The Student Room Group

how flexible are unis with predicted grades...

im worried i may not get the predicted grades i need to get into uni, however it may be just one off the minimum requirements....eg: SOAS want AAA, will they or any uni consider my app even if i get predicted AAB or ABB? something like that...
Reply 1
Original post by hazal
im worried i may not get the predicted grades i need to get into uni, however it may be just one off the minimum requirements....eg: SOAS want AAA, will they or any uni consider my app even if i get predicted AAB or ABB? something like that...

they are quite strong on it because there will be loads of other people predicted AAA and so they "might" think they are a stronger candidate.

Lucky for some, next year the Government are scrapping this predicted grade ****, and when people get their A2 results in the summer, they apply for a place after that, and if they get a place, start in Jan/Feb, which I think, is much better.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Young
they are quite strong on it because there will be loads of other people predicted AAA and so they "might" think they are a stronger candidate.

Lucky for some, next year the Government are scrapping this predicted grade ****, and when people get their A2 results in the summer, they apply for a place after that, and if they get a place, start in Jan/Feb, which I think, is much better.

oh i see :/ i thought if they didnt see the grades they want they wont even look at it(N) the subjects im doing are really good though like history maths and psychology...you think that might have an effect on their decision?
my friends were saying how i might get a conditional offer..
:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by hazal
oh i see :/ i thought if they didnt see the grades they want they wont even look at it(N) the subjects im doing are really good though like history maths and psychology...you think that might have an effect on their decision?
my friends were saying how i might get a conditional offer..
:smile:

mm very strong subjects there actually haha ;D
you may get a conditional offer tbh with you, what course are you doing? because if it's really competitive then it could be harder?

Also, try and focus on your PS, and make it outstanding, and you could be onto a winner!
and you don't even know what your predicted grades are yet do you? so stop worrying so much ;D maybe try and persuade your teachers you will do well etc... :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by hazal

I emailed Warwick about this, being predicted A*AB when the standard offer is AAA. They said I would be at a disadvantage but would be given an offer with a strong personal statement. So I got my teachers to predict me A*AA, even if it means I'm in for chemistry clinic every friday lunchtime for the rest of the year.

Also, second poster, what?!
Reply 5
Original post by Slovebeach
I emailed Warwick about this, being predicted A*AB when the standard offer is AAA. They said I would be at a disadvantage but would be given an offer with a strong personal statement. So I got my teachers to predict me A*AA, even if it means I'm in for chemistry clinic every friday lunchtime for the rest of the year.

Also, second poster, what?!

what you mean "what?!" haha!
you surprised about the Government scrapping the predicted grades scheme?
Reply 6
Original post by Daniellejo.
I thought that was just a proposal? :s-smilie:

I believe they are putting it into action in 2012, and I've read a few articles in the guardian about it and how it will save loads of money blah blah blaaaaaah.
Reply 7
They've only proposed it.

It hasn't been implemented yet.
Reply 8
Original post by *Hakz*
They've only proposed it.

It hasn't been implemented yet.

ahh okayyy sozz. better system anyways.
Reply 9
Not really, most courses start september so it's just a pain unless this means everyone gets a gap year or something (YAY)
Reply 10

mm very strong subjects there actually haha ;D
you may get a conditional offer tbh with you, what course are you doing? because if it's really competitive then it could be harder?

Also, try and focus on your PS, and make it outstanding, and you could be onto a winner!
and you don't even know what your predicted grades are yet do you? so stop worrying so much ;D maybe try and persuade your teachers you will do well etc... :tongue:

i see, i'm apllying for law so it's definatly competitive! :/ (N) i have a feeling i'll get predicted AAB so they better consider my app -_-

my PS is looking GREATTTTTT :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending