The Student Room Group

Vegetarian dating site rapped - Majority of users are meat eaters

A dating website promising users that they could "meet single vegetarian men and women looking for love in the UK" has been forced to change its approach after admitting that the majority of its members were actually meat eaters.

Veggiedates.co.uk, operated by dating and friendship website giant Global Personals, purported to be a "trusted UK vegetarian online dating agency".

However, a complainant contacted the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) that the site's repeated claim that it was for vegetarians and vegans only was misleading, because he understood that "the majority of the people listed on the site were not vegetarian or vegan".

From Digital Spy
why would non-vegetarians even join in the first place?
Reply 2
Original post by seanfromtheblock
why would non-vegetarians even join in the first place?

To find a partner who was less likely to order expensive meat courses on a date? :colone:
Reply 3
Don't veggies have a lot of wind?
Why would any guys want girls who don't "eat" meat?
Reply 5
Original post by Mr. Frying Pan
Why would any guys want girls who don't "eat" meat?

I knew this joke would be in the thread somewhere.
Original post by Craig_D

Original post by Craig_D
I knew this joke would be in the thread somewhere.

Inevitable, really.
Reply 7
Original post by Mr. Frying Pan
Inevitable, really.

Had to be done.

I'm struggling to understand what on Earth would motivate non-vegetarians to join.
Reply 8
they didn't per se, it happened because numerous dating websites share clients and stuff

(as far as I understand)
Reply 9
I guess a lot of guys now veggies don't get fat as readily as meat eaters.
Original post by Craig_D
Had to be done.

I'm struggling to understand what on Earth would motivate non-vegetarians to join.

The same reason people claim to love French cinema or the Earth Mother.

It appeals to some people and they presume it increases their chances of a date.
Reply 11
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
The same reason people claim to love French cinema or the Earth Mother.

It appeals to some people and they presume it increases their chances of a date.

Seems crazy :s-smilie: The fact like their are fewer members of your own sex as competition is negated by the fact that the site would naturally have a smaller population of the opposite sex too, because it's a niche site. On the other hand, a site like Match.com may have more competition, but it has more of the opposite sex to choose from too. I assume from the wording around 'presume' that you've already taken this into account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending