The Student Room Group

Learning russian.. useful websites please

I'm doing Russian as my module outside my main degree, learning from beginners. My text book hasn't arrived yet for it, and I really need some good websites or resources online that I can use in the time being, as I am appalling at it at the moment :frown: can anyone suggest any useful ones? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
There are a whole ton of Russian movies with English subtitles you can watch on youtube (some of them even legally :tongue:). Mosfilm has a whole archive, many of which have subtitles, and if you search for newer films you can watch most of them as well.

I also sometimes use this flashcards site - you can pick which level you want to learn at, and it can be a good way to build up vocabulary.

I like using this dictionary, as it lets you search for words with the endings declined.

Tables of verb conjugations.

Then some things which you might not find so useful now, but maybe for later: a massive archive of Russian-language prose and poetry, and a site where you can buy cheap Russian audiobooks (you can listen before you buy).
Reply 2
http://masterrussian.com/ is quite good, it has lots of words and phrases and audio to go with it.
Reply 3
Original post by bananabrain
I'm doing Russian as my module outside my main degree, learning from beginners. My text book hasn't arrived yet for it, and I really need some good websites or resources online that I can use in the time being, as I am appalling at it at the moment :frown: can anyone suggest any useful ones? Thanks :smile:

The best way is to Skype... for example with me. :wink:
I already Skype with one TSR girl from time to time. She starts Russian this year, so I teach her any words and phrases she wants to know.
Right now the girl yet can't lead the discussions in Russian, but at list she already knows some words, and knows them without an accent. :smile:
In Russia there are some language diferences at some regions, even in some Central regions. As for me, my language is the language of Podmoscowie, Moscow and Peterburg talk in the same way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending