The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

I start on saturday so I'll post some pictures of my single in Wilson House - Imperial on Sunday or the start of next week :smile: .

UEA, University Village
Reply 2103
So jealous of everyone already moved in! I've still got nearly 2 weeks to go :frown:
Original post by casiogeek
Here's my room :biggrin:

Posters i picked up from freshers fair :biggrin: :

I love your room! Especially the "Stay Afloat and Fight Sharks" thing. And I like that your folder matches your bedsheets - It's the kind of decoration I'm going for too. Not matchy-matchy, but clearly some things fit together and make the room seem not so higgledy-piggeldy. :smile: Uni rooms are uninviting enough that a little thing like that makes such a difference.

Also, how awesome is Oxford? I was there today. What a beautiful day, right? I'm moving in on Sunday and I'm so excited, especially for the brilliant music scene and the delicious cafes. Have you been to Cafe Baba on the Cowley? I recommend it, and its mint tea! If you like Moroccan stuff, Kazbar is a good place too. Sorry, I'm very blah blah blah!
Original post by barefootfiona
I love your room! Especially the "Stay Afloat and Fight Sharks" thing. And I like that your folder matches your bedsheets - It's the kind of decoration I'm going for too. Not matchy-matchy, but clearly some things fit together and make the room seem not so higgledy-piggeldy. :smile: Uni rooms are uninviting enough that a little thing like that makes such a difference.

Also, how awesome is Oxford? I was there today. What a beautiful day, right? I'm moving in on Sunday and I'm so excited, especially for the brilliant music scene and the delicious cafes. Have you been to Cafe Baba on the Cowley? I recommend it, and its mint tea! If you like Moroccan stuff, Kazbar is a good place too. Sorry, I'm very blah blah blah!

If you recommend anywhere in Cowley, or Oxford for that matter, it should be G&D's ice cream :yum: :awesome:
Reply 2106
I move into Wolfson College (Oxford) accommodation on Saturday. I will post pics once I am sorted out. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, it has made me think more about what to bring.
Reply 2107
My new digs, just moved in so it's still looking a bit bare.

Hehe, thankss :biggrin:
I generally just brought a load of random stuff and some stuff matched :teehee:
My room is really nice actually, i would have hated to have a room that had the brick effect!
Oxford is awesome :biggrin: In the city the buildings are so nice! The nightlife is really good aswell! I went to cowley last night, cant remember where i went though, it was moroccan themed so it was probes Kazbar :teehee:
Heard CoCo's is good aswell :tongue: Ill have to remember Cafe Baba next time! :smile:
Original post by casiogeek
Hehe, thankss :biggrin:
I generally just brought a load of random stuff and some stuff matched :teehee:
My room is really nice actually, i would have hated to have a room that had the brick effect!
Oxford is awesome :biggrin: In the city the buildings are so nice! The nightlife is really good aswell! I went to cowley last night, cant remember where i went though, it was moroccan themed so it was probes Kazbar :teehee:
Heard CoCo's is good aswell :tongue: Ill have to remember Cafe Baba next time! :smile:

Yeah, for such a tiny town, the nightlife is amazing!
Yeah, for such a tiny town, the nightlife is amazing!

If Oxford was a town, it would be a big town, but it's actually a city...

Personally I think the nightlife is over priced in Oxford :frown:
I'm not in halls, I applied to University of Glamorgan through Clearing so I'm in a house. I'm pretty lucky though 'coz all my housemates are awesome! And it's like five minutes from the Uni and £61/week including bills :smile:

View from the doorway

There's not a lot of storage in my room sadly so most of my stuff is in boxes/bags at the bottom of my bed and under my desk.

View of my desk, make-up shelf, books/dvds/cameras shelf, concert tickets and laptop.

My bed/door. Pretty posters from Paperchase. We're not allowed to use blu tack, only pins (weird, I know) and we can't use them 'excessively'. Well at home I had about 50 photos stuck on my wall! So I pinned up a piece of string and used little craft pegs to hang the photos to it. I felt pretty clever :wink:
It'd be a great help if someone could put up some photos of Swansea rooms!
So I moved into my new room quite recently!

Its in the Kendrew Quadrangle of St Johns College in Oxford.

The Kendrew Quadrangle:

Mini Library

Posters - I wish I could put up more all over the place, but we're not allowed to.

Fridge/Freezer

Working area

En Suite

with a nice Shower
Original post by Vazzyb

Mini Library

JAWDROP. Please tell me you're a postgrad, and that's why you have this amazing room. Because otherwise I'm totally willing to say that I picked the wrong college!
Original post by Vazzyb

The only thing that would make it better would be to make it a double bed. WOW.

Really must find my SD card connector!
Reply 2116
Am I the only one who doesn't have an array of books/DVDs/CD? I have three other siblings so I've never really had my own sanctuary of stuff. I guess it's better to start now than never :P

I've noticed quite a few students have printers, is having a printer pretty vital?

I feel very uncultured.
JAWDROP. Please tell me you're a postgrad, and that's why you have this amazing room. Because otherwise I'm totally willing to say that I picked the wrong college!
First years don't get (quite so) amazing rooms, but in later years even undergraduates might :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Britten House, UEA (ensuite)
Original post by Norfolkadam

These are quite old now, there's a lot more clutter around.

Is that the 'I' paper, very nice...great little paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending