8% of the application in getting an interview. It affects 8% of the overall app (with 45% coming from interview), but not counting interview UKCAT is in the mid teens of affecting-ness. :dontknow:
Reply 7422
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Only the one's you're thinking of applying to..

Yeeh that's what I meant lol :P I checked this morning and I think they're the same.
I have AAABB at higher at the moment (waiting on a appeal for one of them) and a ukcat score of 640. Do i have a chance of getting into medicine? I know a girl who got in nottingham last year with the exact same grades.. what unis do you think i have a chance in?
Original post by Erotas
Yeeh that's what I meant lol :P I checked this morning and I think they're the same.

I did core and additional too, that's what the unis class as double award :smile:
Reply 7425
Original post by oHellno
I did core and additional too, that's what the unis class as double award :smile:

Oh great! Thank you for letting me know :smile:
Hi everyone :smile:
I'm applying to Lancaster, Leicester, Keele and Manchester with 4A*s, 5As and a B at GCSE; a 680 in UKCAT; A*A*A predictions; plus voluntary service and work experience.
Do you think I am applying to places I have a chance of being interviewed at? :/
not for Lancaster
Reply 7428
Is anybody else finding when they give their personal statement into different teachers they get different responses on what to write and how to style and structure the PS.
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
Is anybody else finding when they give their personal statement into different teachers they get different responses on what to write and how to style and structure the PS.

Yep. Some teachers were even telling me to give names of the places I did work exp/volunteering while most just said not too. A lot of teachers don't actually know what a medicine personal statement should be like so their advice isn't great. Plus everyone has different opinions, showing lots of people just gets confusing, especially when they don't know what they're talking about.
I find what is ideal is to only show it to two/three teachers. My personal tutor, an English teacher and a senior management UCAS guy. That was everyone who's doing it knows what they're on about. (Obviously I've got feedback from parents, med students and peers as well).
Reply 7431
Original post by Straight up G
I find what is ideal is to only show it to two/three teachers. My personal tutor, an English teacher and a senior management UCAS guy. That was everyone who's doing it knows what they're on about. (Obviously I've got feedback from parents, med students and peers as well).

I know but I've only given it to 3 teachers my tutor, my head of year, and UCAS co ordinator.
And the responses have been completely different my tutor completely crossed something out then the UCAS co ordinator said he doesn't know what he is on about and to include it.
My parents haven't had a look at it they would be useless anyway, and peers are not much help as they just say "looks good to me" even when I say be highly critical of it.
Reply 7432

So did you see me on Sunday? :laugh:

UKCAT on Friday :redface: Am going to fail so bad :sad:

I think I'm going to apply to: Oxford, Imperial, Barts and Liverpool :smile:
Reply 7433
Original post by Revent

do you have a really good bmat?

Original post by .eXe

BMAT is on 2nd of November he wouldn't know :P
Original post by Revent

Haha, do I know you? Which group were you in and if in A, what candidate number? PM me haha
Reply 7436
Haha, do I know you? Which group were you in and if in A, what candidate number? PM me haha

53 :p:

Original post by .eXe

Hopefully, I shall :wink:
Reply 7437
so wait, I dunno much about the bmat so Im just asking.

So if you plan to write the bmat on Nov 2, you have to include the bmat universities by oct 15, after which you cant change your choices.

so, if you somehow bomb the bmat, you just wasted a bunch of bmat choices.

is this correct?

Original post by .eXe
so wait, I dunno much about the bmat so Im just asking.

So if you plan to write the bmat on Nov 2, you have to include the bmat universities by oct 15, after which you cant change your choices.

so, if you somehow bomb the bmat, you just wasted a bunch of bmat choices.

is this correct?

yes, which is why applying to more than two bmat unis is very very risky.
Reply 7439
oh wow, this makes me respect people who get into Oxbridge/kings so much more lol

thats a hugeee risk. I wish these schools accepted the MCAT :frown: It's so similar to the BMAT and I wouldn't have to take this massive risk.

sigh.

Latest

Trending

Trending