The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by secretmessages
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15060310

Mindblowing. Would be more mindblowing if it was written one character a time from the start, but it's still impressive.

Love the dry humour in the last paragraph.
Also in 2003, Paignton Zoo carried out a practical test by putting a keyboard connected to a PC into the cage of six crested macaques. After a month the monkeys had produced five pages of the letter "S" and had broken the keyboard.

:rofl:
Reply 9741
Original post by ch0llima
I might be going to the DEF CON hacking convention/conference in Las Vegas next July... might be a group of us going and do some sightseeing outside of the conference. I might be up for renting a car and zipping up to the gate at Area 51 :moon:

You know, I'd actually forgotten about that :facepalm2:. Fair point is fair, and my advice still stands.

Good thing I didn't attempt it. Some people attempted it and got it horribly wrong it seems :teehee:

I was considering heading out there also, not till 2013 myself though
Urgh, Ebuyer sent my replacement components home to Newcastle instead of to Loughborough. Hopefully my parents will send it next day so I can get building tomorrow.
:nothing: :nothing: :nothing:

Is there any way I can hide all my past Facebook posts with the new Timeline "feature"?
Reply 9745
:nothing: :nothing: :nothing:

Is there any way I can hide all my past Facebook posts with the new Timeline "feature"?

Under privacy settings, there's an option to restrict old posts.

That said, I'm rather tempted to simply delete my account now. Never use it, spend all my time on Twitter these days. Really can't see it being much use in the future, although I don't want to be burning bridges either. Hmm. :moon:

Original post by Dez
Under privacy settings, there's an option to restrict old posts.

That said, I'm rather tempted to simply delete my account now. Never use it, spend all my time on Twitter these days. Really can't see it being much use in the future, although I don't want to be burning bridges either. Hmm. :moon:

That only restricts it from public to friends though, there's no way to hide everything from friends anymore :dontknow:
I like the fact i can easily get to any point in time.... before, you could only chose 'show older posts' repeatedly.

I think there will be the general outcry of WHY THE CHANGE, it kind of looks a bit like bebo now.

That said, i think it makes better use of screen space and it's gone away from a plain page with square photos.
I didn't know Microsoft did this. Love it. :rofl2:

Microsoft sends an IE9 cupcake to Mozilla for shipping Firefox 7

Love how the cakes started getting smaller with each successive release...

Spoiler

Hi,

I'm interested in joining the Tech Society :smile:

Lehmby
Finally got my new setup running. Thought it was time for a reformat as well with all the new hardware so now I have the fun of reinstalling everything!
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Finally got my new setup running. Thought it was time for a reformat as well with all the new hardware so now I have the fun of reinstalling everything!

http://ninite.com/

If only I'd known that earlier. I knew the site existed but couldn't remember the bloody name! Bookmarked for next time though.
COMPUTER

Y U NO BOOT FROM DISK
COMPUTER

Y U NO BOOT FROM DISK

What you done to it?
Today I discovered what the snapshop feature of virtualbox actually does.

Before now I just thought it was a glorified screenshot function :facepalm2:
Reply 9757

Do they have UEFI support and Thunderbolt ports too? :p:

Original post by Dez
Do they have UEFI support and Thunderbolt ports too? :p:

Not sure if these do but most will have UEFI bioses but I'm not sure about thunderbolt ports though

Latest

Trending

Trending