The Student Room Group

My sister is dating a famous "married" actor!

My sister 24 and is living in London at the moment while doing her MA in Fine Art. Since about last February she has been seeing a man but has been very cagey about him only saying that he is 35, divorced and works in film. My sister did work for a time in film herself so fair enough we thought. Anyway I was down visiting her over the past week and I met her mystery man for the first time although only briefly. I recognised him right away as a pretty famous film actor. I was really shocked and overwhelmed as I am a big fan of this actor but afterwards I looked up his wikipedia page and as far as it lists he is still married to him long term partner and that he has two kids to her. I can't find any mention of any seperation or divorce online at all.

I did confront her about it and she said that the divorce isn't finalised yet and that he doesn't like any publicity anyway. When I did see him with her he seemed to genuinely care for her and my sister is very beautiful but he's rich and famous and men like that have the money and power to take what they want in life and I really don't want to see my sister getting hurt by him.

At the moment she isn't really speaking to me and seems to thing I am just envious but I just don't want her getting hurt! What should I do to make her see sense?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Holy **** it's Daniel Day Lewis isn't it.
Reply 2
Original post by Belizibub
Holy **** it's Daniel Day Lewis isn't it.

lol no DDL is about 50!
CM is 35 years old and Irish.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
I just remembered DDL is like 50 my bad, thanks OP get my hopes up cor.
Reply 5
Original post by Deep456
CM is 35 years old and Irish.

I'm really not going to say who it is!

Do you have any advice?
Reply 6
James Nesbitt?

There's nothing you can do yourself. If she's set on him, then it'll be only her that will change her mind. If your concerned talk to the man about it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by janus2012
I'm really not going to say who it is!

Do you have any advice?

Yes, don't get involved.
Reply 8
Original post by PeterG92
James Nesbitt?

He is 46! Anyway this isn't a guessing game. I want to know what I should do?
Reply 9
Original post by Deep456
Yes, don't get involved.

If I thought my sister knew what she was doing i.e. having an affair with a married movie star then fair enough but she is in love with this guy and planning some kind of future with him which he is going along with including looking at flats together and so on. My sister is pretty fragile and when she finds out he is just stringing her along she will be crushed!
You can't start a thread like this then not let us know who it is!
Reply 11
Original post by Carpediemxx
You can't start a thread like this then not let us know who it is!

This thread was probably a mistake!
Reply 12
i dated a famous multi millionare in the top 20 asian rich list fo 3 months.

however when i googled him, i found he was married, less than a year agho. he denied this all the time, saying he was single. however he didnt use FB but i FB'd his brother and saw pics of his wife and wedding. so yeah. he lied. he was usig his wealth to seduce many mistresses. sad.

unfo when he denied being married for the millionth time, i said if i ever found he was married i would blackmail him for money otherwise i woud tell his wife, he stopped calling and bogged off. creep
Reply 13
Original post by shinytoy
i dated a famous multi millionare in the top 20 asian rich list fo 3 months.

however when i googled him, i found he was married, less than a year agho. he denied this all the time, saying he was single. however he didnt use FB but i FB'd his brother and saw pics of his wife and wedding. so yeah. he lied. he was usig his wealth to seduce many mistresses. sad.

unfo when he denied being married for the millionth time, i said if i ever found he was married i would blackmail him for money otherwise i woud tell his wife, he stopped calling and bogged off. creep

This is what I think these guys are so used to getting away with murder they really do feel they can do whatever they want. Even if this guys wife found out she would probably still stick by him due to his wealth.

I'm sure you can see the same logic operate in many footaller who cheat on their "bought and paid for wives!
Reply 14
Original post by janus2012
This is what I think these guys are so used to getting away with murder they really do feel they can do whatever they want. Even if this guys wife found out she would probably still stick by him due to his wealth.

I'm sure you can see the same logic operate in many footaller who cheat on their "bought and paid for wives!

urgh. im not a prostidude he can g buy himself a cheaper mistress. urgh, just nooo
Reply 15
Spill the beans to the press for cold, hard cash.
Reply 16
i need op i can't work with imagination
Original post by Liam 09
Spill the beans to the press for cold, hard cash.

This is the best solution. Cash AND problem solved. Remain anonymous however.
Reply 18
Brad Pitt?

Johnny Depp?

:dontknow:
Reply 19
Op, why do you want to get involved... your sister is an adult and more than likely knows he is married, leave her to , don't interfere but tell her you are there for her if she needs you.

Latest

Trending

Trending