The Student Room Group

I don't like guys who like slutty looking girls, shallow?

This is what i said to him.

Okay, lets be realistic here. There are some girls when you're out on a night out that you see dressed a little innapropriate. With full boobs hanging out and bum cheeks on show, crop tops with hot pants, caked in make up etc. Not my business and it's their life etc I couldn't care less for them. I wear short dresses too sometimes, but theres still a big difference between the trashy look and classy/elegant look.

And it's natural that when you see a guy hanging around girls that look pleasant and like your type (of friends/ appearnace) you'll be somewhat drawn to them.
Because to an extent it indicates his type/ attraction. ( for those of who understand what i'm talking about :smile:

Now if you see him sniffing around girls with almost nothing on, very loud, caked in make up etc, you'd think he's attracted to those kind of girls. Whether it's for a quickie or not.

So it's natural that you'd make a judgement about the guy. So this guy tells me that he likes that look, he even described it as slutty himself. My reaction was i don't like guys who would go for that..because i'm not like that. Why would he be interested in plain all me, if thats what he likes?

He said that i was shallow for not liking guys who like that type of girls. Am i shallow?

I mean that observation will tell me a lot about that guy.

well i consider myself to be elegant and someone who

Scroll to see replies

*sad face at use of 'slutty'*

I don't judge someone by what they find attractive. I judge them by how they are with me and how they treat others. Sometimes being the exception to the rule is a great thing, and if I really like someone and find them to be engaging, intelligent and fun, I'm not going to be put off them simply because I'm not their normal type.
maybe if you stopped being so high and mighty and stopped judging everyone in this situation you'd have a boyfriend
Sounds like you're jealous these girls get more attention than you.

It's ok, making an anonymous post on an internet forum will make him change his preferences.
Reply 4
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Sounds like you're jealous these girls get more attention than you.

It's ok, making an anonymous post on an internet forum will make him change his preferences.

I was waiting for that. Thanks, but no. I get enough attention as it is. I'm always getting compliments on my looks and body. I have nothing to be jealous of.

Funny you say that, I don't want him to change his preferance, I don't like him because of his preferance, he keeps asking me out:rolleyes: and yes i like guys with standard :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Bellissima
maybe if you stopped being so high and mighty and stopped judging everyone in this situation you'd have a boyfriend

:rolleyes: I'm not looking for a boyfriend, i'm taking a break from dating if i'm being honest.
Original post by Anonymous
:rolleyes: I'm not looking for a boyfriend, i'm taking a break from dating if i'm being honest.

then why bother making this thread?
I was waiting for that. Thanks, but no. I get enough attention as it is. I'm always getting compliments on my looks and body. I have nothing to be jealous of.

Funny you say that, I don't want him to change his preferance, I don't like him because of his preferance, he keeps asking me out:rolleyes: and yes i like guys with standard :smile:

wow you sound lovely, why do you think you're a higher standard of woman? just because you are different with your actions and choice of clothes does not mean you are a better standard than these women.
Reply 8

dude whats your problem?

@ op - i know what you mean, i dated my ex knowing i wasnt his usual type - he usually went for the skanks and mini skirted bimbo variety who had all kinds of threesomes. meanwhile i am a classily dressed, professional, with decent values and no sex before marriage. he dated me for a year, often saying how i want his usual type, and eventually cheated on me then dumped me for somene who was. a leaopard cant change his spots.

also if a dude is sleeping with a bunch of sluts, that makes him one too.
Reply 9
Well the sexier/sluttier a girl looks, the harder it is for a guy to not want to look/stare/oggle - This will give the girl an ego/confidence boost, knowing most males in the room find her attractive/sexually arousing.
Original post by shinytoy
dude whats your problem?

@ op - i know what you mean, i dated my ex knowing i wasnt his usual type - he usually went for the skanks and mini skirted bimbo variety who had all kinds of threesomes. meanwhile i am a classily dressed, professional, with decent values and no sex before marriage. he dated me for a year, often saying how i want his usual type, and eventually cheated on me then dumped me for somene who was. a leaopard cant change his spots.

also if a dude is sleeping with a bunch of sluts, that makes him one too.

my problem is that i don't like people feeling they are better than others just because they are different. i also don't like girls judging other girls who are "slutty" (i don't like using that word) because it's none of their business and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a girl sleeping around if that's what she wants. OP claims to agree with this but then goes on to tell us about her negative judgement.
Reply 11
my problem is that i don't like people feeling they are better than others just because they are different. i also don't like girls judging other girls who are "slutty" (i don't like using that word) because it's none of their business and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a girl sleeping around if that's what she wants. OP claims to agree with this but then goes on to tell us about her negative judgement.

i think her point was, if those girls wanna let it all hang out and sleep with a bunch of dudes every night, thats cool for them and entirely their choice.
but if a guy specifically targets these girls who are scantily clad and well up for it, knowing he will get banged within a few hours of meeting, should she date him?

i say no because she has different expectations of the relationship to him
Reply 12
Are you looking for gay guys then? because any straight guy likes to look at scantily clad fit girls......

x
Original post by Schmokie Dragon
*sad face at use of 'slutty'*

I don't judge someone by what they find attractive. I judge them by how they are with me and how they treat others. Sometimes being the exception to the rule is a great thing, and if I really like someone and find them to be engaging, intelligent and fun, I'm not going to be put off them simply because I'm not their normal type.

Bingo.
Reply 14
I would never use the term 'slutty' thats someones sister or daughter you are talking about and I am sure you wont like it if someone said that to you!!
Reply 15
wow you sound lovely, why do you think you're a higher standard of woman? just because you are different with your actions and choice of clothes does not mean you are a better standard than these women.

'i like guys with standard' is in regard to the guys attitude. He called the girls sluts and yet he tells me it's what he likes and dates.

Clearly he has no standard, why wouldnt any girl want to date a guy they think has standard?
Reply 16
Original post by shinytoy
i think her point was, if those girls wanna let it all hang out and sleep with a bunch of dudes every night, thats cool for them and entirely their choice.
but if a guy specifically targets these girls who are scantily clad and well up for it, knowing he will get banged within a few hours of meeting, should she date him?

i say no because she has different expectations of the relationship to him

Thanks, this is exactly what i mean.

It clearly paints a mental image of what type of guys he is.
Reply 17
Original post by TheJ0ker
Are you looking for gay guys then? because any straight guy likes to look at scantily clad fit girls......

Nothing wrong with looking, but pursuing only them is different.
Reply 18

exactly. with my ex, i could tell from how he approacheed me, the way he spoke and was dressed and how he invited me over to his on our first date 'for a nice home cooked lunch' that he was used to the miniskirted skank types who bang out quickly. i said to my mum 'i know this guy usually goes with skank type miniskirted easy girls, what would he ever see in me, im nothing like that, i am a trainee financial lawyer and indeed a classy lady' my mum said 'sometimes guys get bored of all that, they want a piece of class when they are ready to settle down' but in the end he did cheat and was looking for easy sex with bimbos. even though he liked me, he coudlnt change.
Nothing wrong with looking, but pursuing only them is different.

exactly, there is a difference between a dude who watches all the miniskirted bimbos out on the town. but those who actually approach them and have sex with them and maybe even take them home to meet mom for a few 'dates', dudes that have 'shag buddys' are looking for something enitely different to the classy dude who looks over at the skanks, but meanwhile starts dating and befriending a decent down to earth jeans wearing girl he is friends with from his uni class. that guy wants a relationship, the other guy just wants to get his hump on

I get what you're saying.

However, I couldn't date this guy because he calls girls sluts NOT because he goes for girls that some people might call sluts. It's not about who he goes for, it's about his general attitude and use of offensive terms. Who he fancies/sleeps with is irrelevant to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending