The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superG123
HEY Y'ALL!
just sat my ukcat and am really pissed off with the staff there, they were unbelievably loud and couldn't concentrate on my VR section so I ended up getting 590 in that section where i normally perform best!
AR-660
QR-690
DA-860

average of 700. Is this a good score and where can i apply with it?

i got negged into oblivion for this? i mean i got below average in one section and believe some unis have individual cut offs! just to clarify so i don't look like an ungrateful **** :smile:
Reply 3981
Original post by sounv001
Hi guys, just wondering about the UCAS process, did you also create a completely new account? Because when making it, I tried to click on the option where you can supply your old details but it didn't work, so I had to go for "I don't have either". I hope I didn't mess it up, but I did move to a different school this year. My old account still works though because I'm still able to log in to Track...:/ a bit confused

Hi :smile: i rung up ucas and they basically deleted my old ucas account and told me to re-register for 2012. But second time round, they ask you if you already have a ucas id and if you put that in, your old details are automatically applied. hope that helps! x
Original post by DDSB
Saw you did well on ukcat. Congrats! I had mine today. Didn't do as well as I was hoping- got 682.5. Think i am going to have to reconsider my choices as I was thinking about Glasgow and Newcasle :/
I really have to crack on with my ps - barely changed it from last year!!

that's still really good? well done :smile: my average is high but i got below average in VR (i complained against pearson vue long story) i am not thinking about high ukcat unis, i really want to reapply to east anglia but i got rejected without interview last year and won't give me feedback :frown:
i'm thinking;
Liverpool
Manchester
Hull-york
and not sure about a fourth :smile:

What are you thinking for your unis?
Original post by sms21
Ahh thanks for replying :smile: how does the tariff system work for those who are applying first time to BL? do they give ucas points for predicted A2 grades or AS grades does anyone know? I rung them today and they said they would score the highest qualification, but on the poll on the BL thread on tsr most have clicked A*A*A*A* :colondollar: gahhhh

Barts have updated their website. They will rank candidates based on predicted/achieved UCAS tariff points - everything included.

Spoiler

And I wouldn't read too much into the poll. It may be mostly predicted grades, people not being truthful or just because TSR has an disproportionate amount of A* students...or perhaps the standard really has gone up a lot this year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3984
Original post by Kingbradley6
Barts have updated their website. They will rank candidates based on predicted/achieved UCAS tariff points - everything included.

Spoiler

And I wouldn't read too much into the poll. It may be mostly predicted grades, people not being truthful or just because TSR has an disproportionate amount of A* students...or perhaps the standard really has gone up a lot this year.

Just out of curiosity, does the UCAS tarrif mean all our A levels, (including gen studies) and I have a key skills qualification.. would all those count? If those all count, I have 640 UCAS points, but without gen studies and key skills, its only 540. I wasn't planning on applying, I just wondered...
UKCAT tomorrow!! wish me good luck :P its mostly about luck anyways !!
hey guys,

i got 710 in my UKCAT.
so far, i'm def applying to Liverpool and Manchester ... the other 2 i'm not too sure about but i have a vague idea.

so any suggestions please? :smile:
Pretty good score there so maybe a uni with a heavier use of the ukcat? Liverpool don't use it at all and you're well above average.
Anybody heading up/down to Leicester's open day on the 8th?

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by twelve
Just out of curiosity, does the UCAS tarrif mean all our A levels, (including gen studies) and I have a key skills qualification.. would all those count? If those all count, I have 640 UCAS points, but without gen studies and key skills, its only 540. I wasn't planning on applying, I just wondered...

Everything I believe.
Reply 3990
Original post by superG123
that's still really good? well done :smile: my average is high but i got below average in VR (i complained against pearson vue long story) i am not thinking about high ukcat unis, i really want to reapply to east anglia but i got rejected without interview last year and won't give me feedback :frown:
i'm thinking;
Liverpool
Manchester
Hull-york
and not sure about a fourth :smile:

What are you thinking for your unis?

Thanks- although I was hoping for 700's. I did worst in VR too although I expected too!
At the moment I'm thinking;
Liverpool
Glasgow
Hull-York
and either peninsula or Newcastle (although last year newcastle's ukcat cut-off was 675 so I think this may be too risky?!)
How do East Anglia select for interview?
Reply 3991
my ukcat is super average at 655 =/

so i'm thinking barts, possibly gkt and i'm not sure about the other two =/

does anyone know about reapplying to gkt?
i applied last year with 607 (yes, suicide mission i know, but one can hope :P) so i'm not sure how they stand on reapplicants
Reply 3992
can't believe I have submitted my ucas now :frown: I do not want to get rejected again...what do you think of my choices? have i been wise?
Original post by twelve

It does, anything that carries a UCAS tariff. even if they won't include it in an offer.
This includes Key skills (worth three ucas points)
Or any music over grade 6 (I have grade 5 in two so I don't get any for that either :P)
Right, think I'm defs applying to Aberdeen, Dundee, St Andrews and Edinburgh. These all accept reapplicants right? (double checking haha)
Reply 3995
Original post by areyousure?
UKCAT tomorrow!! wish me good luck :P its mostly about luck anyways !!

Good luck :h:

Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
hey guys,

i got 710 in my UKCAT.
so far, i'm def applying to Liverpool and Manchester ... the other 2 i'm not too sure about but i have a vague idea.

so any suggestions please? :smile:

That's a great score. if i were you i'd look at uni's that are more focused on how you did on your ukcat (as someone has already mentioned i think :smile: )

Liverpool don't look at ukcat at all i believe, so (from a strategic viewpoint) i'd give them a pass unless you're applying there for another reason or you really want to go there.

Newcastle?

I'd also suggest Sheffield, but last year their cut-off was 717.5 i heard, so i wouldn't risk applying there with 710

Original post by fallenangel
Anybody heading up/down to Leicester's open day on the 8th?

I loved Leicester when i went there last year on the open day (and indeed on my interview day) but they didn't give me an offer, and they don't accept resits, so... :colondollar:

Have fun though, i'm sure you'll like it

BTW, East Anglia (Norwich) open day anyone? :biggrin: Just got my tickets so i'm off to Norwich for the first time in my life on Saturday
(edited 12 years ago)
All these potential BL applicants make me happy :biggrin:

Original post by atomos
Right, think I'm defs applying to Aberdeen, Dundee, St Andrews and Edinburgh. These all accept reapplicants right? (double checking haha)

Everywhere accepts re-applicants.. it's people that are retaking some A levels to boost their grades (resitters) that face problems :smile:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
All these potential BL applicants make me happy :biggrin:

Everywhere accepts re-applicants.. it's people that are retaking some A levels to boost their grades (resitters) that face problems :smile:

good stuff, was just having a last minute panic :tongue:
Original post by -Taz-
I loved Leicester when i went there last year on the open day (and indeed on my interview day) but they didn't give me an offer, and they don't accept resits, so... :colondollar:

Have fun though, i'm sure you'll like it

Ah that sucks :frown:

I totally agree, when I went for my interview last year (got put on that dreaded waiting list) I did really fall in love with the place. Leicester gave me a last minute offer there for next year so I feel insanely lucky.

I think you'll love UEA though - I hear the medical school there is pretty awesome, and also that the campus is very beautiful - so I hope you enjoy it there this saturday (and subsequently get an offer!)

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3999
Original post by fallenangel

I'm thinking about going to the Leicester open day - I'll probably send my application off after this weekend, so it won't make a difference to my choice. I'm definitely applying to Leicester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending