The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sickboy
Verbal reasoning tests from SHL seems pretty hard for me, I got 80%. Whats the score you need to get when applying for a job in IB?

None of the banks ... for SW asked for verbal tests... atleast not for me. :wink:
Reply 261
Original post by Dumb Economist
None of the banks ... for SW asked for verbal tests... atleast not for me. :wink:

What do they ask for then?
Original post by Sickboy
What do they ask for then?

After online Numerical tests... invitation to AC where usually you need to go through a slightly harder Numerical test + Interviews with couple different people usually competency based + some technical based on what you have put on your CV. This for SW. :smile:
Reply 263
Original post by Dumb Economist
After online Numerical tests... invitation to AC where usually you need to go through a slightly harder Numerical test + Interviews with couple different people usually competency based + some technical based on what you have put on your CV. This for SW. :smile:

for spring weeks do they all ask for assessment centres or only some of them?
Original post by LawQC

Most of them...yes.
Morgan Stanley's program info is back up, though the dates are still those for last year.

http://www.morganstanley.co.uk/about/careers/careers/programs/articles/462707379.html
hey I'm studying engineering and would like to apply for spring weeks. I don't have previous experience in IB only retail, what sort of things can i put down in my covering letter and how can i learn more about IB, thanks
Reply 267
Guyssssssssssssssssssss
have you written your cover letters yet? What do they look likeee?
Reply 268
Hi,

My name is BeatFreak and I am currently studying [subject] at [university name]. I was introduced to your [programme name] at a Finance event and after speaking with [analyst name] I feel that a place like [bank name] would be a perfect way to start a career I have a real passion in.

I am a decisive and determined person, who doesn't need to follow directions word for word and am independent in thought - all characteristics I believe will thrive in [company name].

I look forward to speaking to you about the [programme name] and am attaching my CV for your information.

Best Wishes,
BeatFreak
Original post by LawQC

CS didn't last year. They also had verbal reasoning as far as I remember.
Has anybody actually sent out apps for most banks or are people waiting?
Original post by woods.vanessa

I'm gonna start preparing/applying during my reading week (early November). My uni workload is ridiculous...

Still waiting - probably start typing cover letters soon after freshers' flu disappears and workload becomes manageable. JP Morgan's site still doesn't let me apply for their spring week programme - is it just me or has anyone else commenced this application already?
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
I'm gonna start preparing/applying during my reading week (early November). My uni workload is ridiculous...

Yeah same! Its all getting too much :frown:
Ill probably wait till then too mainly because I don't have much to put on my CV lol! Which banks are you applying too? All of the BBs Im assuming ...
Original post by dogmatichurricane
Still waiting - probably start typing cover letters soon after freshers' flu disappears and workload becomes manageable. JP Morgan's site still doesn't let me apply for their spring week programme - is it just me or has anyone else commenced this application already?

I havnt started my applications at all! I need to beef up my CV first if Im going to stand a chance lol
Yeah same! Its all getting too much :frown:
Ill probably wait till then too mainly because I don't have much to put on my CV lol! Which banks are you applying too? All of the BBs Im assuming ...

I can't really think of anything extra you'll be able to add to your CV between now and November!

I'm going to apply everywhere pretty much (as well as any 1st yr opportunities in big 4 finance, consultancy etc). Haven't really thought it out too much though. Tbh I just want some sort of corporate work experience to beef up my CV and use up my time - my dream job atm is some sort of work in international development - that'll require a top Master's so I need to get a 1st - and my course is notoriously hard when it comes to getting 1st's...all this IB/finance/consultancy lark is my backup lol
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
I can't really think of anything extra you'll be able to add to your CV between now and November!

I'm going to apply everywhere pretty much (as well as any 1st yr opportunities in big 4 finance, consultancy etc). Haven't really thought it out too much though. Tbh I just want some sort of corporate work experience to beef up my CV and use up my time - my dream job atm is some sort of work in international development - that'll require a top Master's so I need to get a 1st - and my course is notoriously hard when it comes to getting 1st's...all this IB/finance/consultancy lark is my backup lol

Of course there are things you can add ! E.g. becoming part of student council, student reps, starting a volunteering project etc etc!
Yeah Ill probably apply to Big 4 too. I'm not very hopeful of getting a spring week I know how competitive they are but I may aswell try!
So I have decided to join this thread

I am quite new to the idea of IB, but it is a possible career path that I might take. Somebody said to me that I should consider applying for a "spring week" to get a taster within the area but I'm not sure how to go about this. Questions I would want to know is:

Do the favour certain unis over others?
What would I need to submit?
Would I need to do an interview?

I know these seem like really basic questions, but as I said earlier I am still new to the idea. thanks :smile:
Reply 278
Yes
CV
Yes
Reply 279
Original post by I'mSet
Yes
CV/CL
Yes

Fixed.

Latest

Trending