The Student Room Group

Heatwave in late september

as the weather is expected to reach about 28/29 degree in some parts of the UK other will have 19/20/21 degrees

who thinks its wrong to have this sort of weather, right now, that is why we have summer to have this temperatures, around this time we should have about 15/14 degrees

over the past few week i haven't notice the temperture dropping at all only around 12/15 degree
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Gotta love British weather.
Reply 2
I don't think it is odd that we have this kind of weather now. I can remember in 1988 in September-October time walking home from high school in the scorching heat; much more hotter than it is today.
Reply 3
I don't, I like warm weather.
Reply 4
Chill. The weather's just throwing a tantrum. It'll be cold and miserable again in no time. :colonhash:
Reply 5
Stupid bi-polar weather.
Reply 6
i just hope we have another severe winter storm with heavy sleet and snow and have temperatures dropping to -4/-6 degrees
Why would it be wrong?? Most people are enjoying the sunshine like myself :cool:

Weather is always such a random thing in this country anyway
Reply 8
I read somewhere that we are meant to be getting snow and lots of it from next month/November time.I think the weather is strange!!
Reply 9
I'm actually getting a sweat on right now typing this. It's crazy weather for this time of year, and there's meant to be snow next month too.

Inb4 Global Warming.
Reply 10
It's chilly/windy early morning, by midday it's really hot and stuffy. Never know what to wear :colonhash:
Reply 11
There are some odd things happening to our planet, including the poleshift, which I believe, and according to what I have read, has already started. But weather like this was not uncommon in the 1980s. Perhaps we are seeing more of this kind of weather than usual, perhaps as a result of the changes that our taking place in our solar system.
September's always unpredictable. I'm quite liking the sun personally.

:shades:
It's taking the piss.
Although heat input is maximum at the summer solstice and decreases gradually afterwards, the rate of heat input continues to be greater then the rate of heat dissipation. Hence, the average temperature keeps increasing even after solstice, and it is only later during the year that the average temperature starts decreasing as dissipation>input. So it is not 'wrong' to experience heatwaves in September.
Reply 15
I want the frost and heavy snow! :frown:
:woo:
Reply 17
Weather like this isn't that unusual. Londons highest recorded temperature in October was 85F (29c).
Only in Britain do people moan when its sunny and moan when it snows! What do you people want?!
Original post by Martyn*
I don't think it is odd that we have this kind of weather now. I can remember in 1988 in September-October time walking home from high school in the scorching heat; much more hotter than it is today.

you were in high school in 1988? how old are you now if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending