The Student Room Group

Heatwave in late september

Scroll to see replies

I thought British Summer Time hadn't ended yet? And we all know there's been that anomaly (although I guess it's no anomaly now that it happens regularly) in March or April where it snows for a day and sends us all into a frenzy!
Original post by Astonix
I'm actually getting a sweat on right now typing this. It's crazy weather for this time of year, and there's meant to be snow next month too.

Inb4 Global Warming.

You can't get in before Global Warming; it is already here! :awesome:
I blame global warming.
Reply 23
I love summer, it's awful in autumn going outside in the morning, feeling a slight frost, seeing the dew on the ground and knowing that winter is on its way. This week's Indian summer is summer's short encore, and it only serves to remind me that there won't be weather like this again for 6-7 months. Depressing.
Reply 24
Original post by TheEssence
you were in high school in 1988? how old are you now if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 33. Perhaps I'm out by a few years, but I can definately remember it hot in September time walking home from school.
Original post by Martyn*
There are some odd things happening to our planet, including the poleshift, which I believe, and according to what I have read, has already started. But weather like this was not uncommon in the 1980s. Perhaps we are seeing more of this kind of weather than usual, perhaps as a result of the changes that our taking place in our solar system.

Eighties, what does that remind me of....? AHA!

Every time the Tories are in power we get.... a HEATWAVE!

If the Conservatives put that on their posters, they'd get way more votes. :cool:

Ice cream anyone?
Original post by Farmboy_Pip
I thought British Summer Time hadn't ended yet? And we all know there's been that anomaly (although I guess it's no anomaly now that it happens regularly) in March or April where it snows for a day and sends us all into a frenzy!

According to my 'funny cats' calendar (which is obviously a reliable source :rolleyes:) the first day of Autumn was the 23rd of September! :eek:
Original post by Craig_D
I love summer, it's awful in autumn going outside in the morning, feeling a slight frost, seeing the dew on the ground and knowing that winter is on its way. This week's Indian summer is summer's short encore, and it only serves to remind me that there won't be weather like this again for 6-7 months. Depressing.

Really? I LOVE autumn weather and walking around in the morning when everything's frosted and pretty :colondollar:

Not too keen on the idea of snow next month, it means I'd need to go home and find my boots to stomp around in.
Original post by briesandwich
According to my 'funny cats' calendar (which is obviously a reliable source :rolleyes:) the first day of Autumn was the 23rd of September! :eek:

I think summertime officially ends when the clocks go back, which isn't till the end of October.
Original post by Martyn*
I'm 33. Perhaps I'm out by a few years, but I can definately remember it hot in September time walking home from school.

people need to have some respect for the senior residents of TSR such as yourself...but wait , how are you on TSR now shouldn't you be working or pushing prams :confused::s-smilie:
Original post by angelbones
I think summertime officially ends when the clocks go back, which isn't till the end of October.

:frown: I knew I shouldn't have put so much faith in that calendar!
Original post by briesandwich
:frown: I knew I shouldn't have put so much faith in that calendar!

But it has funny cats on it, it's not all bad :biggrin:
Reply 32
The only thing I think is wrong is that I'm sat in a ****ING office all day sweating my balls off, and when the weekend comes & I actually have a chance to enjoy the weather, it'll piss it down.
Reply 33
people need to have some respect for the senior residents of TSR such as yourself...but wait , how are you on TSR now shouldn't you be working or pushing prams :confused::s-smilie:

Well, I should be working but I'm waiting for these A4e cretins to get me to work 40 hours for less than £60 per week. I don't want children. I could never bring a child up in this world.
Reply 34
you were in high school in 1988? how old are you now if you don't mind me asking?

Same age as me, I would guess. I left school in 1989.
I'm feeling it already it's so ****ing hot :angry:
Time for a BBQ!
Reply 37
Original post by angelbones
Really? I LOVE autumn weather and walking around in the morning when everything's frosted and pretty :colondollar:

Not too keen on the idea of snow next month, it means I'd need to go home and find my boots to stomp around in.

It's ok I guess, autumn can look fantastic, but it's tainted for me by the fact that I know it's going to get worse. I guess (unusually for me) I take a glass half empty look to it. Really, I know I should think that about all the weather after June 21st, but I don't, only that after the end of August, which I can't explain.
It's strange.
When I left home for work this morning it was FREEZING. When I went outside on my dinner break at 1pm it was red hot! I love warm weather sometimes but at this time of year I prefer cold.
Reply 39
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
Eighties, what does that remind me of....? AHA!

Every time the Tories are in power we get.... a HEATWAVE!

If the Conservatives put that on their posters, they'd get way more votes. :cool:

Ice cream anyone?

1947--Labour government

1976--Labour government

2003--Labour government

2006--Labour government

Voters aren't that stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending