The Student Room Group

University and GCSE's

Hey i was just wondering how universities see gcse btecs..

i did a btec which apparently accounted to 4 gcse's. i acheived the distinction star and this is meant to be classed as 4A*. However i dont know exactly how universities see this and whether they count it towards gaining A*s/As.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Most don't care as long as you get to college... which you need 5 A*-C for most. Even then I don't think they care much about GCSE grades it's more about As grades and predicted grades
Reply 2
Original post by MoneyOverEverythin
Hey i was just wondering how universities see gcse btecs..

i did a btec which apparently accounted to 4 gcse's. i acheived the distinction star and this is meant to be classed as 4A*. However i dont know exactly how universities see this and whether they count it towards gaining A*s/As.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

Btec's are equivalent to GCSE's but aren't really to be honest
Same sort of situation as OP here, got a BTec D* equivalent to two A*s.
I've been told that the only way to check is to contact the uni directly and see if they accept it :smile:
so when it comes to applying to unis such as LSE, would it count towards having A*s or not?
Reply 5
Original post by MoneyOverEverythin
so when it comes to applying to unis such as LSE, would it count towards having A*s or not?

They would use it in their selection process yes, but this is not the only factor.
Reply 6
Wow I got D*s in a IT/PE and don't even count them as a C.
BTECs do **** all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending