The Student Room Group

Women get less attractive after 25 or 30, men get more attractive with age...

As a guy gets older, his market value increases.

As a girl ages, her market value decreases, and often fairly rapidly.

A woman's market value is at her highest between the ages of 16 and 25 (possibly up to 30 if she really takes care of herself and is lucky). During this age range, women are at their most attractive to men. They can rely on their looks and 'sexiness' to attract guys (and, often, manipulate men for their own gain).

As a women reaches 30 and beyond, her market value rapidly decreases and she becomes less attractive to men. Once she reaches the menopause, she's finished and no man wants her any more.

Contrast this with how men age and what ageing means to a man's market value....

A young guy in his late teens or 20s is not yet at his most attractive to women. He is still seen as a 'boy' and not a man yet.

As a man gets towards 30, his market value rapidly increases. He starts to look more manly in his appearance, and he starts to act more manly in his personality because he is maturing. Often, he has more career and financial success too. All these traits increase his market value and therefore his attractiveness towards women.

A guy in his 30s, 40s and 50s and sometimes even older can still be massively attractive to women and date women who are much, much younger than himself. But a woman in her 30s, 40s, 50s and over is going to find attracting a man much harder work.

See, women have the power when they're younger, but after 30 the power balance shifts rapidly and a women loses her seductive power, whereas a man GAINS his power.

There is a saying, 'Men age like fine wine, women age like milk'. It's so true!

This is why younger guys at uni find it hard to get laid, and the girls that age have tons of guys after them. The guys haven't yet reached their most attractive, and the girls are at their most attractive.

So yeah, this isn't a woman hating thread, it's just making people aware of the truth about age vs attractiveness.

To the girls here, do you worry about being over 25 or 30 and losing your 'seductive power'?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

bull****. I'm 27 and I'm definitely not as hideous looking as I was between the ages of 21-25.
I hope this is true, because I'm a 20 year old man.
Reply 3
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
bull****. I'm 27 and I'm definitely not as hideous looking as I was between the ages of 21-25.

27 isn't too bad, but your market value is less now than it was when you were in your late teens or early 20s. Once you get past 30, you will find it increasingly more difficult to pull men. It's just the way life is for women, I'm afraid - men are more attracted to the younger ones.
Reply 4
Original post by Lovehunter
To the girls here, do you worry about being over 25 or 30 and losing your 'seductive power'?

I disagree totally. i believe a womans peak attractiveness is at age 23-27. the chiselled cheekbones that older women have start to appear that that age, and the fleshy puppy fat flat faced look of a child has fully disappeaed.

Provided a woman cares herself, maintains exactly the same weight as she was in her early 20s (most dont), doesnt go in the sun, drink, smoke, or dye or cut her hair too much she will look pretty much the same as she was at 23. i am 25 and look the same as age 23. i expect my looks to peak at 27, since i expect my face to have a more bony look as my bone structure ages.

i agree that age 30 is a downfall for (most) women, they develop some or more of the following problems a) wrinkles b) straw-hair from over dying c)overweight/cellulite d)hairy face

this can be avoided but will be much harder. also, most women give birth around age 30 and i guess that adds to the propbelm, since kiddies become a priority, not fashion or goign gym
27 isn't too bad, but your market value is less now than it was when you were in your late teens or early 20s. Once you get past 30, you will find it increasingly more difficult to pull men. It's just the way life is for women, I'm afraid - men are more attracted to the younger ones.

I'm married . I don't generally pull men as a result. And anyway I repeat - I looked worse in my early twenties than I do now.
Reply 6
I'm married . I don't generally pull men as a result. And anyway I repeat - I looked worse in my early twenties than I do now.

You keep telling yourself that, lol (pics or gtfo).

If you weren't married, you wouldn't be able to compete against the younger, prettier girls, so it's a good job some guy snapped you up while you were young. And married and on a student website? Seriously? Bored housewife lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by shinytoy
I disagree totally. i believe a womans peak attractiveness is at age 23-27. the chiselled cheekbones that older women have start to appear that that age, and the fleshy puppy fat flat faced look of a child has fully disappeaed.

Provided a woman cares herself, maintains exactly the same weight as she was in her early 20s (most dont), doesnt go in the sun, drink, smoke, or dye or cut her hair too much she will look pretty much the same as she was at 23. i am 25 and look the same as age 23. i expect my looks to peak at 27, since i expect my face to have a more bony look as my bone structure ages.

i agree that age 30 is a downfall for (most) women, they develop some or more of the following problems a) wrinkles b) straw-hair from over dying c)overweight/cellulite d)hairy face

this can be avoided but will be much harder. also, most women give birth around age 30 and i guess that adds to the propbelm, since kiddies become a priority, not fashion or goign gym

In a way I feel slightly sorry for women in that they have a shorter time frame in which to attract a mate, which only adds to their pressure. Lucky I'm a guy, we have a much wider window and we age better. It's just the way nature is though.
Reply 8
I understand the perspective of most (not all guys) who prefer youthful looking women, I mean. Nowadays, wake up, with all the media attention about the hottest girl in the maxim or gossip magazines. Most girls who going through extreme levels to try to keep into shape even after their 25's and later age.

This puts them into a different class where most (not all girls) will find it hard to compete with youthful girls, such as 19/20. Honestly, 6/5 years does means a different to a person, whether its hair, skin, wrinkles, teeth, knowledge, etc.

We all go through the aging process, men and women aren't going to stay youth looking whatever. As for men, (most, not all guys) work to produce. Most of women (not all women) are housewives, or later in life that is, they won't be able to reach their potential due to caring their children. Like again, there is a few exemptions to everything I said, they'll be single parents, women working independently and men being the house do-er, etc.

What I'm saying is, there is a massive stereotype and generalization, people make. e.g. If your an investor, like me, you'll notice, Board of Directors in most company nowadays for multinational companies are made up of men. You should ask them, why?

Anyhow, final point, its not women market value that goes down, sometimes its up, vice versa with men. I've seen men who doesn't take care of themselves or do stupid things and get up with two front teeth knocked out or no hair whatsoever or beer belly.

So frankly I can see lots of arguments throwing at different sides. All I can say is the OP made a generalization, rather than statistical facts. Now I much prefer to go enjoy myself in the garden rather.
As a guy gets older, his market value increases.

As a girl ages, her market value decreases, and often fairly rapidly.

A woman's market value is at her highest between the ages of 16 and 25 (possibly up to 30 if she really takes care of herself and is lucky). During this age range, women are at their most attractive to men. They can rely on their looks and 'sexiness' to attract guys (and, often, manipulate men for their own gain).

As a women reaches 30 and beyond, her market value rapidly decreases and she becomes less attractive to men. Once she reaches the menopause, she's finished and no man wants her any more.

Contrast this with how men age and what ageing means to a man's market value....

A young guy in his late teens or 20s is not yet at his most attractive to women. He is still seen as a 'boy' and not a man yet.

As a man gets towards 30, his market value rapidly increases. He starts to look more manly in his appearance, and he starts to act more manly in his personality because he is maturing. Often, he has more career and financial success too. All these traits increase his market value and therefore his attractiveness towards women.

A guy in his 30s, 40s and 50s and sometimes even older can still be massively attractive to women and date women who are much, much younger than himself. But a woman in her 30s, 40s, 50s and over is going to find attracting a man much harder work.

See, women have the power when they're younger, but after 30 the power balance shifts rapidly and a women loses her seductive power, whereas a man GAINS his power.

There is a saying, 'Men age like fine wine, women age like milk'. It's so true!

This is why younger guys at uni find it hard to get laid, and the girls that age have tons of guys after them. The guys haven't yet reached their most attractive, and the girls are at their most attractive.

So yeah, this isn't a woman hating thread, it's just making people aware of the truth about age vs attractiveness.

Is this your way of reassuring yourself that you won't remain single forever, and that the attractive women your age who keep rejecting you will be old and fat one day? It's kind of transparent.
ITT: Women throwing hissy fits and getting deeply offended because they think they're exceptions to the rule.
You keep telling yourself that, lol (pics or gtfo).

If you weren't married, you wouldn't be able to compete against the younger, prettier girls, so it's a good job some guy snapped you up while you were young. And married and on a student website? Seriously? Bored housewife lol.

I love how you think I ought to prove myself to you. HAHAHA. You're a funny little fellow aren't you.
Reply 12
I love how you think I ought to prove myself to you. HAHAHA. You're a funny little fellow aren't you.

Well, as you claimed you are 'better looking now than in your early 20s', the burden of proof is upon you to provide proof of these claims. Most married women, though, tend to let themselves go after getting married, especially after they've had kids, so it's unusual for a woman to look better with age in those circumstances and scenarios.
(edited 12 years ago)
Well, as you claimed you are 'better looking now than in your early 20s', the burden of proof is upon you to provide proof of these claims. Most married women, though, tend to let themselves go after getting married, especially after they've had kids, so it's unusual for a woman to look better with age in those circumstances and scenarios.

though you are somewhat irritating, ok then, what the hell. First picture is me aged 25. Second picture is me aged 27. Though I'm not exactly wow material in either, I can't really think that there's any doubt that my before photo is worse than my after photo. Thus your "women always look better when they're younger" theory is a load of tosh.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/217678_10100162559972289_197812287_54511723_3347603_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284784_10100249243492819_197812287_56012265_4862987_n.jpg
not all men look better with age - for example,you will always be ugly and unwanted <3
At the end of the day, it's just another guy wanting to stir and cause up more problem for others. Why bother, replying back to him? Let this thread be dead.
Reply 16
though you are somewhat irritating, ok then, what the hell. First picture is me aged 25. Second picture is me aged 27. Though I'm not exactly wow material in either, I can't really think that there's any doubt that my before photo is worse than my after photo. Thus your "women always look better when they're younger" theory is a load of tosh.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/217678_10100162559972289_197812287_54511723_3347603_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284784_10100249243492819_197812287_56012265_4862987_n.jpg

Fair enough, you look way better in the second pic. Plus you've lost a LOT of weight in the second pic. But then again if you'd just had a kid in the first pic then it kind of figures you'd be a lot fatter cos of that.
Fair enough, you look way better in the second pic. Plus you've lost a LOT of weight in the second pic. But then again if you'd just had a kid in the first pic then it kind of figures you'd be a lot fatter cos of that.

that was my third child. I've not had any since. But you did say that in your opinion women let themselves go after having children. In the short term yes, maybe, it's hard to be bothered to make an effort in your own presentation when you have a newborn to look after. When the child gets a bit older though I don't see why a woman wouldn't start to make a bit of an effort.
I really think your initial generalisations are quite way off tbh.

im 30 and in a 10 year relationship, i dont need 'seductive power'
Reply 19
that was my third child.

**** me, you must've started young!

I've not had any since. But you did say that in your opinion women let themselves go after having children. In the short term yes, maybe, it's hard to be bothered to make an effort in your own presentation when you have a newborn to look after. When the child gets a bit older though I don't see why a woman wouldn't start to make a bit of an effort.
I really think your initial generalisations are quite way off tbh.

They're going to need to make an effort lol, as they will be past their prime and so they will have to try very hard to look reasonably good.

Anyway, not to hate on older women, I don't want this thread to sound that way. Let's keep it on topic.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest