The Student Room Group

Nervous about AS Maths C1...

I just started AS Maths C1 course on MEI OCR three weeks ago and im so nervous...I want to do well in it I want to get an A but it's so much work :frown:

There is just soo many different types of questions and you cant find examples of them all online and in textbooks.....im scared I will do badly...

I need tips on how get an A at C1 when you got an A at GCSE. I try to do at least half an hour or an hour of revision everyday but I dunno if this is working...

Any study/revision tips? How do I master coordiante geometry especially that seems to be my weak point at the moment.
Reply 1
Draw a diagram and draw the lines on to help understand co-ordinate geometry a bit better.

And C1 is ez mode.
Reply 2
Hi, I've finished my A Levels now. I did maths and I really struggled in it. I failed the diagnostics test (a test the college does after the first few weeks to see if I'd cope with Maths) I managed to pursaude them to let me stay on the course and I managed to get a C in C1, considering they told me I'd fail I did pretty well.
I found that doing past papers, you can find loads online and your college should have them too, really helped. Asking your teacher to mark them and then go through it with you will help too. You'll be able to see which points need improving + your teacher will be able to help.
Also try making revision cards with the different formula on, it really helped me!
I also found that doing study afternoons with class mates helped. We'd meet at one of our homes and spend an afternoon going through past papers and helping each other with topics we found hard.
Mostly, don't panic. The more worried you get, the more you'll get stressed and then probably end up not doing as well as you should. Try and managing your time and doing little bits of revision every day with breaks. If you're stuck, ask your teacher, after all, it is there job to teach you!
Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 3
There are no 'tips' on how to get an A in maths. It's down to sheer work. Do every question in your textbook, then do more. Past papers are your friend.

Come on here when you're stuck, post up what you've done to solve a question (under no circumstances should you ever just post a question and ask for someone to give you the answer and say 'show working plz' without giving some information about what you've tried - no matter how daft it sounds).

When you say you are doing 'revision', what are you actually doing in those revision sessions?
Reply 4
I got an A in C1 and C2. I just did every question in the book and then did every exam paper until I knew the answers off by heart!! I learnt where the examiner gives marks, so on a really difficult question in my C2 exam I lost one mark only, as I did all the working out to the best of my ability.

Remember to do more working out in the exam than you usually do, it is worth it.
M.
be confident and kill that shizzle
good luck m8
its too early to worry, just keep up with class work and do loads of pastpapers on the right timeee :smile:
you will do fine trust me :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Saif95
I want to do well in it I want to get an A but it's so much work :frown:

This is one of the things you may need to get over.

www.examsolutions.co.uk
www.m4ths.com

both have ample material

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending