The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl

I know, 9am lectures kill me...

I've been programming in the office since 7:15... two years of 9am lectures haven't prepared me for this! :frown:

I feel left out of all this slightly creepy stalking... :<
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by EEngWillow
I've been programming in the office since 7:15... two years of 9am lectures haven't prepared me for this! :frown:

I feel left out of all this slightly creepy stalking... :&lt;

Ouch that is early! I think next year when I choose modules, time of day is gonna be a key factor unfortunately.
Ouch that is early! I think next year when I choose modules, time of day is gonna be a key factor unfortunately.

My module choice is slightly weirder...if it involves large amounts of maths, I'll pick it on the basis that I can do maths well, so I can almost certainly pass the module. :tongue:
Actual Electronics? Well...for a third year Electronics student, it turns out I don't know much about electronic circuits. :tongue:

(Definitely doing the wrong degree...) (Although I do love my course!)
My module choice is slightly weirder...if it involves large amounts of maths, I'll pick it on the basis that I can do maths well, so I can almost certainly pass the module. :tongue:
Actual Electronics? Well...for a third year Electronics student, it turns out I don't know much about electronic circuits. :tongue:

(Definitely doing the wrong degree...) (Although I do love my course!)

Ha ha well luckily I'm semi decent at all aspects of English Language, my preference would be to do less of the history and more of the modern stuff because a lot of it borders on psychology which I find really interesting :yep:

As long as you love your course that's good!
Ha ha well luckily I'm semi decent at all aspects of English Language, my preference would be to do less of the history and more of the modern stuff because a lot of it borders on psychology which I find really interesting :yep:

As long as you love your course that's good!

I somewhat wish that I'd continued English Language on from A-Level. (Also wish I'd taken Latin beyond GCSE, although I can't imagine I'd have any practical use for it in my career path...)
Reply 6805
Ec:11:7: Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun:
Original post by meatball893
On the subject of posting... [Well, I could say anything at this point, because it's in a post :rolleyes: ]

Sorry I don't post that often. I enjoy reading all of yours though! Anyway, here's a post:

Praise God that plans for freshers' week in my college appear to be coming together. (It's next week btw.) The JCR Exec. has been really helpful, and now I've finally sorted out (kind of) in my head what we're doing, it's now a matter of doing them.

Please pray that things would happen smoothly. Or that if they don't, it would somehow work out for God's glory. Pray that our CU would be bold and loving towards the freshers.

Please also pray that I would stop being tempted into sin :frown:

Prayer said for you :hugs:
I somewhat wish that I'd continued English Language on from A-Level. (Also wish I'd taken Latin beyond GCSE, although I can't imagine I'd have any practical use for it in my career path...)

I never took Eng Lang A Level so studying it at uni's been fab!

It's always good to know a dead language :yep:
I know who you are now as I know Adam :ninja:

I know, 9am lectures kill me...

that's fine, you still don't know me irl
Sitting doing maths in my room. The maths lecture this morning wasn't too great to be honest - basic matrices (which I get the feeling that most of the class have already studied) and the lecturer made a tonne of mistakes. I am trying hard not to judge him though, I'm sure he's a world-class mathematician who couldn't care less about teaching first years basic things like this. Even still....
Though actually I found in school that rubbish teachers were more of a motivation to study hard and make sure I understand it myself - it's easier to leave a class/lecture which was delivered well thinking "yeah I understand this" (when I actually don't).

In other news, I'm incredibly distracted by the fact that I know any minute now the fire siren will go of. It is incredibly loud and annoying and makes my ears hurt. A lot.
Original post by JB Johnstone
Sitting doing maths in my room. The maths lecture this morning wasn't too great to be honest - basic matrices (which I get the feeling that most of the class have already studied) and the lecturer made a tonne of mistakes. I am trying hard not to judge him though, I'm sure he's a world-class mathematician who couldn't care less about teaching first years basic things like this. Even still....
Though actually I found in school that rubbish teachers were more of a motivation to study hard and make sure I understand it myself - it's easier to leave a class/lecture which was delivered well thinking "yeah I understand this" (when I actually don't).

In other news, I'm incredibly distracted by the fact that I know any minute now the fire siren will go of. It is incredibly loud and annoying and makes my ears hurt. A lot.

Boring stuff like
[123456789][321546978][321546978][123456789]\begin{bmatrix} 1 & 2 & 3 \\4 & 5 & 6 \\7 & 8 & 9 \end{bmatrix}\begin{bmatrix} 3 & 2 & 1 \\5 & 4 & 6 \\9 & 7 & 8 \end{bmatrix} \neq \begin{bmatrix} 3 & 2 & 1 \\5 & 4 & 6 \\9 & 7 & 8 \end{bmatrix}\begin{bmatrix} 1 & 2 & 3 \\4 & 5 & 6 \\7 & 8 & 9 \end{bmatrix} ? :tongue:

greeneyedgirl
It's always good to know a dead language :yep:

It never sounds quite as good when phrased like that :tongue:
Original post by rainbowbex
that's fine, you still don't know me irl

Yet :colone:

Considering I'm studying Anglo-Saxon...
Considering I'm studying Anglo-Saxon...

Interesting? I miss Uni :frown: Only 9 months to go...
Interesting? I miss Uni :frown: Only 9 months to go...

Interesting indeed! Although a pain to learn, masculine, feminine and neuter, plus the case system...urgh!

Awww I reckon most engineers go through that though :yep:
hey all! I'm a noob to this forum so I don't really know what you guys use this thread for, but just wondering: has anyone watched "To Save A Life"? if so, what do you think about the movie?
Boring stuff like
[123456789][321546978][321546978][123456789]\begin{bmatrix} 1 & 2 & 3 \\4 & 5 & 6 \\7 & 8 & 9 \end{bmatrix}\begin{bmatrix} 3 & 2 & 1 \\5 & 4 & 6 \\9 & 7 & 8 \end{bmatrix} \neq \begin{bmatrix} 3 & 2 & 1 \\5 & 4 & 6 \\9 & 7 & 8 \end{bmatrix}\begin{bmatrix} 1 & 2 & 3 \\4 & 5 & 6 \\7 & 8 & 9 \end{bmatrix} ? :tongue:

Yes, that sort of thing.
In two lectures we have only just started discussing inverses.
Interesting indeed! Although a pain to learn, masculine, feminine and neuter, plus the case system...urgh!

Awww I reckon most engineers go through that though :yep:

Latin was similar - masculine, feminine, neuter. Imperfect, perfect and pluperfect past tenses, and don't get me started of cases. Ablative cases? Dative cases? I DON'T CARE, STOP CHANGING THE ENDING OF THE WORD. /rant

And yeah, a lot of my coursemates have similar feelings regarding uni. I'm really looking forward to my modules next year...especially the one on Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition (stuff like "How do you teach a computer how to do facial recognition?")

Original post by JB Johnstone
Yes, that sort of thing.
In two lectures we have only just started discussing inverses.

Well matrices are a fairly fundamental thing, so I guess they want to make sure everyone 'gets' them. (Since I don't know your background and how much you know about matrices; can you use matrices to derive that cos^2(x) + sin^2(x) = 1?)
Original post by desy.kris
hey all! I'm a noob to this forum so I don't really know what you guys use this thread for, but just wondering: has anyone watched &quot;To Save A Life&quot;? if so, what do you think about the movie?

Hi :smile: we use it to chat/have prayer requests/talk about Christian things/place for fellowship, it's all good :smile:

Never watched it

Latin was similar - masculine, feminine, neuter. Imperfect, perfect and pluperfect past tenses, and don't get me started of cases. Ablative cases? Dative cases? I DON'T CARE, STOP CHANGING THE ENDING OF THE WORD. /rant

And yeah, a lot of my coursemates have similar feelings regarding uni. I'm really looking forward to my modules next year...especially the one on Computer Vision &amp; Pattern Recognition (stuff like &quot;How do you teach a computer how to do facial recognition?&quot:wink:

I know, but in Anglo Saxon not only does the end of the word change, but the bit before the word does too... :facepalm: and then adjectives change depending on whether their strong or weak, and pronunciation changes kinda randomly

Ooo woah that sounds really interesting :yep:

No! I detested latin. My grammar school was a language college and I had to do a myriad of languages including latin and greek. I can admit I took a liking to greek as it was cool but I didn't like latin :no: I'm was so happy when I finished it. Though I do enjoy learning languages - only if it is something I want to do though, if I'm forced to do a language I end up resenting it :sigh:

Original post by desy.kris
hey all! I'm a noob to this forum so I don't really know what you guys use this thread for, but just wondering: has anyone watched &quot;To Save A Life&quot;? if so, what do you think about the movie?

We talk about anything. General talk/ prayer requests/ advice/ daily life etc. Feel free to join in :smile:

And no, I have never seen that :nah:
Reply 6819
Original post by rainbowbex
I searched Adam, put your education as UoB, year 2013, and location bristol - all your info was in your profile to see if I could find out who you were because I was abit 'I don't know any Adam's' but knew if you knew who I was we'd have friends in common and probably other christians and I have a large community of Brisxtians on facebook. :smile: I was a lil scared to start off tbh because there is stuff I post on TSR that I would never talk about IRL.

Yeah, I think I do, but I don't know her very well! haha, I've been in Bristol all summer, I came from Momentum back to here, I don't know about pre-fresh, it's miles away and I'm on placement. I'm gonna try to make it though, and if I do will definately say hello :smile:

P.S Are you going to see Rise Against? They are playing Bris in Nov.

Noooo I wish I'd known about Rise Against coming to Bris earlier! It's sold out. Would have loved to have come.

Yeh I need to change my profile somehow so it's a bit more private :/

Oh right, I'm based in Redland, whereabouts are you living?

Latest

Trending

Trending