The Student Room Group

inside of vagina burning? (dont read if your grossed out easily)

The inside of my vagina was itching a few weeks ago and for the past couple of weeks its been a bit painful, like stinging and burning. Today when I was showering earlier, the hot water made it all the more painful! I tried to have a look at it which was difficult (cause its on the inside of the vaginal lips) but saw that it looks like a (fire) burn? Any idea what this could be? I really don't want to go to my local hospital as I know the people that work in the GUM clinic! (neighbours, friends parents/ siblings) If i went to a different GUM clinic, would this be put down in my medical records/history?

Sexual history:
had a ONS with a virgin, used protection few months ago.
have very occasional protected sex (condom) with FWB (this is very occasional though, as we now live in different cities)

Does this sound like a sti/std or a non sexual problem?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The inside of my vagina was itching a few weeks ago and for the past couple of weeks its been a bit painful, like stinging and burning. Today when I was showering earlier, the hot water made it all the more painful! I tried to have a look at it which was difficult (cause its on the inside of the vaginal lips) but saw that it looks like a (fire) burn? Any idea what this could be? I really don't want to go to my local hospital as I know the people that work in the GUM clinic! (neighbours, friends parents/ siblings) If i went to a different GUM clinic, would this be put down in my medical records/history?

Sexual history:
have very occasional protected sex (condom) with FWB (this is very occasional though, as we now live in different cities)

Thanks!
Reply 2
Go to the doctor!
Reply 3
Original post by jilp

Sexual history:

Thanks!

It sounds to me that you've got herpes. You've got it for life unfortunately. It will occasionally flare up when you have your period or stressed.
I think you're going to have to tell your FWB the news.
Reply 5
Condoms don't stop skin-to-skin contact around the genitals, and you can still infect each other. They somewhat limit your exposure, I guess, but you'll still catch ****.
Go get an STI test.
Just go to the doctor and consult him. Everything is confidential and it could be something non threatening like thrush.
Reply 8
Ok thanks guys. Im really panicking now! :frown: Only really had sex with one person i cant believe i might have herpes?! Think i'l definitely go to the doctors, will this be confidential or go down in my medical history?
Reply 9
Original post by jilp

Sexual history:

Thanks!

This is why you take sex seriously...
Reply 10
How do i actually go about this? Can i just go to a family planning clinic? or does it have to be a hospital? Do i book an appointment or just turn up? Ahhh so scared!! :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by jilp
Ok thanks guys. Im really panicking now! :frown: Only really had sex with one person i cant believe i might have herpes?! Think i'l definitely go to the doctors, will this be confidential or go down in my medical history?

yes it will go down in your medical history if you have something probably and it is confidential..
Reply 12
Can you say, Gonorrhea!!!
Reply 13
Sounds like thrush to me, get some Canesten cream and apply that to sooth the stinging, but get yourself checked at the GUM clinic (its all confidential) just for peace of mind of nothing else.
Reply 14
Probably shouldnt have put that powdered nitrate in your vagina...
Reply 15
Original post by Ras17
This is why you take sex seriously...

I do take it seriously! The ONS was a drunken holiday mistake, and technically we didnt really have proper sex, just did sexual things. (i still wish this didnt happen though) We were practically naked to start off though, i was in a bikini.

And the FWB, iv known him for years, and fully trust him.. might even call him my best friend. Theres no romantic feelings there, was just convenient for both of us. He has had a few sexual partners before me though but since we started doing this i'd say im fully certain its been monogamous.
Reply 16
there are loads of vaginal infection (non sexual related) which cause similar symptoms. Either way you'll have to go to the GP.
Reply 17
Go to the doctor as soon as you can. Good luck.
Original post by jilp

Sexual history:
had a ONS with a "virgin".

Here is your problem OP.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Computerised
Here is your problem OP.

No we didnt have sex! Im really not keen on ONS and i stopped it going further.. i admit i was in a drunken holiday mood and got carried away with a good looking guy, touched eachother etc, even got as far as him putting a condom on, i had to stop here though i really didnt like the thought of sex with a stranger. The tip went in though buy only like a centimeter (obviously im guessing, i didnt exactly measure) but this was my reality check moment and i pulled away and stopped it all. This couldnt have given me an sti/std surely? He did have a condom on too.. oh god im so worried now!

Quick Reply

Latest