The Student Room Group

Worried about sex, foreskin so painful

Hi everyone

I wanted to post my problem on here as people on here seem really good at helping one another. Basically, I am 23 and have a pretty limited experience of things sexual. Each time I have had a sexual encounter, I have found it very painful and been sore for several days after. My foreskin it seems to too tight, it can retract and over the head and back up when it is not erect.

When it is erect it can just about retract when either forced or when the condom forces it too (but it does not retract easily), but it is just incredible painful.

In addition, s the foreskin supposed to glide over the head of the penis during sex or does it always stay behind the head once it is erect? It doesnt in my case but is a regular loose foreskin supposed to do this, or does he just stay trapped behind the head?

Hope you can help guys,

Thanks Jon.
I'm a girl, but...

In my experience of men, the foreskin stays retracted during sex.

As for the tight foreskin, since you can retract it while flaccid, stretching should do the trick. You can get steroid creams which can help with the stretching - and a lot of men just do it in the shower every day. There are plenty of instructions online if you look for them.
Reply 2
I think the best way for you is to have an operation,cuting short of your foeskin,which happens normaly here.
get circumsised, its standard in hot countries
Original post by Anonymous
get circumsised, its standard in hot countries

Why on earth would he want to get circumcised when there is no need? It is much better to keep your foreskin.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Why on earth would he want to get circumcised when there is no need? It is much better to keep your foreskin.

no its better to get rid of it. avoids infection etc
Reply 6
Original post by wheelspin
no its better to get rid of it. avoids infection etc

Even if this were good advice (which it isn't) it's a different issue. If someone chooses to get circumcised for cosmetic reasons then that's fair enough, but you wouldn't get circumcised solely because of a slightly tight foreskin.

As for stretching, I had a tight foreskin at one time (so tight it couldn't retract at all when erect) and what I used was "flesh tunnels" that are sold in piercing shops for people to put in their ears. If you buy a silicone flesh tunnel (has to be silicone) then you can put it inside your foreskin and just leave it there to allow the skin to gradually stretch around it. Then when it's been there for a week, you up the size and continue until it's completely stretched and doesn't bother you anymore.

You can just stretch it with your fingers and other methods, but I tried that and it never really worked for me. With the flesh tunnel I could just leave it in there and so long as I cleaned it twice a day it didn't cause any infections or anything. Took me about a month of doing that to get it to the right size, but like I say I was starting from quite a tight foreskin in the first place.
Reply 7
Original post by bonk_maddle
Even if this were good advice (which it isn't) it's a different issue. If someone chooses to get circumcised for cosmetic reasons then that's fair enough, but you wouldn't get circumcised solely because of a slightly tight foreskin.

As for stretching, I had a tight foreskin at one time (so tight it couldn't retract at all when erect) and what I used was "flesh tunnels" that are sold in piercing shops for people to put in their ears. If you buy a silicone flesh tunnel (has to be silicone) then you can put it inside your foreskin and just leave it there to allow the skin to gradually stretch around it. Then when it's been there for a week, you up the size and continue until it's completely stretched and doesn't bother you anymore.

You can just stretch it with your fingers and other methods, but I tried that and it never really worked for me. With the flesh tunnel I could just leave it in there and so long as I cleaned it twice a day it didn't cause any infections or anything. Took me about a month of doing that to get it to the right size, but like I say I was starting from quite a tight foreskin in the first place.

i suggest u dont do that and get circumsised. quick solution
Reply 8
Original post by wheelspin
i suggest u dont do that and get circumsised. quick solution

I'm not actually anti-circumcision, but getting it done for no other reason than that your foreskin is slightly tight is a nonsense. If people want to get it done for cosmetic reasons then fine, but that's really a completely different topic.

In any case to get it done on the NHS you'll probably have to wait several months between the initial appointment with a GP, going to the urology clinic and then getting put on a waiting list. Then there's at least a month without being able to have sex while the wound heals. Anyone in this position may as well make an attempt to stretch it even if they do want a circumcision.
Reply 9
u can get it done privately, sometimes at £30 at some private clinics
Reply 10
Hello mate. If you place a condom on don't you find this keeps the foreskin in place, ie unretracted, or does it force it back behind the head?
Reply 11
it forces it back behind the had, but causes lots of pain :O(
Reply 12
ignore the circumcised people posting.

all you need to do is a bit of stretching when you're having a shower, and before you sleep. google how to do this its very very easy.

shouldnt take long if you keep at it and you shouldnt have many problems.
Reply 13
Sounds like phimosis. There are several ways of improving this:

- First, I'd try, while in a warm bath or shower, gradually stretching it back - it will be uncomfortable for a while but in many cases of phimosis, I've heard that this usually fixes it.

- If that doesn't work, the GP can prescribe some steroid creams which you apply to the penis which can help.

- As a last resort only, circumcision.
Speaking from experience...

i had the same problem

My foreskin used to get all tight during sex and one day there was a little cut as it stretched to much and it hurt like hell - not nice when your gf gets off you to see blood on my penis

SO - i went to the docs and showed him the goods and he said i had a tight frenulum (the stringy bit)

So once i let it heal after a week or so i just used some hydrocortizone cream twice a day (like E45) and its done the trick

No more pain and i can now pull foreskin back when fully erect
Sex feels so much better now with no worries of ripping the frenulum

Quick Reply

Latest