The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One of the few BBC Three programs I watched. It was interesting to find out how things were done, interviews and so on. Shame :frown:

I'm not bothered either way if I'm honest, but I think it should have been kept and reduced back down to 15 minutes (which I think it was originally?). I think 45 minutes was a bit too long. :smile:

EDIT: Oh no, I was wrong. It was originally 30 minutes. I think 15 would have been far better though.
(edited 12 years ago)
A spokeswoman for the BBC said: "Doctor Who Confidential has been a great show for BBC3 over the years but our priority now is to build on original British commissions, unique to the channel."

Funny that, because I thought DWC was an original British commision, and I sure as hell don't see it on any other channels...

Sad news. Got to agree with some comments on the article. Perhaps a shorter version would have been better. I didn't want to see Arthur Darvill go swim with sharks or Karen drive. I want to see about the actual show.
I don't watch confidential week in week out, but its got its interesting tidbits worth seeing. Contributes a lot towards Doctor Who GIFs aswell, shame to see it go.
Might be of interest to you all. Nothing new (definately not! :tongue:), but fun seeing as though it took me a while to realise who it was:
"I'm sure some people will spin this to blame Steven Moffat for "ruining Doctor Who"
Original post by sleekchic
"I'm sure some people will spin this to blame Steven Moffat for "ruining Doctor Who"

Bit unfair as it is hardly his fault. I hope people don't otherwise, what the fudge?
If by people you mean Daily Mail, then I'm sure they are preparing the story as we speak. :pierre:

i guess you wrote this as well on the guardian comments as i have seen exact quote on there when reading the article, i have submitted my dismay at the cuts to the beeb esp when they will keep ****e like young, dumb and living off mum on air a programme like many others they PAY people to appear on!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Who's bright idea was that? :colonhash:
Original post by TheCrackInTime
Who's bright idea was that? :colonhash:

Why can't the BBC axe something like 16 and pregnant or some other rubbish like that.
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Why can't the BBC axe something like 16 and pregnant or some other rubbish like that.

What I posted on the other thread concerning DW Confidential:

"Doctor Who Confidential has been a great show for BBC3 over the years but our priority now is to build on original British commissions, unique to the channel."

WHAT?! Doctor Who isn't a British commission?! (Though not made on BBC3 I guess) :s

Last time I checked Wilfred wasn't either...

(Or Family Guy, but they can't take Family Guy away from me :zomg: )

IMHO maybe just axe World's Craziest Fools or Lee Nelson? Besides, Confidential surely cannot cost that much to create...
Original post by jojospacemunky
i guess you wrote this as well on the guardian comments as i have seen exact quote on there when reading the article, i have submitted my dismay at the cuts to the beeb esp when they will keep ****e like young, dumb and living off mum on air a programme like many others they PAY people to appear on!

I didn't. :colondollar:

I just copied it off The Guardian site.
(edited 12 years ago)
I didn't. :colondollar:

I just compied it off The Guardian site.

oh lolz hehe :colondollar:
Original post by Pandora.
Might be of interest to you all. Nothing new (definately not! :tongue:), but fun seeing as though it took me a while to realise who it was:

But his name isn't Tom :puppyeyes:
Original post by Joseppea
What I posted on the other thread concerning DW Confidential:

"Doctor Who Confidential has been a great show for BBC3 over the years but our priority now is to build on original British commissions, unique to the channel."

WHAT?! Doctor Who isn't a British commission?! (Though not made on BBC3 I guess) :s

Last time I checked Wilfred wasn't either...

(Or Family Guy, but they can't take Family Guy away from me :zomg: )

IMHO maybe just axe World's Craziest Fools or Lee Nelson? Besides, Confidential surely cannot cost that much to create...

I thought it was a British commission :/ I don't think it costs that much to create as its not like you're paying people to act or for props/property hire as for other shows - instead you're just filming after people have filmed the show or whilst filming (going all inception here), I could easily walk around with a camcorder on the set talking to the actors if need be... :tongue:
This article contains some intriguing ideas.
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
I thought it was a British commission :/ I don't think it costs that much to create as its not like you're paying people to act or for props/property hire as for other shows - instead you're just filming after people have filmed the show or whilst filming (going all inception here), I could easily walk around with a camcorder on the set talking to the actors if need be... :tongue:

I thought that but I think it was on the Guardian article (or on here), a comment stated how you do actually still need a production team, a script and all those others behind the scenes jobs. Just not as many as an episode of Dr Who would need, so I think it is actually a tiny bit more expensive than people give it credit for.
Original post by SirMasterKey
I thought that but I think it was on the Guardian article (or on here), a comment stated how you do actually still need a production team, a script and all those others behind the scenes jobs. Just not as many as an episode of Dr Who would need, so I think it is actually a tiny bit more expensive than people give it credit for.

Oh very true, that had escaped my mind as well. Maybe they're axeing that because its not a seperate show but an extension of Doctor Who. I hope some of the money goes back into Doctor Who to make the episode storylines better :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending