The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i'm no superman
This BSc makes me want to cry already.

That bad?
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I actually thought what you said was quite interesting, having never done PBL it's not something I've ever really considered on a theoretical basis.

That would be because I'm hiding down at Mile End - made it down to BL for Toga (I still have the bruises to prove it) but nothing else just yet.

How did that go? Any hilarious wardrobe malfunctions?
Original post by Fission_Mailed
How did that go? Any hilarious wardrobe malfunctions?

A minor incident where the entire night bus saw my bra, but I'd cleverly colour-coordinated it to my toga so I'm not sure it was that obvious :colondollar:
A minor incident where the entire night bus saw my bra, but I'd cleverly colour-coordinated it to my toga so I'm not sure it was that obvious :colondollar:

That's using your noggin. Togas are a risky business.
That's using your noggin. Togas are a risky business.

It seemed I went for the conservative option with plain white. There was some interesting fabric choice on display...
It seemed I went for the conservative option with plain white. There was some interesting fabric choice on display...

Can't believe someone negged this. I'm sure you looked lovely. :ahee:
Can't believe someone negged this. I'm sure you looked lovely. :ahee:

If you have me on FB, you can see me with two other TSRs looking very lovely indeed (though one of them is leaning on me to stay upright and doesn't even recall the photos being taken :tongue:)

Yeh, very odd neg :s-smilie:
If you have me on FB, you can see me with two other TSRs looking very lovely indeed (though one of them is leaning on me to stay upright and doesn't even recall the photos being taken :tongue:)

Yeh, very odd neg :s-smilie:

Is that who I think it is? D'awwwwwwwwwww. Freshers. :biggrin:

Is it weird if I add you? :s-smilie:

Edit: Ah, that's who it was that negged you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5828
Original post by Kinkerz
I won't criticise (I don't think I criticised Wangers anyway) someone who logically points out its flaws having understood what it actually is. I'm not a militantly pro-PBL person, but I dislike lectures strongly.

I've seen timetables for traditional unis. When is the nap time? Nap time features very heavily in my days at the moment..
Original post by lekky
I've seen timetables for traditional unis. When is the nap time? Nap time features very heavily in my days at the moment..

Nap time is public health.
Is that who I think it is? D'awwwwwwwwwww. Freshers. :biggrin:

Is it weird if I add you? :s-smilie:

If you can find me, go ahead...
I actually thought what you said was quite interesting, having never done PBL it's not something I've ever really considered on a theoretical basis.

That would be because I'm hiding down at Mile End - made it down to BL for Toga (I still have the bruises to prove it) but nothing else just yet.

Toga sounded...interesting (according to my fb homepage on Sat morning). :p: Couldn't make it as I was working all weekend. :/

I will try and pop down sometime this week during lunch to see you and FFC who also seems to have now migrated to Mile End... :shifty:

It's actually quite sad we've all been split up this year - I'm in Whitechapel with one friend doing the same bsc, ditto for FFC at Mile End, and the rest of our friends will be starting firms at different hopitals and stuff. :sad:
Original post by Medicine Man
Toga sounded...interesting (according to my fb homepage on Sat morning). :p: Couldn't make it as I was working all weekend. :/

I will try and pop down sometime this week during lunch to see you and FFC who also seems to have now migrated to Mile End... :shifty:

It's actually quite sad we've all been split up this year - I'm in Whitechapel with one friend doing the same bsc, ditto for FFC at Mile End, and the rest of our friends will be starting firms at different hopitals and stuff. :sad:

I should meet you pretty soon anyway - iBSc party is next week!

Is your timetable pretty heavy or not? I have Tue, Wed, Thu off for most of this semester... (though am supposed to be fitting a dissertation project into one of those days), seems such a massive difference from being on placement 8-5 every day!
Nap time is public health.

Ugh we have a whole module on public health disguised as Health and Disease in Populations.

Actually someone cancelled meeting up for lunch with us on Monday :colonhash:

I've just looked at this photo :p:

And the comments from the three of you :ahee:

/stalking :ninja:
Reply 5836
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Or if that's too complex:

hahah that was brilliant

still much to complex for me; this is much easier...

I got to extract a cerebellum yesterday! my maladroit sausage fingers made a mess of the job tho, it's very snug inside the posterior fossa

lemon: the easiest is by far global health. "haemoholiday" is more like a pre-war butlin's now after Prof Bain overheard the nickname, and doubled the number of lectures

having said that, not much point doing a BSc in global health when you're at a great research institution - it's hard work reading papers but only for a year and already the depth they go into is very interesting
I should meet you pretty soon anyway - iBSc party is next week!

Is your timetable pretty heavy or not? I have Tue, Wed, Thu off for most of this semester... (though am supposed to be fitting a dissertation project into one of those days), seems such a massive difference from being on placement 8-5 every day!

Oh right...that "party". The one we all HAVE to attend. :shifty:

Tbh, I have today off too. And it's sunny. Double win.

Original post by FFCrusader
Actually someone cancelled meeting up for lunch with us on Monday :colonhash:

:colondollar:

Though to be fair, we'd have had to leave as soon as we got there.
Oh right...that "party". The one we all HAVE to attend. :shifty:

Tbh, I have today off too. And it's sunny. Double win.

:colondollar:

I have no objections to being told to attend a compulsory event with free wine and food :awesome:

Hmm. Day off, sunshine, and I'm stuck indoors writing out CVs and covering letters :sigh:
Hi guys :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending