The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Double-Checking Everything!

Just checking that I have done everything required of me before I go...

I have pre-registered online and printed (and signed) the pre-registration form

I have printed off my timetable for the day as asked

I have my "University or College Payment Advice" from Student Finance

I have paid the £200 accommodation deposit

I have paid for my £30 college membership and printed off the receipt they e-mailed me

I have enrolled onto my modules/minor courses online (do I need to print off anything in regards to this?)

Is there anything I've forgotten/need to do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A crate of your favourite alcoholic beverage... Have fun.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I think you're all set :awesome:
This is all I've done/printed off (except choosing modules, I forgot/didn't get email :mmm:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PaulMcCartney

I have paid for my £30 college membership and printed off the receipt they e-mailed me

I have enrolled onto my modules/minor courses online (do I need to print off anything in regards to this?)

Can you or someone please explain what this document looks like? I have some papers from Student Finance England that says I got the tuiton fee loan, is it the one that says "You may need to take this letter to registration" or the one that says "Important document - financial notification ... Assessment of Entitlement to Student Finance for academic year 2011/12"

I will of course be bringing both, but can someone confirm that it is one of those documents? So I'm not missing something.. Thanks!
Original post by sarahsweden
Can you or someone please explain what this document looks like? I have some papers from Student Finance England that says I got the tuiton fee loan, is it the one that says "You may need to take this letter to registration" or the one that says "Important document - financial notification ... Assessment of Entitlement to Student Finance for academic year 2011/12"

I will of course be bringing both, but can someone confirm that it is one of those documents? So I'm not missing something.. Thanks!

I think it's the one that says "University or College Payment Advice: Please keep this letter in a safe place. It should be given to your university or college when they ask for it." I'm going to take all of them just in case :yep:
Thank god my mums an organisation freak, I have no idea about most of this. :P
Original post by Hannahismee
Thank god my mums an organisation freak, I have no idea about most of this. :P

I'm exactly the same. I move back in on Sunday and I still havn't started sorting anything out, but I know that somehow it will be done, even if I don't really know anything about it!
Reply 7
The finance documents should have the amounts of money being payed to you and the university in black and blue boxes :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by PaulMcCartney

Printed? Timetable? What? Help!?
Original post by theotherjr
Printed? Timetable? What? Help!?

https://lancs.induction.org.uk/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
Then print off the timetable at the end. I think (according to facebook) that this acts as your key release form :yep:
Phew, I think I'm actually ok. All of my stuff is hole punched and in a special uni file (such a nerd) also, for the poor kids like me, REMEMBER THE EMA ENTITLEMENT LETTER -that extra £10-£30 a week may just be a lifesaver :wink:
Original post by Probablylucy
Phew, I think I'm actually ok. All of my stuff is hole punched and in a special uni file (such a nerd) also, for the poor kids like me, REMEMBER THE EMA ENTITLEMENT LETTER -that extra £10-£30 a week may just be a lifesaver :wink:

EMA? At uni?
Reply 12
Uhh. Pre-registration? =/
Jeez I'm late, but what/where/etc is this?

Bit of another hitch - my student finance is still processing, long story short we had to go through a lot of paperwork, but I haven't had a thing through the post yet. I'll have nothing to take with me as 'proof'. Would a screenshot of my estimated fee entitlement be okay? I really have no clue.

And yeah Lucy - no EMA at university. P: Or even at college now, apparently (?).
Reply 13
OK, I'm leaving in an hour and a half, I just need to check, is there some kind of form/paper that I need to give/show to the accodomation guy to receive my key ?
Original post by Sheep
OK, I'm leaving in an hour and a half, I just need to check, is there some kind of form/paper that I need to give/show to the accodomation guy to receive my key ?

I read on the facebook freshers page that the personal timetable on the end of the induction acts as a key release form. If you look at #10 I gave the link :h:
Reply 15
Original post by DellaLouise
I read on the facebook freshers page that the personal timetable on the end of the induction acts as a key release form. If you look at #10 I gave the link :h:

"You can print this summary off for convenience" it doesn't say anything about it being a key release form
Original post by Sheep
"You can print this summary off for convenience" it doesn't say anything about it being a key release form

It isn't really, it just proves you are a student.
http://www.facebook.com/lancasterfreshers if you scroll down a bit loads of people have asked about it.
Reply 17
Do I need to bring computer chair or do they provide chair for the desk in your room ?
Original post by wasabied
Uhh. Pre-registration? =/
Jeez I'm late, but what/where/etc is this?

Bit of another hitch - my student finance is still processing, long story short we had to go through a lot of paperwork, but I haven't had a thing through the post yet. I'll have nothing to take with me as 'proof'. Would a screenshot of my estimated fee entitlement be okay? I really have no clue.

And yeah Lucy - no EMA at university. P: Or even at college now, apparently (?).

Yes there is. Have been given a letter to hand in to university that entitles me to £30 a week untill my 19th birthday, because I am in a 'transition' year or the process of fasing it out. I was sent a form specifically telling me to hand it into Lancaster when I arrive to notify EMA thy I have started my studies, I thought a few people had got this, but apparently not? I am very organised with all my stuff, Im not making it up... P:
Original post by Probablylucy
Yes there is. Have been given a letter to hand in to university that entitles me to £30 a week untill my 19th birthday, because I am in a 'transition' year or the process of fasing it out. I was sent a form specifically telling me to hand it into Lancaster when I arrive to notify EMA thy I have started my studies, I thought a few people had got this, but apparently not? I am very organised with all my stuff, Im not making it up... P:

Oooh I'm going to look at the letter they sent me now. Curious. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending