Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mission
Fell in love with Nottingham on the open day, the campus was really beautiful. If a little on the hilly side.

Definitely applying for Chemistry, now all I need to do is write my PS. :rolleyes:

It is beautiful and is hilly. So you will get very fit running to lectures. I have a son at Nottingham. He just loves it there. I would recommend it.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by lrowles93
Me too :smile: What are your GCSE/AS/Predicted grades like?

I do the IB, not A levels, and got predicted 41 points. How about you? :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by -Illmatic-
Agree!

But then again it was the same for me at So'ton and it probably will be the same for me at Bristol and, to a certain extent, any other Russel Group uni. It is slightly worrying but if this wasnt the case then there wouldnt be schemes such as 'Widening participation'.

Original post by Tsunami2011
Unfortunately, that's likely to be the case at any top uni, bar the London ones.:s-smilie:

Hmm, yeah, I would expect it from Bristol and certain other unis, but for some reason didn't think Nottingham would be like this. Birmingham seemed pretty diverse.

I am still in love with Nottingham though! :smile:
Reply 83
German and History! I live in the area, so it's not exactly my first choice, but I do love the city and the uni, so I definitely won't be complaining if I get in!
Reply 84
Original post by paperstars123

Wow, nice :smile: erm I got 10 A*s, 1.5 As at GCSE, AS was AAAA and I'm predicted A*A*A*A* this year (maths, further maths, geo, chem). Bit worried about not having done economics A-level!
Original post by WitwickyDZ
I can't say it would be impossible. But you have to remember that the L100 course looks for AAA as a requirement, and bear in mind that many applicants get themselves predicted A*AA or more. I could recommend applying to "Economics and (another subject)" if the entry requirments for that joint degree was AAB or less.

Ultimately the decision is with the applicant and they have to take all advices on board with a pinch of salt and be confident to make up their own mind.

The economic offer is now A*AA-AAA according to the website.
Original post by lrowles93
Wow, nice :smile: erm I got 10 A*s, 1.5 As at GCSE, AS was AAAA and I'm predicted A*A*A*A* this year (maths, further maths, geo, chem). Bit worried about not having done economics A-level!

Those are really great results! :smile: Don't worry, A level Economics isn't required, and your Maths and Further Maths would look impressive with A*. I don't do Maths up to the level equivalent to A2, so I'm actually in a much worse position than you. :s-smilie:
Reply 87
I am applying for geography :biggrin:!
Anyone else for Civil Engineering?

(Just re-entering myself into the conversation here! :tongue:)

I did the IB too! But I'm applying for Mpharm @ Notts. (:
Original post by whitelily29
I did the IB too! But I'm applying for Mpharm @ Notts. (:

Hey, good to know. Nottingham is often ranked the first for pharmacy, so you definitely made a good choice haha. How's your predicted grade like if you don't mind me asking?
Hey, good to know. Nottingham is often ranked the first for pharmacy, so you definitely made a good choice haha. How's your predicted grade like if you don't mind me asking?

Actually, Nottingham isn't my first choice >.<
Well... I got my IB results at the start of this year! I took a gap year (: I got 43, 7s for Chemistry, Biology and Math HL. 2 for EE, TOK.
Original post by whitelily29
Actually, Nottingham isn't my first choice >.<
Well... I got my IB results at the start of this year! I took a gap year (: I got 43, 7s for Chemistry, Biology and Math HL. 2 for EE, TOK.

oh I see. I heard Manchaster and King's College are good for Pharmacy too! I considered taking Pharmacy before actually, but figured I'm not that interested in it. Wow well done for your IB! Those are really great results, I do HL Bio and Chem too, but Maths at SL. I'm predicted 2 points for my EE/TOK grades too, but TOK is such a bore. Why did you take a gap year? Did you do better in the exam than what you're predicted, and chose to reapply?
oh I see. I heard Manchaster and King's College are good for Pharmacy too! I considered taking Pharmacy before actually, but figured I'm not that interested in it. Wow well done for your IB! Those are really great results, I do HL Bio and Chem too, but Maths at SL. I'm predicted 2 points for my EE/TOK grades too, but TOK is such a bore. Why did you take a gap year? Did you do better in the exam than what you're predicted, and chose to reapply?

Yupp, I'm applying to those too but my first choice is London School of Pharmacy. I really want to study in London. ^^
I actually had a place at UCL to read Medicinal Chemistry. But I was offered a scholarship to read Pharmacy two months after I confirmed my place. So I withdrew from UCL and took a gap year (: I got my predicted grades actually. Haha! Exactly. But my teachers predicted BB for TOK and EE but I got CA.
Reply 94
Applying for Law! Predicted AAA with pretty average GCSE's but I feel I have an excellent personal statement.
I think LNAT will be the swing, absolutely dreading the exam!
Reply 95
I'm applying for philosophy :smile:
Reply 96
Applying for Chemical Engineering!

Loved it when I went to the open day in June, no other univeristy open day I went to had a bbq either :tongue:
Reply 97
Applying for French & Portuguese, sending UCAS off early next week. :biggrin:
Reply 98
I'm applying for Natural Sciences :biggrin:
I sent my UCAS form to my tutor today!
i'm applying for maths G100 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending