Original post by BeccaCath94
We fit in one row!!!!!! :tongue:

wow that is tiny :O
2 classes of (approx) 20.
Whoa, you guys are lucky. My college has 2 classes of 25. :/
Reply 1643
There is one class at my sixth form.

.. with two people, including me. Hehe :wink:

It's very under subscribed but I can understand why.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Gamma

I have two people in my STEP class, including me. :colone: (they start in two weeks but that's not the point).
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

That's huge! We had 22, which then went down to 18, and there were well over 400 people in the year! :eek:
Original post by like_a_star
wow that is tiny :O

theres only 3 of us!!!

Original post by Gamma

Yeah same!!! Theres 3 including em at my school although quite a few people took the full FM a level so are doing it from the beginning of year 12, but im only doing the AS so started for year 13 only....
We have two further maths classes of around 20-25 in a college with perhaps 1,000 people in my year ^^
Original post by jameswhughes
That's huge! We had 22, which then went down to 18, and there were well over 400 people in the year! :eek:

Looking at the ratios considering my year has 1500, it's not too bad! And considering further yet, only me and another in my STEP class, 'tis all good. :cool:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1649
Looking at the ratios considering my year has 1500, it's not too bad! And considering further yet, only me and another in my STEP class, 'tis all good. :cool:

You have STEP classes? Nice :wink:

My further maths class has the grand total of 3 people in it (1 of whom never turns up).

EDIT: Mind you we have like 70 people in our year :tongue:

Our straight-maths classes are 5 people and 10 people, of which I am in neither as I'm doing it myself :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Gamma
You have STEP classes? Nice :wink:

Yhupp, they've also enrolled me onto some 4 month course starting in February. The support is impressive.

Original post by hassi94
My further maths class has the grand total of 3 people in it (1 of whom never turns up).

EDIT: Mind you we have like 70 people in our year :tongue:

Our straight-maths classes are 5 people and 10 people, of which I am in neither as I'm doing it myself :tongue:

You're so lucky, my teacher said I could leave my further maths class and study alone, if I managed to do 3 papers at 95% each for FP1 FP2 and M2. -_-
Yhupp, they've also enrolled me onto some 4 month course starting in February. The support is impressive.

You're so lucky, my teacher said I could leave my further maths class and study alone, if I managed to do 3 papers at 95% each for FP1 FP2 and M2. -_-

I may be lucky to have a small class but there is not 1 adult in my entire school who knows what STEP is apart from 'some cambridge maths test'.
Original post by hassi94
I may be lucky to have a small class but there is not 1 adult in my entire school who knows what STEP is apart from 'some cambridge maths test'.

Wow, that's rather shocking, I was under the assumption your sixth form is a top institute. But dw, your positives outweigh that negative. For some reason the smartest kids at my sixth form are doing engineering. :/
Reply 1654
Original post by hassi94

That's very similar to my situation.

Only two of us are taking it but no one else, apart from select Maths teachers, has a clue what it is! But I suppose that makes sense as well - it doesn't impact on anyone else, only on people applying to study Mathematics :smile:
Wow, that's rather shocking, I was under the assumption your sixth form is a top institute. But dw, your positives outweigh that negative. For some reason the smartest kids at my sixth form are doing engineering. :/

Haha no no no far from it. I am the only person who will need to do STEP in my year, and the only top maths applicant (as in aiming for Cambridge etc.) our school has had in many years.

Original post by Gamma
That's very similar to my situation.

Only two of us are taking it but no one else, apart from select Maths teachers, has a clue what it is! But I suppose that makes sense as well - it doesn't impact on anyone else, only on people applying to study Mathematics :smile:

I think mine's worse, only 1 maths teacher knows what it is/has ever seen a question before and he insists his mathematical ability isn't high enough to assist me with it. So I have 1 teacher capable of helping me and she has no clue what it is :tongue:
Original post by hassi94
Haha no no no far from it. I am the only person who will need to do STEP in my year, and the only top maths applicant (as in aiming for Cambridge etc.) our school has had in many years.

I think mine's worse, only 1 maths teacher knows what it is/has ever seen a question before and he insists his mathematical ability isn't high enough to assist me with it. So I have 1 teacher capable of helping me and she has no clue what it is :tongue:

Whoa, seriously? That's crazy dude. In many years aswell, LOL! I'm sure you'll be fine, with the help of TSR! :colone:
Whoa, seriously? That's crazy dude. In many years aswell, LOL! I'm sure you'll be fine, with the help of TSR! :colone:

Like literally as long as my head of sixth can remember (he's been there like 10 years lmao) there's never been anyone who's applied to somewhere requiring STEP :tongue: It scares me a lot. Although I guess it makes me stand out in my reference! :tongue:

Yeah in the end it might be a bit harder for me to pick up but if my ability is there then I should be able to do it.
Original post by hassi94
Like literally as long as my head of sixth can remember (he's been there like 10 years lmao) there's never been anyone who's applied to somewhere requiring STEP :tongue: It scares me a lot. Although I guess it makes me stand out in my reference! :tongue:

Yeah in the end it might be a bit harder for me to pick up but if my ability is there then I should be able to do it.

Just work hard and do past papers. Eventually you should be able to spot their little tricks :smile:

I'm self-teaching STEP I, but since you are applying for cambridge you'll need all three.

Good luck
Reply 1659
The hardest part I find with STEP is concluding my solutions.

Latest